Thread: +: A DragMag Team

Default +: A DragMag Team

+

Heya, it's Jazz here, with my 4th RMT on Serebii. After listening to Ed Sheeran's
    '+' album, (for like, a week straight), I decided to finally make a new team, after
    months of using just rain and Deoxys-D and make a new team. Sadly, I
    completely failed, and was completely p***ed for a few days. Then I tried again,
    and it actually turned out pretty good, but still not perfect. That's why I'm posting
    it here. So, enough of my rambling, on to the team

First Look

White lips, pale face
    Breathing in snowflakes
    Burnt lungs, sour taste
    Light's gone, day's end
    Struggling to pay rent
    Long nights, strange men

The A Team (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Volt Switch
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

I replaced Skarmory with Forretress after realising how truly weak my team was
    without a spinner. The evs are pretty much standard to allow me to take as many
    hits as possible whilst setting up hazards. Also, they let me survive attacks from
    virtually every Politoed, without the need for Sturdy!
        Spoiler:- Calcs:

Gyro ball is to do decent damage to anything it hits, Volt Switch is for scouting,
    Spikes is my first entry hazard on this team and Rapid spin is for, well, spinning?

See, I’m true, my songs are where my heart is
    I’m like glue, I stick to other artists
    I’m not you, now that would be disastrous
    Let me sing and do my thing and move to greener pastures
    See, I’m real, I do it all, it’s all me
    I’m not fake, don’t ever call me lazy
    I won’t stay put, give me the chance to be free
    Suffolk sadly seems to sort of suffocate me

YouNeedMe (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Low Kick

As suggested by SkyDriver, here is DDHaxorus to replace ScarfChomp. After one
    Dragon Dance it can literally destroy teams, something Eliteknight can testify to! I
    use DClaw over Outrage because I personally hate being locked into it on anything
    but Choice sets. Earthquake hits those pesky steels and Low Kick can take down a
    poke which is very annoying to my team: Ferrothorn.
        Spoiler:- More Calcs:

So yeah it will destroy anything. EVs and nature are to maximise power.

But a house gets cold when you cut the heating
    Without you to hold I'll be freezing
    Can't rely on my heart to beat in
    'Cause you take parts of it every evening
    Take words out of my mouth just from breathing
    Replace with phrases like when you're leaving me.

Drunk (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

I have always valued Salamence's power as a Scarfer, and this is the set I usually
    use. I can use outrage if all steels are down thanks to mag or DClaw if there's
    one left, so I can still switch out. Earthquake hits Heatran and other specially
    defensive steels and Fire Blast hits Skarm, Ferro and Forre. Nature doesn't kill
    F Blast's power whilst increasing SPEEEEEED. Same for EV's

This city never sleeps
    I hear the people walk by when it’s late
    Sirens bleed through my windowsill
    I can’t close my eyes
    Don’t control what I’m into
    This tower is alive
    The lights that blind keep me awake
    With my hood up and lace untied
    Sleep fills my mind
    Don’t control what I’m into

The City (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Flash Cannon
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Charge Beam

Sub+3 attacks is my favourite Mag set, and with good reason. Charge Beam can
    easily set up, and Flash Cannon has higher power which can help a lot. Hidden
    Power Fire DESTROYS Steels, which are otherwise a big threat to my team. The
    Speed Evs and Timid make sure I outspeed swords dance Scizor. The rest of the
    evs are dumped into HP, because I can.

My mind is a warrior,
    My heart is a foreigner,
    My eyes are the colour of red like a sunset,
    I'll never keep it bottled up,
    Left to the hands of the coroner,
    Be a true heart not a follower,
    We're not done yet now,

Grade 8 (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Roar

Spec Defensive Heatran forms the other half of my defensive steels core with
    Forretress. Stealth rock combined with Forre spikes can be a nuisance for
    anybody, and Toxic them just makes it more fun to watch them perish. Lava
    Plume actually does ok against Ferros, and roar is for those annoying DDancers.
    The Ev's are made so that I get maximum leftovers recovery and allow me to
    completely tank special attacks.

I'm gonna pick up the pieces,
    And build a Lego house
    If things go wrong we can knock it down
    My three words have two meanings,
    There's one thing on my mind
    It's all for you

Lego House (Keldeo-R) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]

Keldeo acts as the 'glue' for my team, a powerful set-up sweeper that can take
    advantage of stallers and other CMers to sweep completely. Surf and Secret
    Sword are very powerful STAB that can take down a lot of pokemon. HP Ghost
    hits Jellicent, Lati@s and Celebi. Calm Mind is my setup which can easily destroy
    teams. I chose Leftovers over Life Orb because quite often it can come down to
    the life orb damage to kill me.. The Nature and evs are pretty much the only
    ones that should be used on a special sweeper.

So thank you for reading, and I hope you will take the time to rate!
    Here is an importable for those who wish to test.
        Spoiler:- Importable:

Last Look
    Last edited by Jazz™; 24th March 2013 at 1:23 PM. Reason: MOOOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD BREAKER!

tested the team few times, few things hit my eye: No spinner, Mence hates rocks and keldeo TSpikes.
    Keldeo is stopped dead by Celebi and Starmie
    Celebi is a hard to break.
    Garchomp is pretty weak.

For that I also used Dragmag teams, maybe you like DDHaxorus > Garchomp, as it is so much stronger. If you do this, give Mence a scarfed set, with Outrage > DDance. I think Starmie needs to be added, to spin away rocks and hit celebi on the switch in. And Arieon wanted to say he loves the nicknames :P
    Btw on Zone, just use TBolt to 2HKO Skarm, instead of getting phazed inbetween, or beaten after the setting up.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDriver View Post
    tested the team few times, few things hit my eye: No spinner, Mence hates rocks and keldeo TSpikes.
    Keldeo is stopped dead by Celebi and Starmie
    Celebi is a hard to break.
    Garchomp is pretty weak.

For that I also used Dragmag teams, maybe you like DDHaxorus > Garchomp, as it is so much stronger. If you do this, give Mence a scarfed set, with Outrage > DDance. I think Starmie needs to be added, to spin away rocks and hit celebi on the switch in. And Arieon wanted to say he loves the nicknames :P
    Btw on Zone, just use TBolt to 2HKO Skarm, instead of getting phazed inbetween, or beaten after the setting up.
    DDHaxorus sounds good, I'll test it. I just have 1 query though. I admit I need a spinner, but over who?

Hello Jazz Hands, I enjoyed reading your DragMag team. Well done!

You seem to be at an indecision right now. Fortunately, I may be of some assistance.

To answer the above question, Skarmory is your only replacable member at the moment for a spinner like Forretress. Yes, Forretress. It is literally as bulky as Skarmory, if not bulkier, due to superior Hp. Forretress provides your team with the solution of a spinner, as well as giving you a scout or sorts in the form of Volt Switch. A spread of Gyro Ball, Volt Switch, Spikes and Rapid Spin may suffice.(May need some testing to view the adjustments). As far as EVs go, the standard Relaxed nature with 252 Hp/ 180 Def/ 76 Sp.Def mayb do you some good. Ofcourse, you may have to use Leftovers as the item to keep Forretress' bulk intact.

SubCM Keldeo are rarely seen because they are easily walled by the likes of Jellicent and Celebi, as SkyDriver brought to attention. A simple change of Substitute to Hidden Power(Ghost) handles this small issue quite nicely.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

EDIT: If you ever miss your phazing ability from Skarmory, Heatran can opt for Roar over Will-o-Wisp. You will rarely miss the burn chance, in my opinion.
    Last edited by CedOmega; 13th March 2013 at 8:05 PM.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Quote Originally Posted by CedOmega View Post
    Hello Jazz Hands, I enjoyed reading your DragMag team. Well done!

You seem to be at an indecision right now. Fortunately, I may be of some assistance.

To answer the above question, Skarmory is your only replacable member at the moment for a spinner like Forretress. Yes, Forretress. It is literally as bulky as Skarmory, if not bulkier, due to superior Hp. Forretress provides your team with the solution of a spinner, as well as giving you a scout or sorts in the form of Volt Switch. A spread of Gyro Ball, Volt Switch, Spikes and Rapid Spin may suffice.(May need some testing to view the adjustments). As far as EVs go, the standard Relaxed nature with 252 Hp/ 180 Def/ 76 Sp.Def mayb do you some good. Ofcourse, you may have to use Leftovers as the item to keep Forretress' bulk intact.

SubCM Keldeo are rarely seen because they are easily walled by the likes of Jellicent and Celebi, as SkyDriver brought to attention. A simple change of Substitute to Hidden Power(Ghost) handles this small issue quite nicely.

Good luck and I hope this helped.
    Thank you so much!
    Forretress sounds very good, and I will test it right now.
    The Keldeo change is much needed, so I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    DDHaxorus sounds good, I'll test it. I just have 1 query though. I admit I need a spinner, but over who?
    There isn't really many options other than replacing skarm with forretress if you're looking or a spinner, tho tbh i've liked to use donphan as a lead and have something over stealth rock if i had something else that had use for it.

Also, dragon claw > dual chop because more reliable. You shouldn't really have to worry about breaking subs with it.

OK, because this team is on both Serebii Forums and PO forums I have made changes encompassing both forums. They have been made, so bump!

Hello again Jazz Hands.

I see that Forretress worked out for you. With the changes made, this team looks VERY solid. My only suggestion for it now would be to have Mold Breaker ability on Haxorus to hit things that are very annoying, like LO SubSplit Gengar and bulky Rotom-W variants with Earthquake.

Other than that, wonderful team and I'm glad to see that it's coming together very nicely.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...

Leader of The Creed of the Dragon.
    Check out my latest RMT
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trainer Pose.

Quote Originally Posted by CedOmega View Post
    Hello again Jazz Hands.

I see that Forretress worked out for you. With the changes made, this team looks VERY solid. My only suggestion for it now would be to have Mold Breaker ability on Haxorus to hit things that are very annoying, like LO SubSplit Gengar and bulky Rotom-W variants with Earthquake.

Other than that, wonderful team and I'm glad to see that it's coming together very nicely.
    Yes, Mold Breaker appers to be much better, so I'm adding it!

Bump, more rates pleaase!