Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Underrated Pokemon

I actually find Gallade to be pretty under rated. I use to run bulk up Gallade built lately I have been running Band Ade, and ignoring the fact I was on a losing streak this afternoon, the current team using Gallade seems to have turned it around somewhat. I mostly find myself abusing Gallade against the 3 musketeers (though spec's Keldeo may become a problem, have!n't ran into one yet)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

While it's true there was a PoTW recently about this, that's not why I bring this pokemon up. I've always been a fan, for years and years.
    Slowbro.
    One of the most underrated pokemon in OU out there. It has fantastic bulk, an incredible moveset, a great ability, and decent typing.
    Some may say it's outclassed by Jellicent, but I disagree; Slowbro has a vastly different movepool and overall use in battling.
    So yeah, Je l'aime beaucoup.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I actually find Gallade to be pretty under rated. I use to run bulk up Gallade built lately I have been running Band Ade, and ignoring the fact I was on a losing streak this afternoon, the current team using Gallade seems to have turned it around somewhat. I mostly find myself abusing Gallade against the 3 musketeers (though spec's Keldeo may become a problem, have!n't ran into one yet)
    Band looks fine in OU, but as for Bulk Up....eh...

115 special defense is great, but that HP ruins it. Bulk Up helps to cover it's defense, but it doesn't do that great up a job.

It also just receives too much competition as far as band goes. Conkeldurr carries an even higher attack and can opt out of the choice band instead, the rarer Machamp can use No Guard Dynamic Punch to mess with it's usual swap ins, and most notably, Terrakion carries amazing STAB coverage and actually has higher special defense in a sand storm.

I guess it could be a pokemon if you need a Terrakion check and some choice band at the same time, but that's a little situational.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    While it's true there was a PoTW recently about this, that's not why I bring this pokemon up. I've always been a fan, for years and years.
    Slowbro.
    One of the most underrated pokemon in OU out there. It has fantastic bulk, an incredible moveset, a great ability, and decent typing.
    Some may say it's outclassed by Jellicent, but I disagree; Slowbro has a vastly different movepool and overall use in battling.
    So yeah, Je l'aime beaucoup.
    Yeah, I love that guy. Being able to swap out like that and get healed in doing so is really nifty. I think that guy should be in OU, actually. Sure, I've seen some fair arguments against it, but it's better then Metagross and Lucario, that's for sure.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

My biggest problem with Slowbro is how volt turn weak he is (even though he can recover a good portion of it off, 1 crit will always hurt a lot)

As for Gallade, I run him on a sand team and the set I made specifically to take care of:

Gastrodon
    specs Toed (outspeed and either ohko's by the time he comes in or deals enough for toed to not last much longer)
    Scarf Terrakion
    Breloom
    Weakened Latios
    Other random miscellaneous threats that I'm not thinking of

These guys appeared to be the biggest threats to the team and I've found him pretty solid so far. Unless you have a better option to take care of that... Weird group of Pokemon. When I ran bulk up I also ran a lot of burning moves on my team so he could come in on even life orb Mamo and set up. I will admit his speed leaves something to be desired and he is situational but every team I have out him on he fit like a glove. The lack of changing moves seemed like a problem at first but because of gallade's speed I found myself predicting switch ins 90% of the time anyways so I decided I didn't care about setting up

My biggest problem with Slowbro is how volt turn weak he is (even though he can recover a good portion of it off, 1 crit will always hurt a lot)
    I always run Thunderwave on it, and that seems to handle the Rotom-W just fine...but you're right, being weak to both electric and bug is kind of bad in this metagame.
    Unless you have a better option to take care of that... Weird group of Pokemon.
    This is why it isn't underrated. It can handle the weird group that your team needs, but it won't find a home as well on others.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    My Speed Boost Sharpedo absolutely destroys people's teams when they're done laughing at it... I really likeusing it, and I rarely ever see anyone else using one.
    Eh... I wouldn't call that 'underrated.' I see those all the time.

I think Krookodile is a very underrated UU physical sweeper. It has a very high attack stat, good type coverage, and it's overall proven to be a very good team member for me, especially with Moxie + Baton Pass support. But even more underrated is Azumarill, the star player of my UU team. It's got off-the-charts attack power, decent bulk, priority, good type coverage... what more could you ask for? And when it gets Baton Pass support... oh wow.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I always run Thunderwave on it, and that seems to handle the Rotom-W just fine...but you're right, being weak to both electric and bug is kind of bad in this metagame.This is why it isn't underrated. It can handle the weird group that your team needs, but it won't find a home as well on others.
    A list of all the Ou pokes Gallade can handle 1v1 with the appropriate move:

Alakazam (any)
    Blissey (any)
    Breloom (any)
    Celebi (non specs/ nasty plot, scarf has a small chance of 2hkoing Gallade)
    Conkeldurr (252 hp/ 0 def depends on damage roll, I don't think a lot of Conks even run 252 hp)
    Dugtrio (any)
    Espeon (any)

So out of the first 10 ou pokes, Band Gallade takes out 5 all of the time, at least 2 depending on the set, and possibly 3 others that I felt like it had a good chance of losing to/ wouldn't be worth the effort since they run a lot of sets. I'd say this guy is pretty under rated for a non ou poke (I don't think he covers 50-70% of the entire Meta, but I think he covers enough)

A list of all the Ou pokes Gallade can handle 1v1 with the appropriate move:

Alakazam (any)
    Blissey (any)
    Breloom (any)
    Celebi (non specs/ nasty plot, scarf has a small chance of 2hkoing Gallade)
    Conkeldurr (252 hp/ 0 def depends on damage roll, I don't think a lot of Conks even run 252 hp)
    Dugtrio (any)
    Espeon (any)

So out of the first 10 ou pokes, Band Gallade takes out 5 all of the time, at least 2 depending on the set, and possibly 3 others that I felt like it had a good chance of losing to/ wouldn't be worth the effort since they run a lot of sets. I'd say this guy is pretty under rated for a non ou poke (I don't think he covers 50-70% of the entire Meta, but I think he covers enough)
    And you say this like other pokemon can't? There are plenty of pokemon that can rip others apart with the appropriate move and a choice item. It also has some fierce competition out there. And again, while it's not Sharpedo, the guy isn't exactly bulky. Especially when it comes to defense. It's not exceptionally fast either...so, it's relatively slow, it's relatively frail, and all it really has going for it is it's attack and coverage. Both are good, but you'll want some more speed or bulk to back it up.

And finally....beating Dugtrio and Espeon isn't that much of a feat. They're OU because of their abilities, not because they're "powerful".

Hm...makes me thing of a conversation I had about Emboar a long time ago...

Actually your point was (and I quote):
    This is why it isn't underrated. It can handle the weird group that your team needs, but it won't find a home as well on others.
    I was trying to show that it actually covers a lot more mons than just the weird group I need. So while you just changed your argument about why it was underrated, I would just like to respond with this. Gallade seems to cover a unique niche that a lot of teams could take advantage of. Gallade isn't the fastest or the bulkiest. Those are the reason's why it's not well used. However it happens to be just fast enough and just bulky enough to do what it needs to do best: cover a group of pokemon reliably that I have been unable to find any other Pokemon capable of doing (and honestly I'm glad you brought up whatever caused me to make my last post because I was looking for a Poke that covered X, Y, and Z. Now I know I have A,B,C, and F covered as well. Probably more that I don't know about).

Lol Zachmac, I went trough the first 10 mons in ou and went: " I think it can beat this this and this no matter what set it runs." I was right for 5 out of 7 and the two I was wrong about it still beats some sets. Also: Espeon has base 130 sp atk, last I checked that was right up there with the most common sweepers in ou, so explain to me how that isn't powerful? Being bulky and powerful aren't the same thing.

This reminds me of a lot of conversations I have had when people didn't give a mon enough credit

Lol Zachmac, I went trough the first 10 mons in ou and went: " I think it can beat this this and this no matter what set it runs." I was right for 5 out of 7 and the two I was wrong about it still beats some sets. Also: Espeon has base 130 sp atk, last I checked that was right up there with the most common sweepers in ou, so explain to me how that isn't powerful? Being bulky and powerful aren't the same thing.
    Espeon is pretty much UU without Magic Bounce. It was in DPP NU. That's why most people who use Espeon don't go for a CM Set or anything. Usually it's either Baton Passer or Dual Screener. As a sweeper, Alakazam pretty much outclasses it with higher speed and special attack. Both have equal bad bulk, with Espeon a tad bit less miserable. If we're talking about attacker, Latios has better speed, special attack and a far superior bulk. Latias is the most often used one, for being the bulkiest amongst those mentioned and practically better STAB and resistances. Reuinclus says hi if you want to go full bulk. It's like, bulky slow special attacker that can set up CM. So yeah, Espeon isn't the best special attacker, but the CM set I tried can be a bit unpredictable, yet it's outclassed.

Anyways, I find that CB Ferothorn is really underrated. Most people see Ferrothorn, they're like: Hurrr durr Ferrothron muz goz Heatran. Tehy eat a Bulldoze right smack in their face. Ferrothorn can also last-ditch with Explosion, which despite the nerf, is still powerful. The point is that Explosion is a surprising move to see on Ferrothorn. They may think. Wow, Bulldoze? But I bet it used it over Gyro Ball/Power Whip to deal with Heatran. Nope. Boom in their face. I've never encountered anyone who went to a steel before my Ferro explodes into pieces.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Actually your point was (and I quote):

I was trying to show that it actually covers a lot more mons than just the weird group I need. So while you just changed your argument about why it was underrated, I would just like to respond with this. Gallade seems to cover a unique niche that a lot of teams could take advantage of. Gallade isn't the fastest or the bulkiest. Those are the reason's why it's not well used. However it happens to be just fast enough and just bulky enough to do what it needs to do best: cover a group of pokemon reliably that I have been unable to find any other Pokemon capable of doing (and honestly I'm glad you brought up whatever caused me to make my last post because I was looking for a Poke that covered X, Y, and Z. Now I know I have A,B,C, and F covered as well. Probably more that I don't know about).
    The point I was making was that there is usually a better pokemon for the job. The only niche it really has over other fighting types is it's psychic type, and besides that, it's outclassed.

Unless you really want your fighting type to resist a fighting attack or something, like your team did with Terrakion, there will be a better pokemon for the job.
    Espeon is pretty much UU without Magic Bounce. It was in DPP NU. That's why most people who use Espeon don't go for a CM Set or anything. Usually it's either Baton Passer or Dual Screener. As a sweeper, Alakazam pretty much outclasses it with higher speed and special attack. Both have equal bad bulk, with Espeon a tad bit less miserable. If we're talking about attacker, Latios has better speed, special attack and a far superior bulk. Latias is the most often used one, for being the bulkiest amongst those mentioned and practically better STAB and resistances. Reuinclus says hi if you want to go full bulk. It's like, bulky slow special attacker that can set up CM. So yeah, Espeon isn't the best special attacker, but the CM set I tried can be a bit unpredictable, yet it's outclassed.
    Not to mention it's weak coverage. It's got hidden power fighting and that's about it. And it's not like psychic STAB is all that great to begin with...and half the time, it'll want HP fire to handle those Ferrothorns/Forretresses instead.

Espeon is actually a pretty bad offensive option. It's mostly for support against entry hazards and the like.

Reuniclus is also arguably the best "fast" psychic type. Give it a life orb and trick room, and that thing is significantly more dangerous then Espeon, who is easily revenge killed and walled.
    Anyways, I find that CB Ferothorn is really underrated. Most people see Ferrothorn, they're like: Hurrr durr Ferrothron muz goz Heatran. Tehy eat a Bulldoze right smack in their face. Ferrothorn can also last-ditch with Explosion, which despite the nerf, is still powerful. The point is that Explosion is a surprising move to see on Ferrothorn. They may think. Wow, Bulldoze? But I bet it used it over Gyro Ball/Power Whip to deal with Heatran. Nope. Boom in their face. I've never encountered anyone who went to a steel before my Ferro explodes into pieces.
    I've actually been considering using one of those.

Perhaps for a sweeper who has similar checks/counters to Ferrothorn? From my understanding, the Choice Band set is meant to lure out Ferrothorn's usual counters. Give it wish support, and it could be an interesting choice on a bulky offense team centered around a sweeper with similar threats to it...

I can testify to how good gallade is
    Band looks fine in OU, but as for Bulk Up....eh...

115 special defense is great, but that HP ruins it. Bulk Up helps to cover it's defense, but it doesn't do that great up a job.

It also just receives too much competition as far as band goes. Conkeldurr carries an even higher attack and can opt out of the choice band instead, the rarer Machamp can use No Guard Dynamic Punch to mess with it's usual swap ins, and most notably, Terrakion carries amazing STAB coverage and actually has higher special defense in a sand storm.

I guess it could be a pokemon if you need a Terrakion check and some choice band at the same time, but that's a little situational.Yeah, I love that guy. Being able to swap out like that and get healed in doing so is really nifty. I think that guy should be in OU, actually. Sure, I've seen some fair arguments against it, but it's better then Metagross and Lucario, that's for sure.
    Conk lacks a base 120 attack other than superpower and terrak lacks Ice punch and trick making gallade more of an ideal choice bander in my mind

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    But even more underrated is Azumarill, the star player of my UU team. It's got off-the-charts attack power, decent bulk, priority, good type coverage... what more could you ask for? And when it gets Baton Pass support... oh wow.
    TBH, I don't think Baton Pass support should really be considered, since most Pokemon are able to demolish teams with said support.

And though I like Azumarill's power and bulk, I think it's the speed and shallow movepool that hold him back. You pretty much always know what Azumarill is going to be carrying; a Water/Ice/Fighting core. There may be some variations (SubPunch vs. Superpower, Waterfall and/or Aqua Jet), and you might see a surprise Toxic every now and again, but it's pretty predictable, and when not using Aqua Jet it's pretty slow. Bulky Waters (especially Slowbro) and defensive Grass types who can take an Ice Punch stop it dead.

I think it's the fact that it's so predictable which kind of prevent it from being truly underrated. Everyone knows what to expect from it.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I said Espeon has the power of most common sweepers, not that it is a good sweeper. Besides it has Shadow ball which will nail Gallade for some serious damage, but still fails to take out Gallade. (Unless I forgot to double check something) Besides, I also said power does not equal bulk, I never even tried to say Espeon was bulky. It was just on a list of mons Gallade can reliably beat

The point I was making was that there is usually a better pokemon for the job. The only niche it really has over other fighting types is it's psychic type, and besides that, it's outclassed.
    Gallade happens to also beat every common fighting type in the tier bar Specs Keldeo in the rain (outside of rain Timid Keldeo only has a 19% chance to Ohko) and life orb Infernape with flare blitz, not to shabby of a niche considering it also covers plenty of other mons in the tier

Unless you really want your fighting type to resist a fighting attack or something, like your team did with Terrakion, there will be a better pokemon for the job.Not to mention it's weak coverage. It's got hidden power fighting and that's about it. And it's not like psychic STAB is all that great to begin with
    It seems to me that it is a pretty solid stab considering I can cover almost every fighting type in the tier with it. Also if your talking about Espeon, it has shadow ball. 252 sp atk Espeon using Shadow ball is still going to be smacking some stuff hard. I actually ran a calc of specs Espeon using shadow ball against Gallade. Gallade lives, not half bad considering espeon has a base 130 sp atk, shadow ball will have a base 160 power against Gallade and Espeon was using specs.

...and half the time, it'll want HP fire to handle those Ferrothorns/Forretresses instead.
        Spoiler:- My initial reaction thinking you were aiming this at Gallade:

Once again what I was saying about Espeon. It can hit hard, I didn't mean it would be a good sweeper

Espeon is actually a pretty bad offensive option. It's mostly for support against entry hazards and the like.
    I wasn't saying it was a good offensive option, I was saying it can hit hard. Kinda similiar to Rampardos or Slawking: they are bad offensive options but hit hard.

Reuniclus is also arguably the best "fast" psychic type. Give it a life orb and trick room, and that thing is significantly more dangerous then Espeon, who is easily revenge killed and walled.I've actually been considering using one of those.

Perhaps for a sweeper who has similar checks/counters to Ferrothorn? From my understanding, the Choice Band set is meant to lure out Ferrothorn's usual counters. Give it wish support, and it could be an interesting choice on a bulky offense team centered around a sweeper with similar threats to it...
    I don't think this part was aimed at me

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Air Balloon exists for a reason. CB Ferrothorn is set up on and doesn't really hit that hard. Still a surprising set, though.

I wonder why nobody uses Normal Kyurem. Sure, Kyurem-B exists, but it can't stall with SubRoost, whereas Normal Kyurem is an irritating staller. In February, Normal Kyurem was less used than ELECTIVIRE of all things. *facepalm*

Saw a guy sweeping some others with a Seaking... Lightningrod/Agility and rain boosted STAB move is nothing to joke about, from a 375 SpA after the boost. He even used it successfully in ubers, as Kyogre check and late-game sweeper, so yeah, it certainly is an underrated threat.
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Except Seaking's only point in Ubers is to check Kyogre, which it doesn't even do well.

252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Seaking: 180-212 (59.8 - 70.43%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Choice Scarf)

Quote Originally Posted by UbersSuck20 View Post
    Air Balloon exists for a reason. CB Ferrothorn is set up on and doesn't really hit that hard. Still a surprising set, though.

I wonder why nobody uses Normal Kyurem. Sure, Kyurem-B exists, but it can't stall with SubRoost, whereas Normal Kyurem is an irritating staller. In February, Normal Kyurem was less used than ELECTIVIRE of all things. *facepalm*
    Because every single Heatran and their mothers carry air balloon. Tbh, most Heatrans I see don't.

Also, I'm copying this from Smogon:

Using the Choice Banded, max atk, brave: This is what you get.
    Gyro Ball (-1) vs. 0/0 Salamence: 77.9% - 91.8%
    Gyro Ball vs. 252/184+ Gliscor: 58.8% - 69.5%
    Power Whip vs. 252/0 Conkeldurr: 65.2% - 76.8%
    Power Whip vs. 192/64 Reuniclus: 73.6% - 86.8%
    Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Reuniclus: 52.6% - 62.3%
    Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Suicune: 83.7% - 98.5%
    Power Whip vs. 252/252+ Hippowdon: 79% - 93.3%
    Bulldoze vs. 4/0 Heatran: 101% - 119%
    Bulldoze vs. 40/0 Magnezone: 105% - 125%
    Explosion vs. 192/64 Zapdos: 80.8% - 95.1%

ASB Squad

But what about these?
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Also, you have to predict when using CB Ferro. And it's so slow...

But it's still a good set.

But what about these?
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO Puts a good dent in him and he has no recovery, so still pretty good, Ferro should win, and I'm pretty sure Power Whip would do more damage.
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO Very rare to see, and it can't pose a threat to ferrothorn, and it has no recovery and a SR weakness, Ferro wins.
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO Good Counter
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO lol, 1st thats with Multiscale intact I believe, and 2 ParaShuffle Dnite can't touch Ferro, Ferro wins
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO Cress, once again, can't touch Ferro, Ferro wins

So yeah, out of all those the only real counter is Scizor.

Steelix. He's a decent counter to a decent amount of the Dragons in Uber, and can phaze them w/ Dragon Tail, hit Back hard with Gyro Ball, etc. And if given the chance to set up with Curse, Zekrom and its Physical friends suddenly find it hard to do... Anything! A great revenge killer, and with Statuses on your foes Pokemon... 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Steelix. He's a decent counter to a decent amount of the Dragons in Uber, and can phaze them w/ Dragon Tail, hit Back hard with Gyro Ball, etc. And if given the chance to set up with Curse, Zekrom and its Physical friends suddenly find it hard to do... Anything! A great revenge killer, and with Statuses on your foes Pokemon... 0_o
    The problem I find with Steelix is the fact that almost all Ubers teams are Sun and Rain. Sun has Ho-Oh, which can set up a sub on Steelix and use Sacred Fire to beat it, and sun has many other physical attackers that get SE STAB on Steelix which make him not as god. MixedKrom can actually beat Steelix with Focus Blast thanks to his horrendous Special Defense. And when against a Rain Team, Steelix is just garbage :/

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Steelix is not a great revenge killer, especially not in the uber tier. It's slow as balls and its attack is average at best.

It may resist Dragon but being weak to both fire and water does it no favors in the uber tier. Fire Blast is pretty common, and things like Reshiram and Ho-Oh will fry Steelix in a hurry. Rain teams absolutely demolish Steelix, this isn't even a question. Its low special defense also means most special attacks will hit it hard.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

But what about these?
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (136 BP) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (44.98 - 53.11%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
    -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 144-171 (36.54 - 43.4%) -- 99.39% chance to 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 111-131 (32.36 - 38.19%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 156-183 (40.41 - 47.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    252+ Atk Choice Band Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (128 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 175-207 (39.41 - 46.62%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs Landorus-T: True, however, after rocks, Ferrothorn has a chance to 2HKO Landorus-T. And that's with a +Def nature. Most Landorus-T run Adamant anyways. Adamant Landorus-T has 10% chance of getting 2HKO'd. After rocks, it's a firm 2HKO. Landorus can't touch Ferrothorn with its standard Rock/EQ/U-Turn/Stone Edge set anyways, so it can't switch in.

vs Gyarados: I'm pretty sure no Gyarados runs max HP and Def. Most are just offensive oriented. The two sets I've seen: RestTalk and Bulky Support are rare. Anyways, with rocks support, there's a chance to 2HKO Dos. Anyways, the two sets can't do much to Ferro either. Most Gyara that try to switch in usually goes for Taunt, at least I think so.

vs Scizor: Nothing to say there. It's a hard counter, but I'm pretty sure the Iron Barb damage might hurt.

vs Dragonite: Using your statistics, Ferrothorn can 2HKO after SR. If Dragonite doesn't carry Fire Punch then... The set is parashuffling right? Ain't got anything on Ferro.

vs Cress: Like what Sparkbeat said, ain't got anything on Ferro. Ferro still wins.

---

The bottomline is that, you aren't us CB Ferro correctly. It isn't supposed to be Terrakion, come in and proceed to beat everything. CB Ferro's main selling point is its large bulk, accompanied by its large array of resistances and unpredictableness. Also, Ferrothorn needs some team support to make use fully.

ASB Squad

Kingdra and Electrode are underrated.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast