Ubers is right about one thing: Swoobat doesn't have immediate power. Granted it has one flipping good ability in the form of Simple, which essentially turns its Calm Mind into a Nasty Plot/Amnesia combo, it needs a ridiculous amount of team support to give it the time and the opportunity to set up. After a Calm Mind, Swoobat has 506 Special Attack.
That's a lot of jack****, isn't it?
4 HP/252 Sp. Att./252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power Fire
Here are some calcs regarding the amount of damage it can put out:
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +2 Swoobat (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 252HP/0188SpDef Leftovers Ferrothorn (Neutral): 119% - 140% (420 - 496 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +2 Swoobat (Neutral) Hidden Power (Fire) vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Jirachi (+SpDef): 50% - 58% (202 - 238 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +2 Swoobat (Neutral) Air Slash vs 252HP/232SpDef Leftovers Celebi (+SpDef): 81% - 96% (330 - 390 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +2 Swoobat (Neutral) Stored Power vs 248HP/232SpDef Leftovers Levitate Rotom (+SpDef): 68% - 81% (208 - 247 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +4 Swoobat (Neutral) Stored Power vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Blissey (Neutral): 87% - 102% (624 - 735 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO. 18% chance to OHKO.
- 252SpAtk Life Orb +2 Swoobat (Neutral) Stored Power vs 252HP/224SpDef Leftovers Water Absorb Jellicent (+SpDef): 52% - 62% (214 - 253 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
As you can see, after a Calm Mind boost, Swoobat can 2HKO most of the the tier's most prevalent Special Walls bar Blissey (which is a OHKO after CMs with Hazards support). With that kind of power and a speed of 114, it can easily sweep teams with ease.
I'm not advocating building a team around Swoobat, because it is extremely outclassed as a Psychic-type sweeper. I'm just proving that Swoobat is certainly viable in OU with the right team support.
Although currently underused, I'm predicting that Cresselia may see a rise in usage due to the nerfs to Rain and Offense teams. Cresselia is a flipping good wall/pivot for offensive teams that can sit there and tank hits for days while still providing offensive pressure.
252 HP/196 Def/60 Sp. Att.
- Thunder Wave/Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam
Literally, this is the **** under the sun. Moonlight gives it strong recovery under sun (67% under sun iirc). Thunder Wave slows down C-Scarfers and Lunar Dance literally gives you an "extra sweeper", completely healing a weak sweeper to full health. The other two moves shuts down most of the Standard offense in OU. Psychic kills Fighting type such as Kelds or Teriyaki and Ice Beam kills Dargons such as Chomptons and Dragoknight.