Thread: Shipping Historical Figures

Default Shipping Historical Figures

What's your favourite historical shipping?

For me it's a choice between
    Henry VIII x Catherine Of Aragon - Catherine was such a strong woman who still reamined faithful even when The King od England wasn't.
    Henry VIII x Anne Boleyn - They tore England apart to be together and Anne ended up paying the ultimate price.
    Henry VIII x Jane Seymour - I think Henry really regretted the way he treated his last two wives and even though he was no better with Jane, Jane gave him the son he wanted and he was heartbroken when she died, and I think Jane was his last chance of redemption.

So those ships are influenced by my love for Tudor England.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Since I just wrote a paper that was partially on Cleopatra, I'd probably have to say I can get behind Cleopatra/Mark Antony to some degree. If I'm honest with myself, that's more about Cleopatra than it is Antony buuuut you can't beat the two of them for lavish drama. I've gotta actually get around to reading the Shakespeare play one of these days not to mention the Liz Taylor movie.

...I'm sure there are probably more that I'm neglecting to think of right now 'cause history is awesome, but that's what I've got off the top of my head.

It's creepy people ship real people, even if they're long dead and/or were married to each other. Though I had a friend who adored Napoleon Bonaparte and Joséphine, even though I hear the marriage wasn't too happy... I think she even liked George Washington and his wife Martha since she likes Washington, but I haven't seen her draw pictures of his wife unlike with Napoleon...

Though honestly, I found myself doting/crying over Walt Disney and his wife Lillian about a few weeks ago... yes, I know he's not that historic, but he counts!
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I've never really felt comfortable shipping real people together... It just seems creepy to me. Sure, the occasional Skrillex x Deadmau5 (skrillmau5) is okay sometimes, but it's still rather disturbing when you think about it.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

I have to agree to some extent with the above posts - it can be said that shipping real people might be a tad unusual, although I wouldn't use the word "creepy". Anyway, I am assuming the OP is refering more to the depictions in historical dramas, such as in a show like The Tudors.

As for the question, as I think off the top of my head, I find myself shipping the likes of Pocahontas and John Smith (from the Disney movie) and Queen Victoria and Prince Albert (from The Young Victoria). I second Skiyomi's choice as well. All of which are epic love stories in my opinon.
    Last edited by Meowth City; 2nd April 2013 at 7:17 PM.

♥ Giving away ORAS demo codes.
    PM me for one (Europe only) ♥