Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: You think NOA will axe or censor this game?

  1. #1

    Default You think NOA will axe or censor this game?

    I mean, after they removed the gender feature... It worries me. What if they cut out the violence? What if they change the story? What if they    Spoiler:- MASSIVE GAME ENDING:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,933

    Default

    It's possible the gender feature was cut solely for the demo, like how the avatar creation stuff was cut in the Fire Emblem demo.

    I also don't see how cutting something like the gender would lead one to the impression that they would censor, change and cut various things with the game like the story.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,571

    Default

    I think that's only for the customization for the demo
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    It's possible the gender feature was cut solely for the demo, like how the avatar creation stuff was cut in the Fire Emblem demo.

    I also don't see how cutting something like the gender would lead one to the impression that they would censor, change and cut various things with the game like the story.
    I agree with you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ohio... Lets not talk about it
    Posts
    111

    Default

    The thing though is will they give you the option to pick gender after you have already started in the demo?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VaironGod View Post
    The thing though is will they give you the option to pick gender after you have already started in the demo?
    That's what I've been wondering, especially seeing that the dialogue currently has referred to both the hero and partner as being male on occasion, as opposed to being ambiguous about it like in the previous games...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Cutting gender doesnt mean itll be censored lol stupid assumption from just that. And it was a demo

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cressy View Post
    Cutting gender doesnt mean itll be censored lol stupid assumption from just that. And it was a demo

    The demo however is the first 45 minutes of the FULL GAME, and it transfers your save to the full game as well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    The demo however is the first 45 minutes of the FULL GAME, and it transfers your save to the full game as well.
    1. This doesn't preclude them from cutting gender
    2. This STILL does not imply anything about censorship of the plot

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    1. This doesn't preclude them from cutting gender
    2. This STILL does not imply anything about censorship of the plot
    They could add genders right after the hazy pass, like how the option to name your partner didn't come until after the first dungeon.

    And I know they probably won't censor the plot, but you never know what could happen. Some other NOA releases got edited

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A garbage can near you!
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I sincerely hope not! Personally I didn't get that impression from the demo. I really hope the cutting of genders is temporary, as mentioned before your character and partner are mentioned as males, which puts me off. The plots in the MD games always seemed like a saving grace to those who found the other aspects clunky, a fact that I don't think developers would ignore.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    What if they    Spoiler:- MASSIVE GAME ENDING:
        Spoiler:- Obvious MASSIVE spoilers:
    Last edited by Rakurai; 28th March 2013 at 3:15 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •