Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drizzletoed and co.!

Yeah, and with Rotom -W I could have something to use Thunder. But that would put my team at 3 water types, depending on who I switched out to make room for it.
    im not sure about anything

Do Tornadus in BS carry Grass Knot?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

I'm not sure and I'm on mobile right now so I can't find it. Ctrl+f on this page please to find out http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketeli...ubwayData6.txt

Yes, it does, unfortunately. Thanks for the resource.

Don't worry, Grass Knot won't do much to your Water type Pokemon. I would change the item on Politoed to Specs so you can always OHKO Tornadus with Ice Beam.
    Last edited by azeem40; 15th March 2013 at 3:37 AM.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

That sounds like it could work, also leaving lefties to go to Volcarona if I felt like it. What about perish song though? Also, do you think I should have gotten a timid one and EVed it in speed and given it a scarf? Actually, I haven't EVed it so I could still train its speed, it just wouldn't be as fast as possible. What do you guys think? Lefties/Specs and HP or Scarf and Speed?

Yes, Scarf can work, as you can 2HKO Tornadus before it 2HKOes you with GK. Actually, the end result is the same with Specs and Scarf. Either way, you will be hit by a GK on Politoed.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Not just against Tornadus I mean, but in general? Only Latinos really has a very high speed on this team (besides kingdra in the rain) so I'm just wondering if that would be a good idea. For example, to get a KO on things like Terrakion before they can hit me because I have a feeling that most Terrakion could OHKO with Close Combat.

Psyshock should OHKO Terrakion after some prior damage.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

i would like to say that this team would be highly successful in VGC.
    all of these pokemon are great pokemon in VGC, and work well in VGC too. the only strange part of this team is the fact you have two bug pokemon. two dragons can often work though. it would work on custom EV"s. custom EV's meaning not a 252/252 spread (latios is best with that though, and sometimes is kingdra). they are meant to live certain moves like timid latios dragon gem draco meteor! my politoed has 252 hp/100 defense/72 sp attack/ 76 sp defense/ 8 speed.
    in VGC, this outspeeds 4 speed hitmontop (very common), can live hitmontop's fighting gem close combat even if it has max attack, latios timid 252 sp attack draco meteor w/ dragon gem. it only misses out on living electric gem boosted thunderbolts and thunders. this can be solved with a wacan berry if you want one. but a water gem hydro pump in the rain kills so much of the metagame. i did notice you were interested in VGC battling. so these are some tips to make a team. if you like to learn more, or ask how to make custom spread just send me a PM/VM

hurricane is good but why are you using fire blast in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by happyhappy View Post
    hurricane is good but why are you using fire blast in the rain
    This was already mentioned in his initial post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    Fire Blast for things that are hit 4x and if the rain is gone.
    After a Quiver Dance, Fire Blast is a guaranteed 1HKO on max HP/Special Defense Ferrothorn even if it's raining. And it goes without saying that if it kills Ferrothorn, every other Pokemon who's 4x weak to fire (Scizor, Durant, Escavlier, Abomasnow, etc.) will be obliterated. Not to mention you have to be prepared to handle threats even if your preferred weather isn't in place; you can't always bank on your rain being up.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 24th March 2013 at 4:08 PM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

^Yeah pretty much exactly what Draco said. I am using Flamethrower right now and its working fine too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12