Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    I'm backing Daenerys and I hope that she eventually wins the throne back. !\
    This ^^

I hope when the books end that Daenerys gets her throne back. I don't think she will be a bad ruler. I don't know for sure though, because like I stated earlier, I have only watch the tv series. I don't know how her character is written in the books. I also really like the Starks and I hope none of them get killed. But I don't think the Starks are after the crown. I think they just want to keep their "land in the North", and go back to their peaceful way of living.
    Pokémon Y Friend Code: 4441-9508-9799
    In-game name: Daniel

I have an Electric Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, and Luxio.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLapras View Post
    This ^^

I hope when the books end that Daenerys gets her throne back. I don't think she will be a bad ruler. I don't know for sure though, because like I stated earlier, I have only watch the tv series. I don't know how her character is written in the books. I also really like the Starks and I hope none of them get killed. But I don't think the Starks are after the crown. I think they just want to keep their "land in the North", and go back to their peaceful way of living.
    Well I'm only up to book two at the moment but she shows way more leadership potential than any of the others who want the throne. Most of the others like the Lanisters, Roberts brothers etc only want the throne for themselves, whilst Danny wants to prove her worth and actually shows that she cares about her people. From what I've read, she even takes time to learn how to be a good leader and listens to the people around her.

The Starks, with the exception of Robb, weren't after the throne. Instead they got sucked into the politics surrounding the throne from Ned's friendship with Robert.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 17th March 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    I have not read the books, but I intend to this as soon as possible.

Looking forward to the new season. I'm really looking forward to Arya's & Jaime's story-arcs this season. Jaime was only present in four episodes last season, but it looks like he will have a bigger role this season. Going back to King's Landing and Brienne tagging along. He is going to have his hands full this season.
    Nearly everybody I have talked to who has read the books says Jaime became their favorite character (same for me) after reading book 3.

He's got some good stuff coming
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Well I'm only up to book two at the moment but she shows way more leadership potential than any of the others who want the throne. Most of the others like the Lanisters, Roberts brothers etc only want the throne for themselves, whilst Danny wants to prove her worth and actually shows that she cares about her people. From what I've read, she even takes time to learn how to be a good leader and listens to the people around her.

The Starks, with the exception of Robb, weren't after the throne. Instead they got sucked into the politics surrounding the throne from Ned's friendship with Robert.
    Stannis     Spoiler:- book spoilers:

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

I'm so happy that a tv channel in my country decided to start running the second season. I've only watched the first when it aired here some time ago. It's really good, even tho I want to read the books too...

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

I went to the bookstore yesterday to pick up a copy of A Dance With Dragons, but apparently the paperback won't be out till October or so. Maybe that will be enough time to finish the first 4 books then re-read them.

Also, I can't help feeling that many of the lords have rather petty complaints. Kinda comes across as being butthurt.

Example of this:

Spoiler:- spoiler:

Honestly, I facepalmed at this.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I thought that series 2 was a major major disappointment following the very good adaptation of season 1. Among the most annoying aspects of the show in s.2 were the whitewashing of Tyrion, the dumbification (sic) of Baelish, Jon Snow, Qhorin, Robb, Catelyn (especially Catelyn) and the prominence of irrelevant characters such as Talisa (urgh) and Ros.

That said, I am very confident that season 3 will be very good. They're taking on far less material (page wise) than season 2, and the introduction of the Reeds has quelled many of my fears about the Bran storyline. It's probably the best source material as well.

I'm a much bigger fan of the books though. I am generally a Stark man, but my favourite character is without a shadow of a doubt Petyr Baelish. He is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorunt conservationist View Post
    I thought that series 2 was a major major disappointment following the very good adaptation of season 1. Among the most annoying aspects of the show in s.2 were the whitewashing of Tyrion, the dumbification (sic) of Baelish, Jon Snow, Qhorin, Robb, Catelyn (especially Catelyn) and the prominence of irrelevant characters such as Talisa (urgh) and Ros.

That said, I am very confident that season 3 will be very good. They're taking on far less material (page wise) than season 2, and the introduction of the Reeds has quelled many of my fears about the Bran storyline. It's probably the best source material as well.

I'm a much bigger fan of the books though. I am generally a Stark man, but my favourite character is without a shadow of a doubt Petyr Baelish. He is amazing.
    Season 2 disappointed me after I read the books. I thought it was amazing before reading the books. But a disappointing season 2 is still way better than most television shows out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Season 2 disappointed me after I read the books. I thought it was amazing before reading the books. But a disappointing season 2 is still way better than most television shows out there right now.
    I watched the episode where Mellisandre gave birth the other night and all I could think of was that this is quite possibly the weirdest show on TV right now.

Other than that, I thought season two was quite good -it's introduced some good characters like Asha. I like her attitude... Cersei has her moments where she actually seems like a "normal" person, in fact one of the things that I like about the books/show is that none of the characters are entirely good or evil. George R.R. Martin does a fantastic job at creating characters which are more believable than most fantasy works out there and season 2 in particular showed this.

The absolute greatest thing happened in the chapter I read last night. Tyrion slapped Jeoffery. I read that bit over several times with satisfaction.

I saw the scene with the white walkers at the end of the last episode for season two and I was like wow... I really have to finish this book series! (Even though I already know most of the major plot points thanks to google, lol.)

That said, someone mentioned that season three focusses on the second half of book two or something?

4 days it's almost here.

Non-readers, prepare your bodies, it's going to be a wild ride.

^And no season 3 focuses on the first 2/3rds or so of book 3.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 28th March 2013 at 2:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    The absolute greatest thing happened in the chapter I read last night. Tyrion slapped Jeoffery. I read that bit over several times with satisfaction.

If anyone hasn't watched School of Thrones yet, I weep for you. I really do.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Just started book 3. The prologue, and already some random character is planning revenge for a blow to his pride. I can't help be feel that there is a lot of butthurt where pride is concerned among a lot of characters.

Season 3 will probably be one of the most remembered seasons for being a shitstorm, but I'm more excited for Season 4. Some of the best moments in the series happened at the end of A Storm of Swords, including the breathtaking Snow Castle scene.

Nearly everybody I have talked to who has read the books says Jaime became their favorite character (same for me) after reading book 3.

He's got some good stuff coming
        Spoiler:- Seriously, this is a fairly big spoiler:

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
        Spoiler:- Seriously, this is a fairly big spoiler:

woot21 out dawgs
        Spoiler:- spoiler:

The premiere felt kinda rushed and that's only including like half of the arcs.

The premiere felt kinda rushed and that's only including like half of the arcs.
    They said they cut some because it started getting too confusing, and broke flow. I feel they should have explained that Dany could understand the slaver, since he was speaking High Valyrian. Also, did not like Semly revealing himself right away. Would have preferred Astan Whitebeard appearing.     Spoiler:- Spoiler:

woot21 out dawgs

The premiere was good. Not great, but good. The scenes at King's Landing were the best ones. I do think this episode was too "broken up". It didn't have a good flow and it didn't properly set-up the story-arcs for the season. It didn't feel like a season premiere and it did feel rushed.

The conversation between Tyrion & Cersei/Tywin were pretty good.

The ones I didn't like were the scenes with Jon Snow. I find the story "Beyond the wall" to be the most uninteresting. I hope it gets better as the season progress.

I've read up until most of A Feast For Crows (still have around 100 pages left), and there's a question that I'm trying to get a definitive answer on - if I want to get an entirely spoiler-free experience when reading the books, should I wait until I finish A Dance With Dragons before starting to watch the TV show? I know that the show follows the books, with Season 1 following book 1, Season 2 following book 2 and Season 3 following the first half of book 3. But a friend who's read the books and then saw the show told me that there are small details from later books that are given away in the show. Is that statement true, or can I safely watch the show without getting spoiled of anything that happens in ADWD?
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Conversation View Post
    I've read up until most of A Feast For Crows (still have around 100 pages left), and there's a question that I'm trying to get a definitive answer on - if I want to get an entirely spoiler-free experience when reading the books, should I wait until I finish A Dance With Dragons before starting to watch the TV show? I know that the show follows the books, with Season 1 following book 1, Season 2 following book 2 and Season 3 following the first half of book 3. But a friend who's read the books and then saw the show told me that there are small details from later books that are given away in the show. Is that statement true, or can I safely watch the show without getting spoiled of anything that happens in ADWD?
    Sadly, I've only read the first two books. I am honestly obsessed with the series even though I've only read the first two books.
    Anyway, I watched the first episode for season 3. I found it was kinda lacking. But, whatever.
    I hope to read books 3-5 soon, and then get 6 and 7 as soon as they come out.

By the way, you people are like the most awesome group of people on Serebii just for knowing of the series. When I say something about GoT and my friends-save for one awesome dude-know nothing of what I'm talking about, it makes me wanna strangle them.

add my 3ds fc maybe
    3DS FC: 0490-5626-2642

Next episode looks like it's going to be really good. Especially if it ends how I'm expecting it too (from the books).

Spoiler:

add my 3ds fc maybe
    3DS FC: 0490-5626-2642

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf Claw View Post
    By the way, you people are like the most awesome group of people on Serebii just for knowing of the series. When I say something about GoT and my friends-save for one awesome dude-know nothing of what I'm talking about, it makes me wanna strangle them.
    Really? There are quite a few people in my group of friends who have either read the series, watched the show or both. And even outside of my friend group I hear Game of Thrones being discussed all the time. It's insanely popular at my school.

Also, for people who are posting spoilers, if you don't mind, title the spoiler tag when you post one. I'm always scared to read the spoilers because I'm not fully done the books, but I'm done enough of it that I can read most spoilers if I know they're pre-ADWD.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast