View Poll Results: Best game in the series?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Age Of Empires

0 0%
  • Age Of Empires II

1 20.00%
  • Age Of Empires III

2 40.00%
  • Age Of Empires Online

0 0%
  • Age Of Empires II: HD Edition

0 0%
  • Any others (DS, Mythology etc.)

0 0%
  • All of them!

1 20.00%
  • Neither! They all suck!

1 20.00%

Thread: The Age Of Empires Thread

Hybrid View

Default The Age Of Empires Thread

The Age Of Empires series remains one of the best-known game franchises to this date. It was highly influential on other games of its genre, the real-time strategy genre, especially the second installment, Age Of Empires II:The Age Of Kings. The main company behind it, Ensemble Studios however closed down, and the series seemed to be finished too. However, the series recently has had a revival through the Age Of Empires II HD Edition which released on April 9. Discuss the Age Of Empires series here!
    Last edited by RzK; 9th April 2013 at 12:07 PM.

This was one of my favorite PC games! I've only played the second and third installments. I'll consider buying the HD edition when it comes out on Steam.

I too have played only 2 and 3. The updated HD graphics look great, don't they? Any hopes for AoE4?

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    I too have played only 2 and 3. The updated HD graphics look great, don't they? Any hopes for AoE4?
    Unlikely, as Microsoft closed down Ensemble Studios after Halo Wars. Perhaps if the HD re-release is well recieved, Microsoft may bring a team together. It would be interesting to see what a new team would do with the franchise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

... Yay! I still play the seocnd regularly, and ai thunk I have the first and third hidden somewhere too...

I might buy the HD version thugh, I guess.

What are your opinions of the last game in the series, Age Of Empires Online?

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

I've played age of empires 2 and the expansion and its the game that got me into real-time strategy and strategy gaming in general, as well as ignited my interest in History, especially the medieval period. Also its one of my favourite games of all time

Still got Age of Empires 3 on my Mac, which i play every now and then. While I like the home city and its graphics are way better then Age of Empires 2, it never really had the same feel and theme of Age of Empires 2. Unfortunately I've lost the disc, but when I get my new Laptop and the HD edition comes out, I am getting it as soon as possible.
    Charizard

Enought Said

oh my god this is the most timely thread

does anyone play aoe3 multiplayer? i'm p ****in beastly at this game

Quote Originally Posted by Cometk View Post

does anyone play aoe3 multiplayer? i'm p ****in beastly at this game
    I've never played the multiplayer, but if i get the steam version of Age of Empires 3 I'll definitely give it a shot
    Charizard

Enought Said

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardfan900 View Post
    I've never played the multiplayer, but if i get the steam version of Age of Empires 3 I'll definitely give it a shot
    it's definitely a worthy competitive multiplayer game. hours of fun. i especially love the treaty gamemode they put in

Truly hours of fun. i never get tired of it. Anyone still play AoE2 multiplayer? Its great that the series is being revived.

I have claimed the Pigs!

AOE 3 is garbage.

I am very excited for the AoE2 re-release though, will definitely get that!

Different opinions for different people. I feel AoE3's feel is quite different from AoE2, at least I myself play them both in a different way. And I think you all must hate Age Of Empires Online...right?

I have claimed the Pigs!

I absolutely loved the first two Age of Empires games. Heck, the second one is still among my favorite games of all time. AoE3 was alright in its own regard, although I couldn't really get into it. AoEO honestly flat-out disappointed me. :/

I occasionally play AoE2 with a couple friends via Hamachi; 4v4s are so fun and hectic. We haven't been able to play multiplayer as much recently, but we plan on trying Forgotten Empires next time we're all available.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

Well, so has anybody got AoE 2 HD?
    Share your experiences here!

I have claimed the Pigs!