Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Type Fan Club

Create a Move...?

Shine Shot
    PP: 5/Power: 10/ Accuracy: -(always hits)/Category: Special/Target: (choose, any target on field)
    Flavor Text: The use shoots a weak, albeit blinding ball of electricity at the Target. Causes the Target's moves to fail completely for three turns.
    creator's notes Really, for Double Battles to incapacitate a threat and then immediately lock it in with Mean Look to prevent damage. Still useless against Ground Types though.
    Distribution: Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Lumineon (anything else hat emits a lot of light?) (can be given to Pikachu, Bronzor (yeah...), Munna, Whismur, Carvanha through Breeding)

I was away too long. How many moves can we send in?

So... Event Pichus/Pikachus?
    I think they're unnecessary. Sure, they're cute and all but.. does anyone ever actually use them?

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    So... Event Pichus/Pikachus?
    I think they're unnecessary. Sure, they're cute and all but.. does anyone ever actually use them?
    I use them. As WiFi Trade Bait. For some reason poeple on GTS Negotiations really want that stuff and are willing to trade Jirachi, Deoxys and Melloetta like crazy. :P it's insane.

Extremespeed? Anyways, Pikachu is pretty bad competitively speaking. Even with whatever gimmicks/moves you slap on it, its stats just fall short of expectation. It's just wayyyyy to frail. It could possibly increase Pikachu's usage, but eh, going OU or even RU is a bit farfetch'd. Gamefreak already sort of stretched it with all the promotions it gave Pikachu. I mean, that's fine, considering how Pikachu is the mascot, but yeah, I'd prefer Pikachu + Fusion Bolt or something. Victini got it, so why can't Pika?
    Well, according to the Smogon's analysis, Pikachu with a light ball has offensive Stats akin to those of Rayquaza. Don't know if he's exaggerating, but Pikachu could still be an effective Revenge Killer with Fake Out and Extremespeed. Volt Tackle packs quite a punch too.

Looking at NU's top threats, Pikachu with Volt Tackle and Extremespeed could probably take out most of them. I don't see why it couldn't go to RU, if it indeed does have Rayquaza-like stats.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Well, according to the Smogon's analysis, Pikachu with a light ball has offensive Stats akin to those of Rayquaza. Don't know if he's exaggerating, but Pikachu could still be an effective Revenge Killer with Fake Out and Extremespeed. Volt Tackle packs quite a punch too.

Looking at NU's top threats, Pikachu with Volt Tackle and Extremespeed could probably take out most of them. I don't see why it couldn't go to RU, if it indeed does have Rayquaza-like stats.
    Its Smogon its been exaggerated.
    I agree that Pikachu should get a move from a different pokemon so we get Bolt strike Pikachu or Fusion bolt Pikachu
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Since the club's been pretty inactive, I'll start a new topic.

What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

Title says it all. Pikachu can Fly, surf and now even move at lightning-fast speeds!(pun intended). Does Pikachu really deserve all the attention Gamefreak's giving it?

Personally I think Gamefreak ought to give better promotions. Pikachu is still not very usable even after all the add-ons it's got. Maybe Gamefreak should make extremespeed an egg move so that you can use it with Volt-tackle. Then it would be pretty good.
    Well, I'm not too bothered about events since I'm not good with that wifi stuff and I usually can't get an event Pokemon without an AR. Plus, Pikachu is one of my least favorite Pokemon of all time, not stat wise or design wise... I just hate it.

Nobody ever really uses Pikachu anymore anyway. Though according to the UK's Pokemon World magazine of September (I think) 2009, Pikachu is the second most popular Pokemon, after Arceus.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/otn79k.png[/IMG]

Username:Shayminlover123
    Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
    Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
    Who am I?
    :Pikachu.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD

Credits Avenger Angel for banner

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyy View Post

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD
    You can't always get Raichu right away since if you evolve Pikachu too quickly it doesn't learn some attacks.
    And there are too many Pikachu promotions there should be more Magikarp that have water gun or Zekrom with Volt tackle

Not really. It's just wayyyy too frail. It's not like you can spam Fake Out anyways. Pikachu's main downfall is its crap bulk. 35/30/40 is terrible, and 90 base speed is far from the best attack stats. As for Extremespeed, it's illegal with Lightningrod. Also, Volt Tackle is kind of horrible for Pikachu, since it'll just kill itself faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Username:Shayminlover123
    Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
    Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
    Who am I?
    :Pikachu.
    Accepted!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Create a Move...?

Shine Shot
    PP: 5/Power: 10/ Accuracy: -(always hits)/Category: Special/Target: (choose, any target on field)
    Flavor Text: The use shoots a weak, albeit blinding ball of electricity at the Target. Causes the Target's moves to fail completely for three turns.
    creator's notes Really, for Double Battles to incapacitate a threat and then immediately lock it in with Mean Look to prevent damage. Still useless against Ground Types though.
    Distribution: Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Lumineon (anything else hat emits a lot of light?) (can be given to Pikachu, Bronzor (yeah...), Munna, Whismur, Carvanha through Breeding)

I was away too long. How many moves can we send in?
    One only. And wow, I've lost count. Anyways, I'm going to set the submission deadline to 7th April. So shoot in any moves you'd like for people that didn't make one yet!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

What is your favourite electric type move?

Thunder, because the animations of this move are usually cool.

I like Zap Cannon and Magnet Rise as well.

Thunderbolt for its reliability, but other than that, I really like how Charge Beam just makes your pokemon moer and more dangerous

"With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all, That is your fate!"

Volt Switch for obvious reasons
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

When are we starting the club tournament?
    I do believe we have at least enough people for it.

Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here.

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
    - What is your favourite electric type move?
    - What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
    - Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
    - Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
    - First impression on electric-type pokemon?

@Fluffy: You are right, you're not a forum or a club MOD, so don't act like one. By the way, my previous post had three lines and a picture, it was more than enough.

@Topics:

Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?

All-out Attack.

Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?

- Flaaffy/Eelektross
    - Manectric
    - Luxray
    - Galvantula
    - Raichu
    - Zapdos

First impression on electric-type pokemon?

My first impression with a Electric-type Pokémon, Pikachu, wasn't that great :/ I started to truly like the type some months ago, although I like Raichu since the 90's.

What's your battle strategy while using electric type pokemon?

It varies according to the pokemon I use, though it's usually hit hard, hit fast. Which is why volt switch +choice scarf/ specs is so good.

Electric types you would use if you were region champion

Thundurus-T (though it's a legendary), Rotom-W, Eelektross, Magnezone, Jolteon, Luxray.

Electric types you would use if you were region champion
    I think I'd use Emolga, Luxray, Electivire, Rotom-G, Rotom-H, and Magnezone. Horrible team I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Volt Switch for obvious reasons
    I'm late on this one. Please expand on your reason. One-liners are bad, but this is unacceptable. First off, I'm sure us or anyone here are mind-readers. So please expand on your 'obvious reasons'. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    When are we starting the club tournament?
    I do believe we have at least enough people for it.
    I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyy View Post
    Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here.

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
    - What is your favourite electric type move?
    - What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
    - Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
    - Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
    - First impression on electric-type pokemon?
    Thanks Fluffy. Although I'd very much like to say that people shouldn't minimod, there aren't many mods in this club. Only me and dirkac. Dirkac rarely posts so I'll have to confer with him. I'm a bit busy. I'll admit that it's my fault for not pointing out the one-liners.

Also, guys, I've been letting one-liners go because the club is still in its infant stage. However, I'll be stricter now. I don't need huge blocks of text like the Fan Fiction Club, but you could at least explain a bit. Refer to below for what IS and what IS NOT a one-liner.

Spoiler:- Open:

Anyways, let's go back to the topics. Btw guys, please avoid making lists. I'll let it slide pass this one time.

It's usually a fast, speedy attacker. Electric types are definitely not known for their bulks, and most are better off with high speed sweeping anyways. VoltTurn is also a pretty nice strategy that capitals the 'fast, speedy' attacker status electric type holds.

Lanturn: After all, it's my signature Pokemon!
    Rotom-Mow: Rotom-Mow has a really nifty ground immunity, and goes well along with Lanturn.
    Ampharos: Ampharos is going to be the bulky pivot for this team. It's arguably one of the bulkiest electric Pokemon and can tank/support while dishing out good damage.
    Magnezone: I love Magnezone, too. It also comes in handy to trap steels.
    Jolteon: My speedy attacker here. It can just Volt Switch out or beat everything in its path!
    Galvantula: Ugh, terrifying. It's a really good Pokemon. Compoundeyes + Thunder = 91% accuracy with a 30% chance to paralyse. *screams*

ASB Squad

My battle strategy with electric types: I make use of paralysis with thunder wave and If need be I use a volt switch or Volt tackle.

Electric types I would use as a regional Champion:

Electivire: A mix attacker that can deal with those Gliscor
    Emolga: Acrobatics all I need to say
    Pikachu/Raichu: F.E.A.R me
    Lanturn: Surf and Thunder
    Magnezone: Trap those Steel types and spam an attack
    Luxray: Wild charge and fire fang

My first impression on electric types: They were quite useful handy for those water type gyms and Gyarados
    Electross: Immune to gorund attacks with Levitate and can use Dragon claw

I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3
    We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.

Anywho, getting back to the discussion..

I usually start off with trying to paralyse them with Thunderwave or however and count on luck to prevent them from hitting me so I can spam some moves on them. If all else fails, I'll just use speed to save me, ikr.. crappy strategy.

Luxray, Ampharos, Raichu, Jolteon, Lanturn and Magenezone.. seems legit xD

We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.
    Oh, haha. Silly leader. :P

I'm going to change the deadline for move submission to this Thursday, then I can get the Tournament ball kicking on Friday signup.

So anyways, I'm going to be sending a VM to those who has yet to submit a move. Here are all the moves as of now.

OceanicLanturn - Neon Shock
    Fluffyy - Bolt Rush
    Greatemboar - Dos Bolt
    T-Bolt - Overload
    Poke's4Ever - Pristine Beam
    marioluigifan05 - Super Charge
    dirkac- Shine Shock

That's 7/19. I'm going to PM those that has yet to make a move yet. Bleh, coming your way is Lanturn sending a threatening PM.

ASB Squad

Here it is.
    Lightning Strike [ELECTRIC]
    PP:5 / Power: 170 / Accuracy:75/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
    Flavour Text: A flash of lightning from the sky electrocutes the opponent. It has a 5% chance to OHKO the opponent.
    Distribution: Jolteon, Luxray, Raichu, Thundurus, Zapdos, Zekrom, Raikou, Electivire, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Metagross.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    I think Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa. Hoopa is more like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything

Here it is.
    Shock pulse [ELECTRIC]
    PP:5 / Power: 90 / Accuracy:100/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
    Flavour Text: A powerful pulse of electricity is fired at the foe. it has a 10% chance to paralyse the opponent.
    Distribution: all fully evolved electric type pokemon and Registeel, metagross, bronzong, klinklang and Genesect.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast