Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How were you introduced to pokemon?

Default How were you introduced to pokemon?

Simple as the title states, how we're you introduced or how did you find it.

I played it on GBC when it first came out with Blue and Green. Ah the memories of squirtle.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

It was through my cousins. I think my first episode of Pokemon was "Ash Catches a Pokemon" and the battle between Ash and Team Rocket made me love the franchise. Just because Koffing used Sludge on Pikachu's face.

My babysitter when I was 5 showed my brother and I an episode of the anime (The Problem with Paras) and his Pokemon cards. After that, he brought over his Red version, which made my brother and I want it.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

My brother and my dad loved it. I was 4 at the time. They showed me an episode of the anime. (I think the episode from Kanto when Ash met that guy who overworked his Pokemon and one of them was a Sandshrew I believe...)
    Then my dad bought me a Gameboy Advanced and Pokemon Firered version and I became obsessed with it.

I got a video cassette (I think it was the one about the island of giant Pokemon) from my library and fell in love with the entire franchise.
    Last edited by diakyu; 13th March 2013 at 3:15 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

a couple weeks after silver came out, i got it at gamestop. then after i played that for a couple weeks, loved it, and got red too. and this was when i was quite young.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

My older brother had Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon Crystal. I played Pokemon Stadium 2 and enjoyed looking at all the Pokemon and being able to use almost every Pokemon. I also played Pokemon Crystal beating up wild Pokemon with my brother's Kadabra. I've spent many days trying out Pokemon in Stadium 2 in free battles and beating up wild Pokemon and trainers my brother forgot to fight in Crystal. I decided to eventually get a Pokemon game myself, Pokemon Diamond. I played that game and made my very first Pokemon team.

It is pretty funny as around the time I came from Michigan to Ohio was probably the same month when Pokemon was getting really big. I saw the first episode of Pokemon the first time it was aired. My friends and I became hooked then on, although I didn't get my first game until when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out. I played with the cards and religiously watched the anime till I actually got a game.

Well.... I grew up with everyone around me holding up their leafgreens and gameboy advances..
    I was so jelly >w<
    My first pokemon was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon explorers of time, and the rest is history
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

When I was five I got a GBC and both Red an Blue I played the crap out of them, an I've been playing the games ever since.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Nintendo Power, of course. Actually now that I think about it, Nintendo Power also sent out a VHS type to drum up the hype for Pokemon, before the anime ever came out. It was how I first heard of Pokemon Red and Blue, and... I ended up getting both. From there, the rest was history. Amazing how far the games have come since then.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I just started watching the anime as a kid. For my birthday, I received a copy of Red Version but I didn't really like it (it was slow and frustrating), so I continued to focus primarily on the anime until GSC came out, at which point I became enamored with those games and they overtook my interest.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I was introduced to Pokemon by a game we're not allowed to discuss on here. That's all I'm gonna say.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I got a pack of pokemon cards for my birthday and at that time I owned a Gameboy color. With my birthday money I went to the computer store and bought myself a Pokemon Blue version which I played constantly because at the time EVERYONE had a GB color and blue or red and were trading and such. I remember being the first in my class to get pokemon yellow and everyone was super jealous.
    Soul Silver Team:

Diamond Team: (General storage game)

White Team:

White 2 Team:

Heart Gold Team: Not decided, will be a shiny hunting team.

Shinies:

Some kids at school had it and I fell in love with the way Pokemon looked (specifically the Charmander line). Then I found out about other pokemon and my mom got me Pokemon Red for Christmas. I have played every installment since.
    Last edited by Raiin; 13th March 2013 at 3:47 AM. Reason: I type looked twice

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

I remember that my old neighbor gave my sister and I a bunch of books right before Diamond and Pearl was released to the states. Two of those books happened to be based on the anime. I believe one was based off of Island of the Giant Pokemon and another something about a haunted tower I think. However, I loaned these to a friend and haven't seen them since. Then I started seeing the commercials for Diamond on tv and got it on Christmas.
    I'll put something here...eventually

My older brother introduced me to it. He let me play his copy of Pokemon Red and I liked it however my love for Pokemon really didn't start until I got my copy of Pokemon Sapphire.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

my older siblings used to collect the cards which fascinated me, but in the end it was my sister's copy of Pokemon Diamond that got me hooked. I still have no idea how to play the TCG though..

I found a Gameboy in the back of my Grandma's truck. It had Pokemon Crystal in it. The rest is history.

The other half got a Gameboy and a used Pokemon Ruby Red for my (then) 4 year old daughter. She couldn't read yet, so I had to read for her.... and then I got Sapphire Blue lol

My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

13 years ago when i was six, my older cousin was playing pokemon on his gbc. I cant remember which though. I didnt actually get into it till 3 years later when i got a gba. After that, i played Crystal like crazy. Also my step bro played the card game
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

When I saw they first pokemon commercials and the tv show commercial's when I was watching sailor moon on ytv at the time (I liked that show alot better then pokemon, but the card game sucked), so since the beginning.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Was introduced through Kids WB as far as I know. Mom says that it's because the other kids were getting into it, but I've been watching Kids WB for a good few years prior, so obviously I would've seen something advertising Pokémon, and I was able to see the first episode. I don't know if I got hooked on it right then and there, though. I just know that I loved it, and I've been with Pokémon since.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

My first Teddy was a Blastoise, given from my Dad's friend. And since then, I've been hooked. Blastoise is still and will always be my technical First Pokemon, but it'll never become Fennekin!

I was introduced to the anime and became hooked from that day onwards. I have had a few hiatuses in recent years though going back and forth playing catch-up but I still love it regardless.
    [IMG]http://oi44.*******.com/2r2chw2.jpg[/IMG]

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast