Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How were you introduced to pokemon?

My cousin had a poster with the original 150 pokemon on it, I remember spending a couple of weeks at her house and the poster was hanging on the ceiling above me. I asked her about it and she said it was pokemon and that she had a pokemon game called yellow but that it was the most boring game she had ever played. I think i gave her something like Ł4 for yellow version and the poster and i instantly feel in love with the game, trying to capture all the cool little characters from the poster. The reason she never found the game any good is because she never copped on to the "save" mechanic. Haha, did she miss out
    Objectives:
    1) Fill a box with shiny pokemon! (before X)
    2) Breed quality competitive battlers!
    3) befriend someone with a ditto safari!
    Drop me a PM if you want to help me! We'll sort a trade out

Pretty much the Animes' premiere... and maybe my cousin having the games XP from then on we were Pokefans >:3
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I bought a bunch of 1st generation cards and anime video tapes at my grandma's neighbors' yard sale when I was five or so. A couple of years later, I got Pokemon XD, and then moved on to the Gameboy Advance games, and so on and so forth.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

I had seen the show on TV once and it intrigued me, and my friend had a copy of Crystal and I had my beloved GBC that I would play Mario, DK, and Pacman on. I played through it, loved it, and once I got my GBA a while later I bought Emerald, which is still one of my favorites.

well, i just love animal! and i happened to be at a friend who had the german tv channel RTL2, and there i saw an episode, from what i recall it was johto! i immediately fell in love with it! afterwards they started to air first season on another channel, dubbed in my language! i went ballistic. i only got into games few years after that with firered leafgreen. i still follow whats going on with the anime and i dont play the games that much

My friend introduced it to me

Oh man, it's crazy to think how much I remember about my first exposure to the series considering how long it's been. We had just moved back to the US after spending some time in Europe and my parents brought me to ToysRUs to pick up some new toys. I saw the transparent purple GameBoy Color and this box with a giant red dragon looking thing on it. I knew immediately that's all I wanted from the store. Little did I know how huge Pokemon was once at the time. Once I started school it's all anyone could talk about. Kids were bringing their systems with them to trade and battle, Saturday's were spent watching the show on TV, play the TCG with my neighbors. Those were the good times, right?

A friend of mine who lives across the street gave me his 1st edition Koffing card.
    Under Construction

I either rented Pokemon: The First Movie from the library, or I bought Pokemon LeafGreen. To this day, it remains a mystery to me :/
    I can smell u

Super Smash Bros. Melee was the reason I started playing Pokemon. I was really good with Pikachu and Mewtwo.

When I was a little kid, my cousins had a copy of Red and an old GBC, so I went over to their house a bunch to steal borrow it from them.

Not sure which came into my life first, the games, the anime or the cards. But either way everyone in my school was doing it and I'm a slave to trends.

This trend just stuck around for 14 years.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

I'm not sure where I pick up pokemon, but I do remember when I got straight A's on a report card around when yellow came out, my folks bought it for me b\c of my grades. Then my cousins gave me blue\red. From then on i've been hooked.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

My first ever contact with Pokemon was when I was 5 and my grandma bought me a GameBoy Color. I can't really remember if it came with Crystal Version or if she just bought it but either way Crystal was my very first GBC game. I had no clue what I was doing and my dad ended up playing it most of the time but I played enough to get hooked.

GodDamnZilla

pokemon p0rn

I saw commercial and I was interested. I remember visiting a science center in my city, where it had THE INTERNET! (back then it was a big deal) where I learnt more.

Eventually I saw the game cuz a friend owned it.

Then my parents bought a cheese string thing for my lunch (these were also cool back then) which came with a cheap cardboard pokemon card. I got charmeleon (guess thats my official first starter lol).

Eventually, around March 21 1999 I got pokemon Red Version I wanted blue, but my friend wanted red so I got that instead (don't ask my logic, I was a kid). He ended up getting blue the next week, but I saw his parents buy him blue the day I got Red (after I chose it). Weird fate?

my big cousin lent me his laptop, with windows 97 OS,

then i discovered gameboy emulator (not vba yet) installed on it.

that was year 2000 i think, the pc was struggling to play Pokemon Red classic and yet i still played it.

i always smile when i remember it

Every time you throw a Pokeball comes great responsibility

My best friend let me borrow his Blue Version when I was about 7. I played it through, killed every pokemon (wild and trainer) that I encountered with my Squirtle line, and had a level 88 Blastoise upon arrival at the Pokemon League. He then said he had two blue versions, let me keep it, and then proceeded to give me a Machoke, Magmar, and Slowbro pokemon cards. That was 16 years ago, and I still remember those first three cards and that very first runthrough.

Saw it in a Nintendo Power magazine.

My older brother picked it up first. I followed suit about a day later.

It's all a blur, but I'm pretty sure the anime was the first thing I saw of Pokémon. I don't remember how I found out about the games.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

I saw the cartoon on TV way back when (and now I have the first season on my computer >.>). As for my first game... I was looking for a new game to play on my DS, saw Diamond at the used game store, and figured, meh, why not. I will admit that it sat in a drawer for two years before I actually started playing... Started it on December 1st, 2012, and haven't really stopped since.

Now I also own Platinum, LeafGreen, and Emerald, and I think I own Pearl now... My sister didn't want it

I remember an advert coming on Cartoon Network when Advanced Battle was coming out and it was something like 'Pokémon Versus Batman'. I saw the Pokémon part of the advert, and I thought "Wow, little monsters beating the crap out of each other... That's AMAZING!" and watched Advanced Battle the day it came on. Loved it and I started watching all of the other series on Toonami (Back when that as still a channel).

Bought tonnes of cards, toys, games and the Pokémon World magazine.
        Spoiler:- My best teams:

I lived in Guam when Pokemon was released in Japan and not heard of in the states. My mom decided to purchase two Gameboy and Red + Yellow for my brothers (I was quite young back then so I didn't know about most technology) and both were hooked on the spot. Eventually we bought these limited edition gold encrusted Pokemon cards (2 to be exact featuring Mew and Mewtwo) and another one which has yet to have the box opened, making it a valuable item.

It was one of the first games I Received when i first got a Gameboy advance, in maybe 2003? I remember the first time I got it so well, I remember when I would close the gameboy while it was charging, and didn't realize it was still on.
    Signiture Underconstruction

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast