Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How were you introduced to pokemon?

I first saw the anime and it got me hooked. After that I bought Pokemon Red and I've loved the games ever since.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Nice, Squirtle was a boss. Too bad Gary had it while I was playing lol, didn't make me feel like the main character as much lol.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

I first saw the Pokemon TV show in 1998 when it was first aired in the UK. At that age I had no idea what the style 'anime' was, but I liked that specific 'cartoon' style so I continued to watch it. I found out about the games through commercials, but at the time we were broke and couldn't afford a Game Boy. I bought my first pokemon game, Sapphire in 2003 and obtained Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver and Gold at a later date.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

On my little brother's 12th birthday he got a Game Boy Pocket. Mom had ordered it from a catalog so it came with 2 random games - Donkey Kong Country and Pokemon Blue. The local WB station didn't come in on our TV so none of us had heard of the cartoon or games before.

I used to think that was my first exposure to Pokemon. One day during late gen 1 I was reading a Pokemon fan magazine with an article about the banned episodes. When I read about "Electric Soldier Porygon" I remembered seeing a news report about the seizure event when it first happened. The reporters called the show "Pocket Monsters" and I thought it was based on these toys I used to have that were miniatures of classic movie monsters. I loved those toys and wished the show would come out over here (minus the seizures). I'd gotten my wish without realizing it! It gets weirder - years later I figured out that the toys I was remembering were "Monster in My Pocket", the same brand that made Nintendo rename "Pocket Monsters" as "Pokemon".

The anime, but that's not really what got my attention. Shadows of Almia was my first game.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

The anime on Saturday mornings when I was about seven. A billion and thirty episodes later and here the 22yr old me is now

GBC never gets old ah, still gonna play BW and HGSS though just to keep up with the games.
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

My sister got Pokemon Silver for her birthday. I was around 7 at the time. I wanted to get a Pokemon game solely because my older sister had one. After getting Pokemon Gold I was hooked for life.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

When I was 5 or something, I was at my grandma's house and she wanted us to watch this movie (Mewtwo Strikes Back) while she made dinner or something like that. Well, it turned out that I really liked the movie, and wanted to see more of it. That's pretty much how I discovered Pokemon.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

The moment I saw the Pokemon Red/Blue Commercial in Australia when I was about 8 or so I think, I've A Pokemon fan since.

I was at school and my friend had this Pokemon Emerald game, and she said she didn't like it because it was for "nerds". She handed it to me saying I was a nerd and would therefore like it.
    I took the game, put it in my dad's gameboy and played for HOURS! xD

The anime. I remember really liking the first season and didnt realize that it was based off a game. Once I got my hands on the game, it took off from there

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

My friend told me about it, and I thought it sounded interesting. I bought Pokemon Platinum and Emerald and tried them out, and I've been hooked ever since.

Before i began school i spent alot of time watching the pokemon anime. I got more and more interested in the fanchise. I theb started collecting the trading cards and eventually the games. Now not a day goes be where i dont play it on my ds whether its to hatch eggs orjust train.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

According to my mother, when I was VERY young I apparently just found the show on tv by turning it on and/or channel surfing. That was when I originally got hooked. I would always watch VHS tapes of it, play with the toys, and play a lot of the N64 games.

...However, there was a period of time when I was out of it for a little while, until some of my friends who lived pretty close by came over with their Gameboy SPs, both with Pokemon Emerald. I saw them playing it, and one encountered Minun, and I thought it was the cutest thing ever and I wanted to get Emerald now too. (That, and overall it looked really fun.) He saved, and let me play a bit of his file to catch a Minun, but I couldn't save. Not too long after I got Emerald and haven't left Pokemon since.
    Last edited by Sceptile Master; 16th March 2013 at 2:43 AM.
    Take it easy
    "See you next summer..."
    (S2 is now!)
    I'm looking for an old piece of art I requested on here years ago and lost. It was a brown-haired girl with a pink wristband riding a Torterra. If you think you have this picture saved or have seen it somewhere please let me know and send it to me.

at one of my schools when I was a kid, Pokes was considered really uncool. Then I moved and the TCG and anime (and the lucky few who's mum's and dad's had bought them the games) were all the rage. I bought Platinum and was hooked. Eventually though, the craze moved on, but I still loved it. It blossomed from there really.

Credit to Shadow for the Buttons

Everyone was so obessed with it, and I remember I was in 4th Grade when the first movie came out and they were putting Pokeballs in Burger King bags with little Pokemon inside of them that could spin and squirt water and stuff.
    Pokemon White 2 CHAMPION team

Serperior, Lucario, Wailord, Galvantula, Altaria, Mismagius

It started w/ a friend who showed the red version game on the computer, and I decided to copy and played myself. I got addicted and had collected all the versions since (the original ones of course).
    Last edited by Cutty; 15th March 2013 at 7:59 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

It was the anime that got me hooked on Pokemon. I just remembered coming back from school, changing channels to see what cartoons were on, and I saw a cartoon I had not seen before (back in mid 1998) I learned that it was Pokemon. At first I didn't pay much attention to it. Then when it got really popular, every one at school was talking about it.... and I had to go back and see the anime.... can't remember the rest, I was hooked on. Even today, I still wake up at 5:30 Saturday mornings to watch the new dubbed episode.

I didn't get to play the games until 2005, when my uncle found a DS that someone left in a Bank of America, and the game Fire Red was inside, Mario 64 DS too, thats when I got hooked on the games. A year later, my grandma found Sapphire in the hotel where she used to work. Today, i don't know what happen to the games. Now I'm searching for them on Ebay.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

It was those commercials, the ones that accompanied the launch of Red and Blue. They interested me, and my parents bought me Blue version. I didn't even know there was a TV show until years later.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

My brothers introduced me to the TCG and then the game, I started with leafgreen and a black GBA sp and am here now
    Need help with the pokemon TCG? Hit me up with a message

The anime unfortunately, now I can't stand it.

I seen the start of the Anime and then seen the games for R/B/Y. I liked the battle style of the games so I wanted to play them. Then i tryed to follow the show but I wasnt able to watch it that much. I basically fell in love with the game when I seen it ^-^

i think mainly because i was watching my sister play on her sapphire, and thats where it all started... i saw her choose torchic when i was like 4?and then after like 5 hours, when it was night, i gave it a try while she was sleeping... hehe.... then i kinda got all the way to the idk 2nd-3rd gym? then my mom said sleep, and im like no! XD

Spoiler:- Credits:

Add me on my Pokemon Games!
    Pokemon White 2: (will add later in 2014 :P)
    3DS Friend Code: 5043-2269-9331

Current MM: Shiny Flawless DW Male Espurr: N/A

I was introduced to it by an advert on ITV. Seen most of the episodes but the whole lot from the Kanto, Orange and Johto since day one. I begun to be more caught up after and I watch it online.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast