Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How were you introduced to pokemon?

Well. My first pokemon game was Pokemon Crystal, but i didnt played it much. Mostly because my mom didnt allow it xD
    The one who gave to me this game was my Mom ex-boyfriend. Because he thought i could play a "Kids game in english" at the age of 5/6, lol! xD

I got addicted to it when my boyfriend was playing it too. He werent my Boyfriend that time, but "the son of my Moms best friend" and i was like, what, 10/11 years? I dont remember well, though. But that is it! ^-^
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

well...it all started in my 4th grade class...I wacthed the first pokemon episode ever made...I wasn't sure what I was thinking when I saw it but I started to become obessed when I saw so many cute pokemon...then I got a toy pikachu, turned a tweety pinata into a pikachu (yes...yes I did ) then I got silver as my first game, loved it, then got yellow and...well, been a fan ever sence, still got the first 2 toy pikachu I EVER owned 13 years later ^^
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

I found a couple of Pokémon videos when I was about 6 and loved them. A little while later, my dad bought Pokémon Red for me.

Happened to have an anime VHS where the cassette was yellow (it was that episode with primape and the tower in the first season), watched it over and over again.

When I was 11, wanted a GBA Pokemon game, and bam.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

Good question fellas, you see when I was a kid 6-8 years maybe. I noticed my friend in school played pokemon, I thought pokemon was only one game at the time so I just looked for any game pokemon related at the store, and I believe the game I got was called(pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time) which I was mad because it looked nothing like my friends which was diamond. But mystery dungeon ended up being my favourite pokemon game series!

Back when I was in elementary, all the kids would play Pokémon on the school bus. My friend allowed me to play his Blue version and I really enjoyed it. I ended up going to the store with my parents and buying Pokémon Sapphire since they weren't selling R/B/Y or G/S/C for GBA
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

Cassettes. Back when people actually used and liked them. But anyway, got one of them from the library and watched it. I think it was the episode where Ash caught Squirtle...? It's been a while.

TV. I was watching some cartoons before school and the first episode of pokemon came on and I was immediately hooked. Didn't play any of the games till the third gen though...

I watch few series anime, when I be in 2 class school. In 11 class my frend be played in videogame, then I be played to. Its be HeartGold version.
    Last edited by A-Jaller; 16th March 2013 at 1:33 PM.
    for bring back Bionicle forum: bionicle.freeforums.org

It was all the rage at my school. After realizing that after a few months they weren't getting bored of it, I decided to watch an episode of the anime, see what all the fuss was about. First episode I saw, I don't remember for sure, but I think it was Sparks Fly for Magnemite. I don't know exactly what it was- could've been Professor Oak's reaction to Muk- but I was hooked by the time that episode was over.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

i encountered pokemon via the TV show around the age of 6 and i loved the battles and the characters so when i found out they had a video game i just had to get it. So i got the game............. AND I LOVED IT!!!!! Now i've been a fan for about 9-10 years and going strong

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Saw commericals for anime on tv when i was younger (Kanto Episode 1).
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

I got Yellow for my birthday and fell in love. Then I found out TCG and pestered my dad to buy me cards haha.

Through TV, around season 2.

Oddly, up until I discovered it, no one at that school knew/cared. Then nearly everyone suddenly jumped into it on their own (and I was STILL unpopular...)

I was introduced to it through the TCG which was extremely popular at my school when all of it still was relatively new.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

Fire red when I was 4 basically.

I think I got my brother's Yellow when he'd moved on to Crystal back when I was a kid. I never understood it and skipped second gen entirely, getting back into it when I got Emerald. Since then I've always loved the series. I've not necessarily always been -good- at it per-se, but I still was, and still am a major fan of the games. I got a TCG theme deck a long while back, around the Holon series but my mom threw those away, though I did start collecting cards again recently. I'd never really watched the Pokémon anime, though, and I only ever remember watching countless re-runs of Pokémon Chronicles on Cartoon Network, which I thought were extremely boring because they weren't about Ash at all. Ah well.
    Current White 2 Team:
    | Octavia Lv.88 | Roccoco Lv.89 | Lily Lv.88 | Viola Lv.89 | Jesper Lv.88 | Angora Lv.88 |

The trailer for Platinum got me hooked on the games. I just loved the part where they zoomed in on the portal tat led to th Distortion world. And, of course, it was much better in-game, though the Distortion world made me a bit nauseous from jumping to different ledges etc....
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

cu?i tu?n r?c r? nĂ*o c? nhĂ*

B? suu t?p tai game mobile

A kid on the school bus had a gameboy color so I wanted one too...

When I was about 5 and Gold and Silver were announced, I used to look at the huge posters up in the shops and want to play the game, but I didn't have a Gameboy at the time. When I was 8, I got a GBA for Christmas, and bought myself Pokémon Ruby when it was released. I picked myself a Treecko and have been playing ever since then.

I was 6 years old when Pokemon cards where awesome on school. Then I started watching and playing Pokemon.
    #1 DEOXYS FAN!

I didn't get a particular interest on Pokémon games for a long time. When I was younger (like 4 or 5 years old), I watched some Pokémon Johto episodes on TV and I really liked that !
    Until I have like 8 years old, my cousins had Pokémon Diamond each so I got interested and I asked it for my birthday. I got my Diamond version on my birthday and since then I'm playing often to those games.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th March 2013 at 7:50 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

The TCG. I got my first cards when I was 3, but they got washed in the washer.... I remember I couldn't read them, so I had my dad read them to me. I just enjoyed looking at the pictures :P

Later, in 4th grade, two kids on my bus were big on the TCG, so I bought a Drowzee card at our county fair. But then I collected some useless cards from them (i.e. Pidgey, Rhyhorn, Growlithe) and my collection grew.

I think around that time my cousing lent me his Pokémon Blue, but seeing as I didn't have a Game Boy, I'd borrow one at my babysitter's during the summer.

So yeah, 4th grade basically. Roughly 8-9 years ago....
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

The first video game I've ever played is Pokemon Red.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast