Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How were you introduced to pokemon?

I've pretty much known about Pokemon since I can remember and as a kid I used to watch Pokemon 4Ever, I would sometimes watch an episode of the anime if it happened to be on TV. But my full introduction to Pokemon that made me into the fan I am today was when my late grandfather bought me Pokemon XD for Christmas back in 05, I loved it and after awhile I got my hands on a copy of Ruby the rest is history.

Some kid from up my block really loved it, so I decided to get Platinum when I got my DSi on its release date. I wasinstantly hooked, and as they say, the rest is history.
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

When I was 8, my mother purchased a copy of Yellow and tried to play it herself. Deemed it too hard, passed it to me and said "here, you play this, I don't like it." Was hooked from that point on.

Signature by myself.

I was 8 and I had just gotten a purple GBC and then I got Blue, shortly after Pokemon was blowing up at school. Although I put way more time into Red and Yellow, go figure...
    Last edited by Kanix; 18th March 2013 at 7:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Nintendo Power, of course. Actually now that I think about it, Nintendo Power also sent out a VHS type to drum up the hype for Pokemon, before the anime ever came out. It was how I first heard of Pokemon Red and Blue, and... I ended up getting both. From there, the rest was history. Amazing how far the games have come since then.
    That's also how I heard about it. I guess we were both there from the beginning.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

I don't really remember, to be honest.

Author's Profile
    Thanks to Brutaka for the awesome banner!

I didn't start playing the games until 2003, when I bought a used Sapphire to check out the game, and I ended up getting hooked. I've been into the anime since 2002. Either way, I came a bit late to the party.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

My uncle brought back a Gameboy he picked up in 2003/2004ish, and it had Pokemon games, so I started playing them and got hooked.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

I was immediately hooked on pokemon the day the anime aired. even as a baby i still enjoyed pokemon throughout my life
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

i always thought it was stupid
    I'm a christian who believes in creation so when i heard "evolution" in the game i automatically hated it
    then my friend was playing it and i constantly wanted to play his platinum
    so i borrowed the game from another friend

liked it ever since

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

From Pokemon Gold, 13 years ago.

I was introduced thanks to the anime. I got addicted because of the games some years after starting to watch the anime.

Nowadays, I am only going on Pokemon games. The anime has sucked since Hoenn.

By almost every young kid in my area. Years later, I'm one of lucky ones who still plays it.

Or it might have just been my brother to tell me to play it. My first ever video game I ever played was Pokemon Ruby...
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

I started watching the Pokemon Anime about 7 years ago. Then, it was the original series, here in India.

Mine was from my dad. .-.
    He was like "Hey, I found out that kids like this, wanna try it?"
    Then he bought me a Charmander Pokemon Card at a flee market... :/
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I remember the event clearly, which is amusing because it's probably one of my earliest memories.

I was about 4, and I came home from school to find my brother showing off a Vulpix card he had received from his friend at school as a gift. I was immediately interested, and a few years later we got a GBA and Pokemon Ruby, and everything went on from there.

I am also fairly sure that Vulpix being the first Pokemon I ever knew is what makes it my favorite of all time without question or contest.

Sadly though, my brother has long since 'grown out' of Pokemon, so I'm the only one left.

My dad got me a gba sp and firered when I was in first grade. I've been addicted ever since. I played the games watched the show, got the cards, the toys....
    Now I I only play the games but I still love Pokemon and my favorite ever game was emerald
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

One day I was bored so I decided to watch Pokemon for the heck of it and I thought it was awesome!

I've been a fan ever since.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

A combo of the tv show, cards, and the games when I was in the 2nd or 3d grade. As a kid I could remember full episodes of Pokemon and replayed them in my head before I went to sleep. Now I'm 18 and I have tattoos of a pokeball, Dragonite, and Smeragle on my right arm. I'm in love with Pokemon XD

I was six or five years old and I got a present from my dad. I didn't really see him much so all I got were gifts and phone calls.

I opened it up and I found a Red Gameboy Pocket and Pokémon Blue Version along with Blue Headphones.

I didn't know much about the game, heck I only played Mighty Morphin power rangers and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on my sega so I didn't know that much about video games, but as soon as I played it, I was hooked.

One of my most memorable moments of playing that game was battling Brock with a Metapod, Pikachu, Pidgey, Rattata and a Charamander. Brocks Onyx kept getting at my team with Bide which I had no clue how to counter until I notice that metapod, who I rarely used to attack, didn't get hurt as much as the others. I kept using Harden while Brock's Onyx used Bide and every time Onyx would unleash bide, it had no effect. I figured it was because my Metapod was a bug type. But much later on I realized what Bide did and why it didn't work when could have.

I still have my Gameboy pocket and Blue Version today, although Blue Version is unplayable, and glitch so I need to find a replacement.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari (I play pokemon frequently)
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).

I was introduced to it by a neighborhood friend a year or two after i had moved to a new town. We were at the school playground, and asked a 7 word question I will never forget. "Have you ever heard of Shadow Lugia?" I answered no, and we walked back to my house, and he got up the Pokedex, and showed me Lugia. (As Shadow Lugia just had "Shadow" added on) When I was 8, I got Pokemon Pearl, as well as a DS Lite (which i have now lost) and here I am!
    Luckymoose: The Nightblog Pokemon
    Type: Normal/Dark
    Abilities: Cursed Body/Download Hidden Ability: Forewarn
    Height: 4'11" / 1.5m
    Weight: ???
    Gender Ratio: 100% Male
    Stats: HP: 60
    Attack: 40
    Defense: 80
    Special Attack: 105
    Special Defense: 45
    Speed: 50
    Base Stat Total: 380 (Sableye)
    Moves (currently): Confuse Ray, Covet, Beat Up, Torment
    Desc: Luckymoose can nightblog for days, nonstop, until it gets hungry or thirtsy. it has a vast amount of knowledge, so it can often confuse others.

In kindergarten my best friend had a Bagon little figure thing and showed me and I loved it! That year, Pokemon figures were all the rage, then everyone stopped in first grade. I moved and about three years ago I got Platinum for my birthday and the rest is history. And yeah, I am kind of a rookie considering I've only been playing for about three years (four years in July) but whatever!
    3DS FC: 0688-6448-9235
    VM ME IF YOU ADD ME

CLAIMED FROGADIER ON 11/10/13

#survivorcagayan

I think I was 7, and I had received pokemon cards and Blue version from my uncle. The rest, is history.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Song of the week:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5y9Q5CmWYg

It was shortly after the US release of Red and Blue, and my grandma sent both of them to me for my Bday, and like ^Dragontail said 'The rest, is history.'

The television show while it was on UPN. I believe Dennis the Menace was on after it lol.

My parents bought me Red and Silver a few years later.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast