Thread: Your favorite spin-off games

Default Your favorite spin-off games

Generally, Pokemon fans focus more on the main RPG series for their fandom, often ignoring spin-offs. So I was wondering. What is your favorite spin-offs? Mine personally is Pokepark Wii. So what's yours?

In terms of general spinoff series, Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, and Colosseum/XD. I'm also starting to look into the Pokepark series, but I haven't played any of them yet. But as for specific games, it'd be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky, Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Mine is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I love Pokemon Rumble Blast!

I thought Pokepark was pretty fun. If only to run around and knock other pokemon down.

I think I spent way too much time just doing that...
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Quote Originally Posted by Equal-to-Heaven View Post
    I thought Pokepark was pretty fun. If only to run around and knock other pokemon down.

I think I spent way too much time just doing that...
    That's kind of the appeal of those types of games, getting to mess around and explore massive levels like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

i love the spin off games, pokepark 2 was a lot of fun, it would be nice to have some more pokemon games on the wii U now, I really enjoyed pokemon channel back in the day as well. Of course colosseum/XD, ranger, mystery dungeon...and so on.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

My favorite spinoff is pokemon pinball ruby/sapphire version. It was one of my favorite GBA games and I could sit and play for hours. I always liked evolving in this game. But the best part were the mini games inside the pinball arcade. My favorite being the one where you catch leveling using a silph scope and shooting spheal into basketball hoops.
    Gaming is not always about the victory and the conquest of your foes. Enjoy the journey for what it is. It all pays off in the end

My level 100 dream team

[img]http://oi44.*******.com/107s2vk.jpg[/img]

Hey do you like manga? If you do check out my collaboration with orochi of my story Blood Type P . Just click on the link below
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0-Blood-Type-P
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/2uhy7m9.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/24fhc3d.gif[/IMG]

Do mystery dungeon games count as spin off? If so, I really liked explorers of time. If not, id have to choose pokemon pinball, being its the only other spin off game ive played.

All the pokemon are great, I love them all equally! Except for gengar. Gengar is the best. :3

It's a tough choice for me but I'd say my favourite would be either Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (The only MD game I've actually played to be honest), or Pokemon Snap.

When I was younger, Pokemon Channel was a favourite of mine, I don't know I just loved it as a kid.

Pokemon Conquest. I've completed the main hero's story, and everyone else's story. I even finished the bonus story you get for completing everyone else's story. I also have finished every bonus download including the grass and water warlords, and obtaining reshiram. I'm sad now because I've done everything on it I possibly can. I really hope they make a Pokemon Conquest 2 in the future.
    You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain. -Harvey Dent
    Look closely, because the closer you think you are, the easier it is to fool you. -Thaddeus Bradley
    You can take away my toys, gadgets, and even my armor. But there is one thing you can't take away from me: Who I am. -Tony Stark
    I may not remember who I am, but there is one thing I remember. I don't take orders. -Letty Ortiz

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is the most fun I've had with Pokemon in a long time. I feel like so much more could be added to this game to create an experience that everyone would love, but there is a ton packed into this game already.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of The Skies! That was my first Pokemon game and beaten it in 2012. That game made me cry for an hour when I learned about the ending!!! XD

The old school gb spinoffs. the trading card game was amazing good, pinball too, MD and ranger were fun but not as addicting as the older ones like tcg and pinball. i never played colloseum or snap but after seeing what they were like i felt they would be a blast to play, especially snap. gale of darkness was fun too, battle revolution i didn't found it to be good IMO although the customization is huge. Stadium 1 i didn't have but stadium 2 is awesome as well. And the sequel of tcg, only released in japan is probably my all-time favorite spinoff. The best one i got to say is the sequel of tcg, only released in japan. It adds so much more content and adds a new evil team. It's soundtrack has some of the best 8bit music i've heard. If you can get a translation of this and play it on an emulator and of course, if you like the tcg, do check it out, it's that good.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Ranger. Pinball really needs a remake. I miss Pokemon Ranger, it was such a unique concept and an awesome way to play the DS. It got kinda boring after like the 3rd remake though...

Never played Mystery Dungeon or Conquest but I heard they were both pretty good. Will have to give them a try sometime.

My favourite Spin-Off Game has to be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

It has a really good storyline, which really evoked emotions. It also granted us access to each and every Pokemon up to Generation IV, except Arceus!

My favorite spin-off game woul probably be PMD: BRT, although it'd be due to me just loving the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, and Blue being my first one, and third Pokémon game ever, nostalgia.

I love the whole PMD series, but my favorite has to be Blue and Red Rescue Team.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

It is most definitely Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

It had a GREAT plot! A GREAT concept! GREAT gameplay!

It is also the only Spin Off Game I have played!

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky and Ranger Guardian Signs.

Smile

I like pokemon mystery dungeon most, even though I only have rescue team blue but I have a good memory with it. I remember when I got I was young and didnt know how to read well so I had my dad teach me how to read better, I was so determined to play my first pokemon gameXD. So yeah I also started loving mudkip because of the personality quiz. Also I just ordered a new pokemon rescue team blue because I lost my old one D: and I love it! I could have gotten the new PMD games but I preferred blue rescue team because I have "bonded" with it. I might get the new versions sometime.
    Last edited by Dragonair_master; 28th August 2013 at 2:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Star View Post
    Pokemon Pinball and Pokemon Ranger. Pinball really needs a remake. I miss Pokemon Ranger, it was such a unique concept and an awesome way to play the DS. It got kinda boring after like the 3rd remake though...
    How were Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs remakes of the original?
    IMO, the games only got better and better, with Shadows of Almia having an improved Battle System and Guardian Signs adding the Signs.

It's a shame they don't make them anymore. I would love to see it return on the WII U. I don't think it would work on 3DS, though since it's based a lot on the touchscreen (that's probably why they haven't made one since the 3DS).

But to answer on the question "which are your favourite Spin-offs". I have only played the Ranger and the Mystery Dungeon games, but I like all of them. My favourite in the ranger series is Guardian Signs and my favourite in the Mystery Dungeon series is definitely Explorers of Sky.
    Sorry if my English isn't good. I'm Dutch.