Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Lol Pidgeot is not OP by any means. Chimchar beat a Staraptor, something that COULD perhaps be considered OP. If they did get rid of Charizard before the 1st gym they could've just had Pikachu win, or Cyndaquil had he caught it at that time, or even Heracross.

Man I've been watching through the Johto series in Japanese(there are a LOT of episodes I've never seen dubbed either so there's that too) and I got upset when I realised Ash still had Heracross on him in Azalea town and still used Pikachu and Chikorita in the Bug gym. Bug VS Bug YOLO, HELLO ASH? Y U NO DO YOUR THING?
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I hope Ash actually has some form of goal, because right now it feels like it's going to be fillers and then a tournament... which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Lol Pidgeot is not OP by any means. Chimchar beat a Staraptor, something that COULD perhaps be considered OP. If they did get rid of Charizard before the 1st gym they could've just had Pikachu win, or Cyndaquil had he caught it at that time, or even Heracross.

Man I've been watching through the Johto series in Japanese(there are a LOT of episodes I've never seen dubbed either so there's that too) and I got upset when I realised Ash still had Heracross on him in Azalea town and still used Pikachu and Chikorita in the Bug gym. Bug VS Bug YOLO, HELLO ASH? Y U NO DO YOUR THING?
    Only Chikarita would beat a Spinark (with a x4 resistance to Grass) only to lose to a Metapod :P Heracross vs Scyther would have been soo boss
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Dude falkner himself said no challengers before ash got through dodrio and it was implied pigeot was better. Let's not forget here barry wasn't the best trainer in the world.

So the islands are close to Kanto? I feel like this should excite me because of the chance that more old characters could return, but I feel absolutely nothing. And if the writers were going to set this arc near Kanto, why not just have Ash return to the Orange Islands instead? Why create new islands when there's already an archipelago they could use?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Dude falkner himself said no challengers before ash got through dodrio and it was implied pigeot was better. Let's not forget here barry wasn't the best trainer in the world.
    Fair enough, I was mainly pointing out the "Pidgeot is OP" comment. Falkner's in the story may have been. :]

@Ciccone: because Wynaut
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    So the islands are close to Kanto? I feel like this should excite me because of the chance that more old characters could return, but I feel absolutely nothing. And if the writers were going to set this arc near Kanto, why not just have Ash return to the Orange Islands instead? Why create new islands when there's already an archipelago they could use?
    BF completely made the Gym Leaders non-existent (but I'm not too sure because I didn't finish watching it after Spencer's battle).

They could've made an excuse by using the Sevii Islands, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Only Chikarita would beat a Spinark (with a x4 resistance to Grass) only to lose to a Metapod :P Heracross vs Scyther would have been soo boss
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched Chikorita's capture episode(I remembered like nothing about it other than Ash mimicking TR's motto lol). She was the most badass mofo around, good lord. D: She took no sh*ts even from Charizard. And then she got smashed by Hoothoot at the first gym *shivers*

It's always the same thing in shounen anime. The first time someone new arrives or a new form/move/level of strength is reached it's always the most OP thing in the existence of everything. And then the next time it miserably fails. Okay.jpg

Applies for Pokemon(except for Grotle Okay.jpg x2), Digimon, DBZ, you name it
    Last edited by Rohanator; 16th March 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Other than your part on not being a huge Iris fan (I am), I fully agree. I don't feel Iris and Cilan have been developed enough to leave.
    Exactly.

If they don't stay, the fact that they will only have been around for 150 episodes (40 episodes less than other companions besides Tracey) only contributes to the lack of development.

Oh no, we're gonna ditch Pignite and Oshawott and then Snivy will have some lame reason to the leave the team near the end of the season!!! XD

And the 6th gen Pokemon will have Johto Pokemon development

(I bet Cybercube will just love this idea)
    Well, i'd like to think the writers learnt their lesson in Johto and will correct their mistake this time. I'm not talking every single Unova Pokemon either, and they don't have to be used frequently over and over, it can be minor so that the Gen 6 Pokemon get their fare share. On top of that, I have no objection of the Unova Pokemon gradually disappearing having reasons to return to the lab, or making space for new Pokemon.

I still can't believe Meowth is just casually hanging out with the Trinity. Like, has Pikachu forgotten how evil Meowth is and how he used Ash and friends? Seriously, I dislike the lack of consistency when it comes to Pikachu and Meowth's relationship. It's like no matter how many times Meowth messes up, Pikachu is willing to forgive him. I'm not sure if I should praise Pikachu for being so innocent and sweet, or to criticize him for being so lenient all the time.
    I kind of agree, but at the same time i'm not bothered. I like Meowth and his development, I couldn't care if the consistency isn't good with the side he's on. There's only so many times they can make his return seem believable, yet for me it's a brilliant idea that deserves to be used over and over.

It could be a simple case of "i'll help you so we can get back to the twerps and I can get back to Jessie and James".

Kanto? Woah, didn't expect that either. But I can believe it over it being placed in Unova. I suppose this will also be a 4th dubbed season to the US and outside Japan.

This also reminded me of DP191, when Ash, Dawn and Brock were discussing plans after coming back to Dawn's house. They mentioned about going to Kanto and traveling there. I guess, since the writers didn't have time for that for the DP gang, they're doing it now for the BW gang.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Well, i'd like to think the writers learnt their lesson in Johto and will correct their mistake this time. I'm not talking every single Unova Pokemon either, and they don't have to be used frequently over and over, it can be minor so that the Gen 6 Pokemon get their fare share. On top of that, I have no objection of the Unova Pokemon gradually disappearing having reasons to return to the lab, or making space for new Pokemon.
    Eh, just trying to make a joke out of it XD
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Indeed. I'm sure the first Gym wouldn't have gone vastly different if Lizardon got released prior. While Lizardon isn't completely stationary his claim to fame has always been his sheer amount of strength and less focus on strategy to win battles, especially in some of his bigger battles.(Boober(Magmar), Freezer(Articuno), Jouto League, didn't he also use mainly brute force in the episode where he finally started obeying too?) True, you're right on the money that Lizardon doesn't completely reject strategy but he isn't as big a strategist as the other Pokemon imo. While most people seem to prefer that(No problem with people that prefer that, everyone is allowed a different perspective on things.)I actually think strategy makes a battle more entertaining to watch, ya know? For example Emonga's battle in the Don Battle Tournament was really entertaining because we saw her being driven into a corner and in a hopeless situation where her only out was strategy with no insta-win Attract on her side.;
    Well, while you are right on Charizard using less strategy than weaker/smaller pokemons, you have a few mistakes there. In the Johto League Charizard did use strategy against Blastoise. At first he tried to attack Blastoise with Flamethrower, but it was repeled with Rapid Spin, then Charizard tried to get closer and Blastoise hit him with Skull Bash. So Charizard fly around, dodged HydroPumps and then Ash had the idea of flamethrowering the battlefield so Blastoise couldn't move. After that Gary told Blastoise to use Hydropump on the battlefield and a cloud of steam rise. There Charizard had the opportunity to come closer to Blastoise, where his cannons couldn't hit him and he could Seismic Toss him and win.
    That battle had plenty of strategy from Ash.
    In the episode Charizard started obeying, he fly in circles towards Poliwrath to dodge its attack and blew it with the wind produced by that circle flying, once in the air he Seismic toss and win. He did use strategy again. Magmar and Articuno were sheer power and pride, like Blaziken too.

Oh, and I agree with you. I think strategic battles are better, that's why I love when Ash uses it.

I'm glad they're apparently not going to Kanto before the DA saga. This way the Unova mons can avoid Oaking for a while longer. If they went to Kanto first I could imagine Ash leaving the Unova reserves to Oak like he did for Torkoal and Glalie pre BF. I mean sure they're not really appearing either way but I like the possibility. I am extremely happy that my main man Gantle seems to be a staple team member in Episode N. Looking forward to dat scene in the opening, it better actually happen.

It could be a simple case of "i'll help you so we can get back to the twerps and I can get back to Jessie and James".
    If Meowth betrays the Trinity in any way I swear I will never forgive him and I'll kick him out of my top ten anime Pokemon list. There's only so many times I can accept the "Meowth teams up with Pikachu but then goes back to being a jerk" thing before it becomes reductive. The writers shouldn't reuse that plot point this many times to be honest.

If Meowth betrays the Trinity in any way I swear I will never forgive him and I'll kick him out of my top ten anime Pokemon list.
    Guess he should never have been in your top 10 in the first place...

Top 10 is reserved for the Pokemon that are so great the treatment they get is irrelevant, he's still in mine regardless of how many times he betrays the twerps.

I hope the writers have Iris and Dento meet Takeshi and Kasumi while in Kanto.

-Iris and Takeshi talk about medicine and he gives her some pointers on herbs and such.
    -Takeshi and Dento cook.
    -Dento and Kasumi fishing lure time.
    -Iris and Kasumi favorite type fawn.
    -Maggyo and Gregguru meet.
    -Azurill and Kibago meet.

*See how Takeshi's Doctor goal is going and his Lucky again.

Why would he go back there lol?? They aren't adding something new(like battle frontier) so it would be kind of dumb to go back to OI.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I can't stop laughing at Iris and Cilan going to Kanto with Ash. I don't think that they get the hint, that Ash is done with Unova and wants to move on. So thanks to them, we get the Dekorola filler cruise.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Guess he should never have been in your top 10 in the first place...

Top 10 is reserved for the Pokemon that are so great the treatment they get is irrelevant, he's still in mine regardless of how many times he betrays the twerps.
    I like Meowth because he's a leader and he's intelligent, but I'm tired of him joining forces with Pikachu and the others just to turn on them in the next episode. I mean I understand the need to work together with your foes for everyone's sake, but Meowth always reverts back into his evil self no matter how much mercy Ash and the others show him. Meowth basically brushes off the kindness of others, which makes all the bonding and development that he gets while working with good guys pointless imo.

*Has a heart attack* Yassss, you know I'm here for that. It's time for Brock and Misty to meet their Unova counterparts.~

And get lost together.

I'm glad they're apparently not going to Kanto before the DA saga. This way the Unova mons can avoid Oaking for a while longer. If they went to Kanto first I could imagine Ash leaving the Unova reserves to Oak like he did for Torkoal and Glalie pre BF. I mean sure they're not really appearing either way but I like the possibility. I am extremely happy that my main man Gantle seems to be a staple team member in Episode N. Looking forward to dat scene in the opening, it better actually happen.
    The ending seems to suggest Krookodile will take his place at some point

I hope we get some spoilers from this arc unlike the N arc
    Unova -
    Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I can't stop laughing at Iris and Cilan going to Kanto with Ash. I don't think that they get the hint, that Ash is done with Unova and wants to move on. So thanks to them, we get the Dekorola filler cruise.
    Haha, I actually do hope that turns out to be the case. xD

I wonder if they're aware what will happen after they reach Kanto.

The ending seems to suggest Krookodile will take his place at some point
    Okay.jpg

I wonder if the ending will go on for longer than the actual N arc. I mean if Boldore appears in the climax then when would Krookodile? I guess he can fight grunts next week or in the couple episodes after.

-Iris and Takeshi talk about medicine and he gives her some pointers on herbs and such.
    -Takeshi and Dento cook.
    -Dento and Kasumi fishing lure time.
    -Iris and Kasumi favorite type fawn.
    -Maggyo and Gregguru meet.

*See how Takeshi's Doctor goal is going and his Lucky again.
    Wow...

BWS2DA EPxx - Cooking Contest, Dento VS Takeshi!

Also, I really don't think Iris is going to follow Ash to XY Region. So I guess this will happen: Ash Cilan Iris goes to Kanto. When they reach their, Iris gets a call from Drayden saying that he wants to train her for the new gym leader. Iris has a mental struggle, but Ash prompts her to pursue her dreams. As for Cilan... He'll either go XY with Ash or they'll do a Striation City Gym Crisis!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

*Holds out $10* I'll place a bet that Cilan will leave and we will get a new Tracey and We will end up with another 4 gyms that will appear to be gyms like that of the Orange Islands. But will we see Ash's trusty Pidgeot when he goes back to Kanto or will we encounter May, Misty and Dawn all in one place?
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast