Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Actually I peg Dento having some sort of driving experiences. He was driving the ship...thing in the Keldeo moving at the end.
    Aren't movies canon?

Never mind. But I doubt Cilan can fare through so many islands without sleep. It's just not normal, and I doubt they'll make Cilan go through such hard labour.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Am I the only one who's cackling at the fact that we were told that Unova was extremely far away from Kanto (like literally on the other side of the planet) yet apparently we now have a group of islands smack-dab in between the two regions? It's just funny how islands just sort of pop up overnight.
    I have a feeling that Unova may be much closer to the other regions than originally thought XD

I really don't see any reason for Iris to stay, I'd rather that she'd get replaced by the female protagonist from the new games. If she stays I have a feeling that her character will be become so dull and boring and she would most likely turn into a Misty and Brock anyways by just standing in the background doing nothing.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Hey guys, I think you know this, but Cilan is a Ship Connoiseur, too!

Eh, I bet Cilan is paying for the trips by boat.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I have a feeling that Unova may be much closer to the other regions than originally thought XD

I really don't see any reason for Iris to stay, I'd rather that she'd get replaced by the female protagonist from the new games. If she stays I have a feeling that her character will be become so dull and boring and she would most likely turn into a Misty and Brock anyways by just standing in the background doing nothing.
    Brock and Misty getting "stale" was a writer's problem, not a character problem. If they actually tried to write them (and Iris) better (and try new things with them), this wouldn't be a problem. This isn't a problem with most other shows, after all.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Brock and Misty getting "stale" was a writer's problem, not a character problem. If they actually tried to write them (and Iris) better (and try new things with them), this wouldn't be a problem. This isn't a problem with most other shows, after all.
    Yeah, if they actually tried, maybe they would be better written and not become stale, but this is the Pokemon anime writers, they never learn from their mistakes and they are too lazy to actually try. That's why it's best for Iris to leave since they most likely won't try to develop her character better.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I don't see how that's even implied. I mean since when does going to Kanto mean that a character is automatically set to travel with Ash into another region? 'Cause May and Max went to Kanto with Ash and look how that turned out. I really want Iris to stick around mostly because she speaks her mind/is never afraid to serve some truth tea, but I don't see it for her. She'll likely leave the main cast so that a new female character can be introduced as is the trend.
    May and Max went to Kanto and they continued traveling with Ash, so I don't know what you're talking about. By the time they reach Kanto in this Island arc, 6th gen will be starting and I doubt Iris and Cilan are gonna travel with him all the way back to his home and then randomly say goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    May and Max went to Kanto and they continued traveling with Ash, so I don't know what you're talking about.
    I'm saying that despite them going to Kanto, they didn't permanently stick around for the next big saga (DP). They went off on their own after finishing their adventures in Kanto. When Iris and Cilan arrive in Kanto I can see something similar happening; they'll probably spend a couple of episodes there if they're lucky and then they'll probably head out on their own or whatever while Ash moves on to the new region. Saying that Iris and Cilan have a good chance to follow Ash into the next region just because they're in Kanto seems like a reach to me.

I'm saying that despite them going to Kanto, they didn't permanently stick around for the next big saga (DP). They went off on their own after finishing their adventures in Kanto. When Iris and Cilan arrive in Kanto I can see something similar happening; they'll probably spend a couple of episodes there if they're lucky and then they'll probably head out on their own or whatever while Ash moves on to the new region. Saying that Iris and Cilan have a good chance to follow Ash into the next region just because they're in Kanto seems like a reach to me.
    In this island arc, Kanto is the destination so we're not going to arrive there until the final episodes, unlike Battle Frontier which was setup right after the Hoenn league. Even Dephender agrees with me. I asked him if he thinks Iris and Cilan will go Pokefrance and this is what he replied to me on my wall

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    All signs point to that. Why would they travel back to Kanto with him if they weren't planning on staying with him for a while after he returned home too?

I hope we get to see the Aron evolution line sometime here.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Lol cuz Ash was actually staying in Kanto for awhile. Concidering Ash isn't staying in Kanto, all signs point to them staying together.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

In this island arc, Kanto is the destination so we're not going to arrive there until the final episodes, unlike Battle Frontier which was setup right after the Hoenn league. Even Dephender agrees with me. I asked him if he thinks Iris and Cilan will go Pokefrance and this is what he replied to me on my wall
    I still think iris decides she wants to go off to like johto or something to train with claire and lance To eventually take over for drayden, while cilan decides he has nothing better to do than just going with ash to franceland and become A-rank.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

He's just a fan though, just because he can read Japanese doesn't make him some authority on the subject. Iris will likely leave when BW ends, they already set up her status as a Gym leader. Going to Kanto makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    He's just a fan though, just because he can read Japanese doesn't make him some authority on the subject. Iris will likely leave when BW ends, they already set up her status as a Gym leader. Going to Kanto makes no difference.
    Drayden didn't say one word to Iris about that so no they didn't. Who knows if the care taker was right or not.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

He's just a fan though, just because he can read Japanese doesn't make him some authority on the subject.
    He understands what's going on and that Iris and Cilan going with Ash to Kanto means something. All of you are just ignoring it.

Iris will likely leave when BW ends, they already set up her status as a Gym leader. Going to Kanto makes no difference.
    Step-up for sometime in the future, not necessarily at the end of BW. It was mentioned that Drayden is considering her for future gym leader but he told her to continue traveling and get stronger. That could very well imply at the end of 6th gen where Iris would have seen and grown enough to handle the role of gym leader. Misty became gym leader after her 2 generations, so same thing could happen with Iris. I know that's your fear though, that Iris really does take the same footsteps as Misty.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 21st March 2013 at 4:27 AM.

He understands what's going on and that Iris and Cilan going with Ash to Kanto means something. All of you are just ignoring it.
    Not really. I get the feeling the Giovanni/TR conclusion will take place in Kanto. They can't very well get rid of Iris/Cilan like 15 episodes before the gen ends...so they stay with him to the end.

Step-up for sometime in the future, not necessarily at the end of BW. It was mentioned that Drayden is considering her for future gym leader but he told her to continue traveling and get stronger. That could very well imply at the end of 6th gen where Iris would have seen and grown enough to handle the role of gym leader. Misty became gym leader after her 2 generations, so same thing could happen with Iris. I know that's your fear though, that Iris really does take the same footsteps as Misty.
    C'mon, man, you're acting the same way Dawn fans did when DP was ending, thinking she would continue just because of Piplup or whatever. I know you like Iris but you know better than this.

I agree with Cyber on this. Just like any good friend, Iris and Cilan can just travel to Kanto with him to make sure he gets home okay and that way they meet the rest of his Pokémon. Dawn was going to do that too. Iris has already receive acceptable development in the later part of the saga and was setting her up to be gym leader.

If they are making Iris pre-BW Iris and BW2-Cilan then Cilan would have no issues continuing traveling with Ash if the gym closes as it did in BW2.

I really don't care if Iris and Cilan continue or not, but I'd figure Iris has less chance then Cilan (who doesn't exactly have that high of chance either). Remember guys, the only reason Misty continued in Johto was because there was no female protagonist at the beginning of that season and she still appeared in the games. Unless GameFreak plans on including Iris in X and Y (maybe PWT continues there?) It's likely she'll be dropped. Cilan get's some leverage because his gym is out of commission like _Taidow_ mentioned
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

That could mean anything though.

I really don't accept them having Iris and Cilian following Ash home just see them off. That's like a friend coming to visit me from Europe and me following them all the way back overseas, just to get there and turn around. Iris and Cilian are going to Kanto for specific reason, we just don't know what that reason is.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Not really. I get the feeling the Giovanni/TR conclusion will take place in Kanto. They can't very well get rid of Iris/Cilan like 15 episodes before the gen ends...so they stay with him to the end.

C'mon, man, you're acting the same way Dawn fans did when DP was ending, thinking she would continue just because of Piplup or whatever. I know you like Iris but you know better than this.
    Thinking Dawn would stay just because of Piplup is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that since BW has been a Kanto Rehash, it's not out of the question that 6th gen will be the second Johto where Ash keeps the same companions. It would explain Iris and Cilan's small teams and Axew's lack of development because the writers know they have more time with these characters.

My eyebrow raised when it said they were traveling with Ash back to Kanto. I do think it's possible that they're staying but I understand if most of you don't. If you don't believe it, then just keep this in the back of your minds.

Thinking Dawn would stay just because of Piplup is ridiculous. All I'm saying is that since BW has been a Kanto Rehash, it's not out of the question that 6th gen will be the second Johto where Ash keeps the same companions. It would explain Iris and Cilan's small teams and Axew's lack of development because the writers know they have more time with these characters.

My eyebrow raised when it said they were traveling with Ash back to Kanto. I do think it's possible that they're staying but I understand if most of you don't. If you don't believe it, then just keep this in the back of your minds.
    A non-playable Gym leader from the 5th gen doesn't advertise the X and Y generation. She's not going to continue. The female lead gets the most promotion every saga after Ash, they're not going to focus on a character who isn't relevant over a nice shiny new character.

A non-playable Gym leader from the 5th gen doesn't advertise the X and Y generation. She's not going to continue. The female lead gets the most promotion every saga after Ash, they're not going to focus on a character who isn't relevant over a nice shiny new character.
    4 characters in the main cast has happened before..... They can keep Iris and Cilian but still put the new girl up front. The possibility exists.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I guess we'll see. Although I know you just don't want another Misty on your hands.

No! I don't want another Best Wishes series. I am actually disappointed that their Unova adventures are going to continue. I was hoping for the next series to star Ash in the new region of x and y, but it is probably too soon.
    Ugghh more Iris :/

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    4 characters in the main cast has happened before..... They can keep Iris and Cilian but still put the new girl up front. The possibility exists.
    Characters more popular than Iris have left, its very unlikely. Iris is a very niche character with a smaller fanbase, even in Japan Cilan is far more popular than she is.

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast