Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1567

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Dunno if this warrants a new thread, but there's a title for the new opening: "Summery slope"

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Even if there's nothing super important about the Dekorola Islands.

I still expect, at least one 3/4 episode battle tournament.
    I hope so, however.. I don't think we have the time any more.

There's a small possibility for that still to happen, but the chances are slimming when I look at the calender. If any, then August would be most likely, but we have to wait to see how the known episode headings we got from the poster fill up the weeks and if any 'new' titles/headings come up which would give a tournament less chance (time) of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Those disguises were poor but that's just it. At least they weren't silly and meant to be comical (in some way) like their DP disguises. The disguises they are wearing on that scan obviously are.
    Good lord, Team Rocket used 'silly' disguises since the original series, and you go out of your way saying that they are DP disguises? I agree, some of their disguises in BW have been better, so this would count as more in line with 'pre-BW'-disguises, but definitely not 'DP disguises'... :S

Just look at 'The Punchy Pokemon', and then tell me that 'silly disguises' are something that are specifically related to DP, the most story driven arc to date in the pokemon animé.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I might as well just post this here since I don't know what episode it is from.

Spoiler:- Scan:
    It's probably from the Honey / Combee episode. They're glasses are shaped like beehives and they wear Bee-like hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Dunno if this warrants a new thread, but there's a title for the new opening: "Summery slope"

Just look at 'The Punchy Pokemon', and then tell me that 'silly disguises' are something that are specifically related to DP, the most story driven arc to date in the pokemon animé.. -.-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Da!-Opening(-)

Most story driven? I don't know. I mean, I don't see why it IS more story driven. I think AG was good in terms of Ash's progression of him becoming a mentor to May and I guess the same could sort of be said with DP. With BW, I think Ash and Iris are both as competent, even though Ash has probably had more experience, so in terms of Ash being the mentor, it's sort of 50/50. That's not what you meant, but I felt like saying that and what do you mean about it being the most story driven? You don't have to go into a lot of detail.
    Last edited by playerking; 9th April 2013 at 5:32 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I am really happy to see my favourite gym leader returning alongside a Shiny Drudiggon. I look forward to watching those episodes. Clair Vs Iris shall be epic!

Even if there's nothing super important about the Dekorola Islands.

I still expect, at least one 3/4 episode battle tournament.
    I don't I think they would have announced it if there was one.

Well Oshawott is getting into a tournament.

This arc is about adventuring not battling.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

Well Oshawott is getting into a tournament.

This arc feels like it should have been before the league... I'm all for adventuring, but I feel we haven't gotten enough battling (Those damn tournaments skipped battles like crazy even the league skipped two rounds).
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Good lord, Team Rocket used 'silly' disguises since the original series, and you go out of your way saying that they are DP disguises? I agree, some of their disguises in BW have been better, so this would count as more in line with 'pre-BW'-disguises, but definitely not 'DP disguises'... :S
    Does it honestly offend you that I said DP disguises? I only used the term because DP is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear about the TRio acting silly again (mainly because they acted so damn idiotic in that saga). But hey, I'll say 'pre BW' from now on if that makes you happier.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    This arc feels like it should have been before the league... I'm all for adventuring, but I feel we haven't gotten enough battling (Those damn tournaments skipped battles like crazy even the league skipped two rounds).
    Before the league? before the league he was training for the league, no time for that.

The tournaments skipped noname characters battles but I always want more battling so sure.

I'm not trying to argue with dman I'm saying it looks like this will be about adventuring not battling, just that basicly.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Da!-Opening(-)

Most story driven? I don't know. I mean, I don't see why it IS more story driven. I think AG was good in terms of Ash's progression of him becoming a mentor to May and I guess the same could sort of be said with DP. With BW, I think Ash and Iris are both as competent, even though Ash has probably had more experience, so in terms of Ash being the mentor, it's sort of 50/50. That's not what you meant, but I felt like saying that and what do you mean about it being the most story driven? You don't have to go into a lot of detail.
    With most 'storydriven' I mean the following arcs in that series that pushed the series:
    1. Ash vs. Paul/Chimchar-storyline:
    - This storyline drove Ash to grow and excel and to question his own methods.
    - The thing is that almost everything that happened to Ash had something to do with his rivalry with Paul, and the entire DP-saga can be considered as Ash vs. Paul.
    - The rivalry lead to factual developments in character and team. Chimchar joining Ash, Turtwig's development, etc.
    - We actually got a backstory on a rival, and a personality fully structured based on more then just a flashback.
    2. Dawn stepping out of the shadow of her mother's success.
    - Dawn's story was very much about stepping out on her own.
    - Of course she failed a few times and lost confidence that she could be a good coordinator in her own right, this lead to her challenging Maylene, a new gymleader that didn't know for sure if she was able to take up the mantle herself.
    - This was again suggested when Dawn had to go up against that coordinator from her mother's generation with the Delcatty.

All in all, I think DP had the most narrative elements throughout the saga that drove it forwards. For instance, if Paul was Trip, then we wouldn't have the Ash vs. Paul storyline which questioned ideals and methods and Ash wouldn't have had gotten as strong as he did in Sinnoh. An elaborate storyelement such as the Ash/Paul rivalry really can drive a saga, which is what happened in DP. It made it a well told story, without leaving much as just random or as an excuse. Yes it was a big saga, bit it also had the most content that mattered in that sense.

In Best Wishes, the only thing this is happening for is Iris. Her story is driving up to a point, because of certain elements they put in from the beginning (flashback): Drayden. Which meant that her story was driving towards having to match Drayden at some point. Then her story can be filled in as her quest as how to do that.

With Cilan, none of that has been done. He's just completely random, and I don't see a goal other then just travelling. His initial reason was to learn from Ash, well, we all know he has learned squat from Ash, or at least hasn't used any of what he supposedly has learned.

Concerning AG, I don't really recall a storyline of Ash being a mentor to May, or that being what drove him throughout the series.. It's just a side effect that happened because Ash was travelling while May was portrayed as being indecisive and uninformed compared to Max. In a sense, you can say that AG was a 'setting out'-story for May, and that Ash played a part in it. But in that sense, we would be dismissing Ash as the maincharacter..

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Does it honestly offend you that I said DP disguises? I only used the term because DP is the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear about the TRio acting silly again (mainly because they acted so damn idiotic in that saga). But hey, I'll say 'pre BW' from now on if that makes you happier.

lol
    The thing is they never changed between OI, AG and DP, so it's basically a stab at DP for something that has nothing to do with it in particular, and borders on bashing.. *not a fan of the term in this sense, people always tell me that I bash Cilan when I say that I don't like him, but that's another issue..

And why 'lol'? It just is.. In DP, both main characters had a storyline other then "I want to enter the league" that drove them forwards, made them excel and questioned themselves at times.
    - OI: Almost none other then I want to be the best.
    - AG: May had a story that drove her to some extent, Ash didn't until Morrison came along for about 30 episodes max.
    - DP: Both Ash and Dawn had an elaborate storyline that forced them to grow along the entire series.
    - BW: Only Iris had a bit of a storyline going on, having to match up to Drayden at some point, but Ash doesn't and is back to his AG ways of just collecting badges for the heck of it.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

20/10 post.^

Anyways I still see this entire arc getting the DP special treatment AKA not being dubbed so both sides of the ocean can start XY dub simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    20/10 post.^

Anyways I still see this entire arc getting the DP special treatment AKA not being dubbed so both sides of the ocean can start XY dub simultaneously.
    There's no need for that. Just have Episode N episodes air in bunches or even these. Like a new episode everyday for a week kinda deal.

The dub being simultaneous with the Japanese version would be amazing.

Fansubs are slow, dubs are even slower and having an official subbed simultaneous broadcast seems like an impossibility. So a fast dub would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

No they wouldn't.

They don't reveal everything when it's first revealed.

How many times do I have to keep arguing this?

And yet absolutely nothing happened in Episode N, except N glorification and Team Plasma.

And one doesn't exclude the other. Because if you honestly think that Ash would pass up a chance to enter a battle tournament just to go to some islands, you have got to be kidding me.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

No they wouldn't.

And yet absolutely nothing happened in Episode N, except N glorification and Team Plasma.

And one doesn't exclude the other. Because if you honestly think that Ash would pass up a chance to enter a battle tournament just to go to some islands, you have got to be kidding me.
    They don't announce everything but they do announce this stuff usually if there was an important tournament, we would have seen an island aluding to that, like I said, I hope there is but no it doesn't look like that.

I was talking about the DA arc not the N arc, still the N arc is basicly an exploring, adventuring arc also, with a villan team, they decided to go explore the White Ruins and then meet N on the way, they objective was to have an adventure purelly, not to go to the Pokemon league like the first arc, what happened is what was supposed to happen focus on N and TP and thats how it should go since it was a short arc, when I though it was a big arc till September I asked for a tournament somewhere in the middle but no the arc was small and focused on N and TP, that was a good choice as far as I'm conerned.

I don't know how many times you argueed or want to keep arguing(I'm going to shut up about it now) but it can happen, I'm saying its not likelly because they probably would announce the only battling thing we are getting in the arc not that there is no way it will happen.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 9th April 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    There's no need for that. Just have Episode N episodes air in bunches or even these. Like a new episode everyday for a week kinda deal.
    When was the last time such a thing happened? BF?

When was the last time such a thing happened? BF?
    At least it has happened before. Unlike what you want to happen. They've never skipped an arc in the dub. They won't start doing it in Season 16/17.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    At least it has happened before. Unlike what you want to happen. They've never skipped an arc in the dub. They won't start doing it in Season 16/17.
    It's very doubtful they would want to air all those fillers when XY is coming out simultaneously worldwide I'm betting the TCG will also follow suit.

It's very doubtful they would want to air all those fillers when XY is coming out simultaneously worldwide I'm betting the TCG will also follow suit.
    But as far as I'm concerned the videogames and the TCG have nothing to do with the anime. Those things have never influenced the anime before in things like skipping an entire arc. Those are 2 completely different things.
    Besides, and more importantly, we don't know if this arc is COMPLETELY filler. And we know that it most likely isn't.
    -Butterfree's return.
    -Profesor Oak capturing Rotom.
    -Clair episode.
    -Iris and Cilan departure.

Those things aren't fillers and it would leave a big plot hole in the Dub if they skipped it. Like Rotom appearing out of nowhere in Oak's lab from now on, or people not knowing why and when Iris and Cilan left. And the dub watchers wouldn't be able to see Butterfree's return and an entire arc with Charizard in Ash's team.

So, let's be real here. The Dub won't skip this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    But as far as I'm concerned the videogames and the TCG have nothing to do with the anime. Those things have never influenced the anime before in things like skipping an entire arc. Those are 2 completely different things.
    Besides, and more importantly, we don't know if this arc is COMPLETELY filler. And we know that it most likely isn't.
    -Butterfree's return.
    -Profesor Oak capturing Rotom.
    -Clair episode.
    -Iris and Cilan departure.

Those things aren't fillers and it would leave a big plot hole in the Dub if they skipped it. Like Rotom appearing out of nowhere in Oak's lab from now on, or people not knowing why and when Iris and Cilan left. And the dub watchers wouldn't be able to see Butterfree's return and an entire arc with Charizard in Ash's team.

So, let's be real here. The Dub won't skip this arc.
    First of all the anime is dependent on the video games for survival. Imagine the games as a dog and the anime being the fleas that live on it. If the dog drowns so does the fleas and where the dog goes the fleas go. As it is the purpose here is solely to promote the games. As it is there are still 15 more episodes on the dub before dekorola would even be an option and during the same time the japanese version would have cranked out far more episodes than it would be possible for the dub to handle unless they pulled double duty for months AFTER XY would be out in English. As of now I am pretty sure they are not considering doubling up for episode N.

As for your assertion of specific plot points that are non filler and very important.

Butter free- if ash just sees it in its new home and it is not captured Which is certain then it won't have any real impact and can be undubbed.

Oak- When Ash returns to Kanto it's just there. No explanation needed.

Clair- unless she gives a character a Pokemon or takes one away for training it still wouldn't be any difference.

Departures- give them a new 30 seconds of leaving fame at the end of episode N.

You do realize how hard it would be to air the dubbed version close to the Japanese one right? It is not worth it. They are not skipping it. Get it out of your mind.

Edit: However I'll humor you. If they do air XY near the same time, they still wouldn't skip this arc. There will be important episodes in this arc that are probably unskippable. Take the Clair episode for example. If Iris decides to go to Blackthorn after meeting Clair like some people think, they can't skip the Clair episode. There has never been a true "filler" arc in the anime anyways. Why would this one be one?
    Last edited by diakyu; 10th April 2013 at 3:45 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You do realize how hard it would be to air the dubbed version close to the Japanese one right? It is not worth it. They are not skipping it. Get it out of your mind.

Edit: However I'll humor you. If they do air XY near the same time, they still wouldn't skip this arc. There will be important episodes in this arc that are probably unskippable. Take the Clair episode for example. If Iris decides to go to Blackthorn after meeting Clair like some people think, they can't skip the Clair episode. There has never been a true "filler" arc in the anime anyways. Why would this one be one?
    They don't have to do it onscreen, just have iris say shes leaving for blackthorn city. Ash should known why.

They don't have to do it onscreen, just have iris say shes leaving for blackthorn city. Ash should known why.
    I don't believe they will skip the dub either. It doesn't make sense because as I saw in other post it leaves too many holes in the story when the story starts in Kanto and Episode N ends with them traveling to the Dekorla islands. So if you say Ash alone or with either a returning character or a new character with little explanation many people who don't watch the original japanese would be confused. The way I see it if the dub didnt skip the orange island arc where it was only useful for Pokemon 2k the movie and Charizard finally listening to Ash i dont see them skipping this.

Every time someone goes to Johto, they're never heard from again. It's creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I don't believe they will skip the dub either. It doesn't make sense because as I saw in other post it leaves too many holes in the story when the story starts in Kanto and Episode N ends with them traveling to the Dekorla islands. So if you say Ash alone or with either a returning character or a new character with little explanation many people who don't watch the original japanese would be confused. The way I see it if the dub didnt skip the orange island arc where it was only useful for Pokemon 2k the movie and Charizard finally listening to Ash i dont see them skipping this.
    The amount of press and exposure such a landmark move would bring more than outweighs the miniscule drawbacks of iris not getting a proper send off.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Every time someone goes to Johto, they're never heard from again. It's creepy.
    I know right?

No they wouldn't.

I agree that they didn't have to announce a tournament, but I don't think it'll happen personally.

I think Episode N was more than that. I think the "N glorification" isn't glorification but just the anime showing off a character from the games who has a different view of Pokemon than Ash does and to just generally show off a different point of view from what we've already seen.

And since the anime usually sticks to the games, I think the Ash N co. clash with Team Plasma fits in with what the games did(obviously).

Wait, some people think there will be a simultaneous dub release? HA! Sorry, but I don't think that will ever happen. They might want to have a simultaneous release for information and the release of X and Y, but for the anime? Why? Just, why?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast