Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 1567

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

  1. #576
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Trip will forever go down as having the worst send off for a rival ever
    He'd also most likely have the reputation as Ash's worst rival ever which I completely disagree with.

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    He'd also most likely have the reputation as Ash's worst rival ever which I completely disagree with.
    One could say Gary was, but nostalgia fans everywhere would swarm the site...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    He'd also most likely have the reputation as Ash's worst rival ever which I completely disagree with.
    Well, considering only Gary and Paul as Ash's other rivals, then Trip is definitely and without a shadow of doubt, the worst. Both in terms of battling and personality-rivalry development. But if you considers others like Ritchie, etc a rival, then he might not be the worst.

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Well, considering only Gary and Paul as Ash's other rivals, then Trip is definitely and without a shadow of doubt, the worst. Both in terms of battling and personality-rivalry development. But if you considers others like Ritchie, etc a rival, then he might not be the worst.
    I was including the League rivals and Bianca and Stephan when I made that statement. I think Trip is better than Bianca, Stephan and all his League rivals.

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Well, considering only Gary and Paul as Ash's other rivals, then Trip is definitely and without a shadow of doubt, the worst. Both in terms of battling and personality-rivalry development. But if you considers others like Ritchie, etc a rival, then he might not be the worst.
    Gary and Paul were interesting as they sacrificed a bit of one development for the other, Gary had more of a personality, but was less of a battler because he didn't focus on a core group of Pokemon outside of Blastoise and Eevee/Umbreon, while Paul had less of a dominant personality but was by far the most skillful rival in terms of battle tactics and training. Trip, as you said, lacked both that made each of the other rivals memorable. Ritchie sucked though if he's considered a rival (though I'd place him above Cameron)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I was including the League rivals and Bianca and Stephan when I made that statement. I think Trip is better than Bianca, Stephan and all his League rivals.
    Stephan got treated far better then Trip
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  6. #581
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Stephan got treated far better then Trip
    I don't disagree with that but I still found Trip more interesting.

  7. #582
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Stephan got treated far better then Trip
    That's why I never really liked Stefan. He debuted as a character of the day and became a rival practically out of nowhere. He stole screen-time from my good sis Trip and became even more of a threat than him too. I still can't forgive the writers for how Trip was treated; I wanted the second-coming of Paul, but all I got was a male Casey. Boring. I hope Trip gets some screen-time in this arc. I just want to see him one last time before he disappears forever.

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Gary and Paul were interesting as they sacrificed a bit of one development for the other, Gary had more of a personality, but was less of a battler because he didn't focus on a core group of Pokemon outside of Blastoise and Eevee/Umbreon, while Paul had less of a dominant personality but was by far the most skillful rival in terms of battle tactics and training. Trip, as you said, lacked both that made each of the other rivals memorable. Ritchie sucked though if he's considered a rival (though I'd place him above Cameron)


    Stephan got treated far better then Trip
    Exactly what I meant. Ritchie wasn't skillfull at all in terms of battling, but developed a nice friendship with Ash, something Cameron didn't. Besides, Cameron hasn't shown to be a very good trainer neither (sending Ferrothorn against Pignite and Swanna against Pikachu, haha). So I'd place Ritchie above Cameron too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I was including the League rivals and Bianca and Stephan when I made that statement. I think Trip is better than Bianca, Stephan and all his League rivals.
    If we include Ritchie, Harrison, Tyson, Morrison, Barry, Nando, Conway, Bianca, Stephan and Cameron. Then Trip is not the worst, but not the best neither. I think from that list: Harrison is better, Stephan had better development, Conway uses more strategy in his battles, therefore being most skillfull trainer, etc. But, if you meant including all those, Trip isn't the worst, I agree. But he is definitely below Paul and Gary.

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    I suppose morrison is the worst. No upstanding trainer should be losing half their team to a corphish -________________________________-

  10. #585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I suppose morrison is the worst. No upstanding trainer should be losing half their team to a corphish -________________________________-
    the battle with beldum was good though. meaning when it envovled.
    岩根雅明=♡

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I suppose morrison is the worst. No upstanding trainer should be losing half their team to a corphish -________________________________-
    Morrison didn't singlehandedly ruin a League like Cameron did though.

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I suppose morrison is the worst. No upstanding trainer should be losing half their team to a corphish -________________________________-
    Maybe the weakest, but not the worst. I didn't like him either, but he's still no Tobias or Cameron.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  13. #588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Maybe the weakest, but not the worst. I didn't like him either, but he's still no Tobias or Cameron.
    Takuto wasn't a rival I think. If he was, based on that battle I'd say he was the best one. ;p
    岩根雅明=♡

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    I don't even think Morrison is the weakest. The weakest would probably be Bianca, Barry or Casey. Once he got a hold of himself, he did well against Ash.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Takuto wasn't a rival I think. If he was, based on that battle I'd say he was the best one. ;p
    Tobias is indeed considered a rival in the fandom.

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    the battle with beldum was good though. meaning when it envovled.
    It was the last of a 6v6..that battle must have been the template they used for tobias.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Morrison didn't singlehandedly ruin a League like Cameron did though.
    Well Ash ruined himself by helping him register.

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Maybe the weakest, but not the worst. I didn't like him either, but he's still no Tobias or Cameron.
    He at least could have pwned Ash in style.

  16. #591
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I suppose morrison is the worst. No upstanding trainer should be losing half their team to a corphish -________________________________-
    This is the anime, where stage doesn't matter. Also, Corphish is considered one of Ash's better Pokemon...

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  17. #592
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    This is the anime, where stage doesn't matter. Also, Corphish is considered one of Ash's better Pokemon...
    What do you mean by one of the best? btw are we talking about powerlevles again?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Kotetsu and his troll Samurott will crash it
    , Samurott doesn't have an Hotachi, thats probably why Oshawott and Dewott are the ones participating, the Hotachi is that small shell they have.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th March 2013 at 9:10 PM.

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    What do you mean by one of the best? btw are we talking about powerlevles again?



    , Samurott doesn't have an Hotachi, thats probably why Oshawott and Dewott are the ones participating, the Hotachi is that small shell they have.
    Meh, he has a sword lol, same shiz...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  19. #594
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    What do you mean by one of the best? btw are we talking about powerlevles again?
    I said better, in regard to its performance, wins and not being a Unova/Johto Pokemon.

    breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

  20. #595
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, he has a sword lol, same shiz...
    Hotachi island, Hotachi king, not an Hotachi thats why I meant Samurotts are probably not appearing, Kotetsu isn't appearing anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I said better, in regard to its performance, wins and not being a Unova/Johto Pokemon.
    Not like most pokemon from Johto or Isshu can be considered weaker then Corpish but if you are talking about wins I guess so, even though I don't actually know Corpish record of the top of my head, I like the little dude though, on top of being one of the few pokemon from Hoenn that I didn't need to see in the anime to like, the personality made him fun to watch.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th March 2013 at 9:32 PM.

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hotachi island, Hotachi king, not an Hotachi thats why I meant Samurotts are probably not appearing, Kotetsu isn't appearing anyway.



    Not like most pokemon from Johto or Isshu can be considered weaker then Corpish but if you are talking about wins I guess so, even though I don't actually know Corpish record of the top of my head, I like the little dude though, on top of being one of the few pokemon from Hoenn that I didn't need to see in the anime to like, the personality made him fun to watch.
    Which is why it was crossed out lol.

    Corphish one of Ash's better pokemon(unless your P2).
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Here's how it goes down.
    "Ash, you called dawn and didn't even tell me? How could you betray your waifu like this? *starts crying*
    "Well maybe if you treated me like an adult I wouldn't have a reason to talk with dawn."
    Pleeeease, Ash doesn't even know the definition of the word "love". Look at his poor mother is a good example and all the beautiful and sexy girls that he traveled with. I also watched the episode where Piplup fall in love with a Marill in DP Series and Ash completely denied the existence of love between Pokémon.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 18th March 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt account

  23. #598
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    "Well maybe if you treated me like an adult I wouldn't have a reason to talk with dawn."
    I can't be the only one who noticed the irony in this. But honestly, has Ash ever seriously argued with one of his traveling companions before? I mean I wonder what Ash could have done to Iris to make her mad, although I suppose that he could have pointed out how Axew constantly gets lost. I'm starting to wonder if the Ash vs. Iris thing is just meant to create hype and will only be a very small part of this arc. Regardless, I'm siding with Iris no matter what because she always spills the truth tea.

  24. #599
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Then there shouldn't be a cross out option now should there??

    Pokemonsquared lol.
    I don't really use it but it can be there, making a post and crossing the entire thing and not write anything else was my point, don't worry I was joking with you anyway.

    No I'm not trolling(if thats what you mean by pokemonsquared), like I said I don't really play with the powerlevel dumb argument but I think its basicly, a few pokemon have looked the strongest of their bunch and the others are just a big herd of stuff in the same strenght and plot can make a diferent one become that type of pokemon at any time.

    So basicly Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile and maybe Snorlax can kinda be considered the strongest ones, the others are all the same to me.

    I'm going to repeat myself but the only pokemon that probably dind't get to show he was strong and decent in his own region was Squirtle but then plot made him pretty damn strong when figthing in the pyramid.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 18th March 2013 at 11:44 PM.

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I can't be the only one who noticed the irony in this. But honestly, has Ash ever seriously argued with one of his traveling companions before? I mean I wonder what Ash could have done to Iris to make her mad, although I suppose that he could have pointed out how Axew constantly gets lost. I'm starting to wonder if the Ash vs. Iris thing is just meant to create hype and will only be a very small part of this arc. Regardless, I'm siding with Iris no matter what because she always spills the truth tea.
    Did he seriously argue? Yes.

    Did it ever last longer than 10 minutes at a time? No

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •