Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1567

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    With most 'storydriven' I mean the following arcs in that series that pushed the series:
    1. Ash vs. Paul/Chimchar-storyline:
    - This storyline drove Ash to grow and excel and to question his own methods.
    - The thing is that almost everything that happened to Ash had something to do with his rivalry with Paul, and the entire DP-saga can be considered as Ash vs. Paul.
    - The rivalry lead to factual developments in character and team. Chimchar joining Ash, Turtwig's development, etc.
    - We actually got a backstory on a rival, and a personality fully structured based on more then just a flashback.
    2. Dawn stepping out of the shadow of her mother's success.
    - Dawn's story was very much about stepping out on her own.
    - Of course she failed a few times and lost confidence that she could be a good coordinator in her own right, this lead to her challenging Maylene, a new gymleader that didn't know for sure if she was able to take up the mantle herself.
    - This was again suggested when Dawn had to go up against that coordinator from her mother's generation with the Delcatty.

All in all, I think DP had the most narrative elements throughout the saga that drove it forwards. For instance, if Paul was Trip, then we wouldn't have the Ash vs. Paul storyline which questioned ideals and methods and Ash wouldn't have had gotten as strong as he did in Sinnoh. An elaborate storyelement such as the Ash/Paul rivalry really can drive a saga, which is what happened in DP. It made it a well told story, without leaving much as just random or as an excuse. Yes it was a big saga, bit it also had the most content that mattered in that sense.

In Best Wishes, the only thing this is happening for is Iris. Her story is driving up to a point, because of certain elements they put in from the beginning (flashback): Drayden. Which meant that her story was driving towards having to match Drayden at some point. Then her story can be filled in as her quest as how to do that.

With Cilan, none of that has been done. He's just completely random, and I don't see a goal other then just travelling. His initial reason was to learn from Ash, well, we all know he has learned squat from Ash, or at least hasn't used any of what he supposedly has learned.

Concerning AG, I don't really recall a storyline of Ash being a mentor to May, or that being what drove him throughout the series.. It's just a side effect that happened because Ash was travelling while May was portrayed as being indecisive and uninformed compared to Max. In a sense, you can say that AG was a 'setting out'-story for May, and that Ash played a part in it. But in that sense, we would be dismissing Ash as the maincharacter..

The thing is they never changed between OI, AG and DP, so it's basically a stab at DP for something that has nothing to do with it in particular, and borders on bashing.. *not a fan of the term in this sense, people always tell me that I bash Cilan when I say that I don't like him, but that's another issue..

And why 'lol'? It just is.. In DP, both main characters had a storyline other then "I want to enter the league" that drove them forwards, made them excel and questioned themselves at times.
    - OI: Almost none other then I want to be the best.
    - AG: May had a story that drove her to some extent, Ash didn't until Morrison came along for about 30 episodes max.
    - DP: Both Ash and Dawn had an elaborate storyline that forced them to grow along the entire series.
    - BW: Only Iris had a bit of a storyline going on, having to match up to Drayden at some point, but Ash doesn't and is back to his AG ways of just collecting badges for the heck of it.
    Spot on!

I agree with every single letter in your post. The only reason I still watch DP episodes is because of elaborate story-line built around it.

Face it, had Ash's character ever been tested as much as he was by Paul? Almost every Pokemon of Ash has been developed well in DP.

Except for Starly, each of his Pokemon had its own story line as they grew up to their final stages (except Buizel the rest four evolved, a significant achievement for Ash). All of his DP Pokemon were memorable.

Can we say the same about BW?

Oshawott: He has the most personality of all his Pokemon, but I haven't seen any growth since ages.

Pignite: Perhaps the only Pokemon that was slightly developed.

Snivy: They showed her to have a unique characterization at first, but completely ignored her after it.

Scraggy: Aside from Focus Blast, where was his development?

Less should be spoken about the reserves. They received the worst treatment ever since Kingler.

Best Wishes was poorly planned. They had some wonderful ideas that could have kicked any saga's ***, but they managed to fail each and every of them. At this point, I am utterly confused as for why I am watching this show.

Of course I am not saying DP deserves a 10/10 or something. It had far too many flaws like the sub plots were heavily reliant on TR. In fact TR became extremely annoying by the end of DP.

Ash and Dawn had good character development, but Brock on the other hand was poorly treated.

And not to mention the saga was extremely long and so seemed boring at many points.(remember the fifty episodes gap between the 7th and 8th?)

After seeing Best Wishes though, I'd perhaps say I would rather bear the long and tedious arcs of DP than see an improperly written, extremely rushed saga like Best Wishes.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I agree that they didn't have to announce a tournament, but I don't think it'll happen personally.

I think Episode N was more than that. I think the "N glorification" isn't glorification but just the anime showing off a character from the games who has a different view of Pokemon than Ash does and to just generally show off a different point of view from what we've already seen.

And since the anime usually sticks to the games, I think the Ash N co. clash with Team Plasma fits in with what the games did(obviously).

Wait, some people think there will be a simultaneous dub release? HA! Sorry, but I don't think that will ever happen. They might want to have a simultaneous release for information and the release of X and Y, but for the anime? Why? Just, why?
    I'm just saying, that calling Dekolora Island Adventure solely about adventuring is kind of stupid on the assumption that there can't be battles.

Isn't that what happens in every generation, an adventure. Ash adventuring through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova.

That didn't happen?

Just because you have an end goal doesn't mean you don't go on a journey or adventure and vice versa.

That's all I'm saying.

It's ridiculous to claim this as solely adventuring, why at the same time saying "No, there won't be a battle tournament, Dekolora Islands, isn't about that."

And yet that same logic can be applied to all other tournament (excluding the Pokemon league).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

If writers want to catch up for the US version (the first dub that usually comes) releasing in October they need to stop Best Wishes at the 1st part of August.

Because we need that TV Tokyo will have a time slot for the anime (considering that TV Tokyo continues for XY) each Thursday and they can't do more than 3 weeks of break with specials (movie that requires 2 weeks and specials like the TR one last year), there's two possibilities of catch up in the anime:

-Doing a series of specials without Ash in August and September. The dub, if they are included in Adventures of Unova, don't have to dub it if they want to air before XY because doesn't interrupt the main story.

-Starting the XY anime "early". Now it's feasible because we don't know episodes on August or September and could appear that DA is finished if all the episodes happen before August. The dub could need a week of 2-3 episodes to fully catch up which is more plausible and probable.

-Doing like always. However, the possibility of a sneak peek would be high (many countries in Europe do it during Black and White release; ie, this is releasing the first episodes, continue to the end of the series and start from Episode 1 the new one).

Skipping Decolora Adventure is completely unnecessary and caused a big plot hole (specially on Iris and Cilan not being with Ash) in the series that the writers will try to evade.

Don't understimate the worldwide release. This is important enough to do things in the anime.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 10th April 2013 at 7:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    If writers want to catch up for the US version (the first dub that usually comes) releasing in October they need to stop Best Wishes at the 1st part of August.

Because we need that TV Tokyo will have a time slot for the anime (considering that TV Tokyo continues for XY) each Thursday and they can't do more than 3 weeks of break with specials (movie that requires 2 weeks and specials like the TR one last year), there's two possibilities of catch up in the anime:

-Doing a series of specials without Ash in August and September. The dub, if they are included in Adventures of Unova, don't have to dub it if they want to air before XY because doesn't interrupt the main story.

-Starting the XY anime "early". Now it's feasible because we don't know episodes on August or September and could appear that DA is finished if all the episodes happen before August. The dub could need a week of 2-3 episodes to fully catch up which is more plausible and probable.

-Doing like always. However, the possibility of a sneak peek would be high (many countries in Europe do it during Black and White release; ie, this is releasing the first episodes, continue to the end of the series and start from Episode 1 the new one).

Skipping Decolora Adventure is completely unnecessary and caused a big plot hole (specially on Iris and Cilan not being with Ash) in the series that the writers will try to evade

Not that it really matters anyway since it's going to take weeks to dub an episode (maybe a week at the minimum), but unless there's some evolutions in the DA arc, all they really need is to show the only important episodes of Decolora islands.

The first episode (and any following episode that might be connected to just that one), then the goodbye of Iris and Cilan.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

They won't take a massive hiatus just to accommodate the dub

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They won't take a massive hiatus just to accommodate the dub
    Exactly. Spot on.

Why would they stop milking a cow that generates money? lol.

Anyways, I really don't think the JP will slow down or hiatus just for the American Dub. The Dubs of different countries are at different pacing as of now. It's all up to the dubs themselves to decide. American Dub isn't the only version besides Japanese.

Anyways, skipping a large chunk of episodes is kind of a bad idea too. Is Oshawott vs Dewott an 'important' episode? As far as we know, Oshawott would pretty much not evolve. So is it important? How about the Rotom episode? What if Rotom makes another appearance with Oak later in the saga and kids scratch their heads wondering why Oak got a Rotom for free out of nowhere. And the Cilan episode? Will that be skipped? We don't even know the contents of certain episodes (Combee, Eevee etc etc) so I personally think is unrealistic to skip out multiple episodes.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Exactly. Spot on.

Why would they stop milking a cow that generates money? lol.

Anyways, I really don't think the JP will slow down or hiatus just for the American Dub. The Dubs of different countries are at different pacing as of now. It's all up to the dubs themselves to decide. American Dub isn't the only version besides Japanese.
    You nailed it.cash-cow.jpg
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I really hope we get a little tournament here. It would really be interesting and with some recurring characters from past gens it could raise the ratings probably.

Ash needs a win to re Light his fire. I would love a tournament with Ritchie, Paul or Barry, Cameron or Virgil and Harrison and Bel for sure.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I really hope we get a little tournament here. It would really be interesting and with some recurring characters from past gens it could raise the ratings probably.

Ash needs a win to re Light his fire. I would love a tournament with Ritchie, Paul or Barry, Cameron or Virgil and Harrison and Bel for sure.
    Maybe he could battle gary in one last don tournament.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I don't want him to end on a loss again.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    He defeated Gary already in a big one. I want him to defeat someone againts he never won.

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    He defeated Gary already in a big one. I want him to defeat someone againts he never won.
    Kotetsu would be a good choice. Pignite vs Lucario or something

My personal wish is Ritchie cause it was a pretty sloppy win. But Koetetsu would be a nice one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    Kotetsu would be a good choice. Pignite vs Lucario or something
    Snivy vs lucario would be better, because Snivy deserved to win. damn evolutions during battles :P its kinda ironic ash lost because of a midbattle evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Snivy vs lucario would be better, because Snivy deserved to win. damn evolutions during battles :P its kinda ironic ash lost because of a midbattle evolution.
    That is pretty ironic indeed because snivy was beating Riolu badly. But thats what happens to Ash when he battles people that are similar to him.

Karma is a *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    That is pretty ironic indeed because snivy was beating Riolu badly. But thats what happens to Ash when he battles people that are similar to him.
    Ash should have had Palpitoad or Boldore evolve in the middle of the battle lol

Ash should have had Palpitoad or Boldore evolve in the middle of the battle lol
    Or at least have Leavanny pummel Hydreigon.

Okay, this is getting off-topic, so... I wonder if Iris and Cilan are just following Ash to lessen the farewell at the end, if they do leave.

I am sure they will both have reasons to leave like iris training with Clair so she can take over Drayden's gym. Dent will find some reason to leave im sure or maybe they will just write him off like they did to Brock with Prof. Ivy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    I am sure they will both have reasons to leave like iris training with Clair so she can take over Drayden's gym. Dent will find some reason to leave im sure or maybe they will just write him off like they did to Brock with Prof. Ivy lol.
    Cilan will be tracey's assistant.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

What's with this Tracey's assisstant deal? :/

I THOUGHT IT WAS ESTABLISHED HE WAS BAD WITH MANUAL LABOR.

If he's getting off the show, he'd clearly go back to his Gym.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Dent is bad with manual labor and I dont see him working with Oak...UNLESS they bring Kenji/Tracey back and i pray they don't. I would like them to bring back Dawn,May, or Brock but no tracey.....

seems pretty intersting. i was wondering what the anime will do while we wait another six months for X and Y. Iris and Ash breaking their friendship. probably a misunderstanding i imagine

Dento being bad at manaual labor? Who do you think carries around the table, chairs, coooking equipment, and food for the team? Walking across unova with 300 pounds of stuff will make anyone fit.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Dento being bad at manaual labor? Who do you think carries around the table, chairs, coooking equipment, and food for the team? Walking across unova with 300 pounds of stuff will make anyone fit.
    thats funny but you know they mastered subspace and carry everything in there bags no matter the weight.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast