Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1567

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Johto: 8/14 =57% of possible stages reached (during its saga) (33% fully evolved)
    Hoenn: 9/10=90% (80% fully evolved)
    Sinnoh:13/16=81% (67% fully evolved)
    Unova:18/26=69% (33% fully evolved)

Hence, Unova is the 'next Johto' in that it has the lowest proportion of evolved Pokemon on the team since Johto. It is laughable that on Ash's Unova team of 10 Pokemon (including Pikachu), 3 are totally unevolved (a disgraceful thing for a league competitor) and only 3 are in their final stage. That is laughable. Excluding Pikachu, only 33% of Pokemon are fully evolved, exactly the same as Unova. Have you ever tried battling the elite four when two thirds of your team is not fully evolved? I know anime≠games but the anime is supposed to represent the games in some way!

I agree the starters are made too much of, don't think I approve of that. My point is just that if we are going to have the starters rammed down our throats, the least the writers can do is evolve them. If the only Pokemon that are fully evolved are the ones we virtually never see (e.g. Krookodile, Unfezant and Leavanny) then the effect of having so many Pokemon not evolving is made even worse!

Another point I made is that, in the way that the Johto team was poorly handled, and so Pokemon have been evolved in subsequent generations (e.g. Donphan and Quilava), perhaps the Unova team will be treated in the same way. Perhaps in the Generation 7 saga, Palpitoad will evolve and Snivy in Gen 8.
    Unova is only 3 years long and Ash has more Unova Pokémon than he did Sinnoh or Hoenn. Comparing them by percentage is completely unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Ash´s Johto Team: 3 evolutions (by now)
    Ash´s Unova Team: 7 evolutions, what is laughable about that?

People tends to give the starters more importance than they really have (¬_¬).
    Maybe the fact that ash had just 6 johto pokemon, but unova gave him 10...
    Also, in johto, noctowl was already evolved, and heracross couldn't evolve, but for unova all his pokemon, except scraggy have a 3 stage evolution line, so it's natural unova got more evolutions, but still seems very mishandled...
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynun View Post
    Them being unevolved has nothing to do with what? Them being unevolved has everything to do with me being irritated that they are unevolved, surely!?

Yes I know that they will still hardly be seen but they should still evolve because the might be used in future series and his current Unova team is laughable. Its the next Johto team, that every generation after it will need to improve upon, evolution by evolution!
    But what if they did evolve and till weren't doing jack?! Remember Buizel? It was strong at first but the writers kept making it lose later on down the road. Suppose Oshawott was treated like that, then would evolution matter? And Snivy was always a serious battle pokemon. She won most of her battles and didn't like to take non sense. How would that change her any more than she is already/ The more I keep listening to rants like this, the more I don't care if his two evolve or not. And if you really want to laugh, then Scraggy should be in your mind as well. It just looks pathetic.

My ideal battle ever!

Because I have a spare minute, and want to do something completely pointless.

Going back from the Unova region to the Kanto region, Ash and his friends go on a great adventure on the Dekorola Archipelago! (Apirl 25th)
    Getting chased by Beedrill (May 2nd)
    Getting chased by gigantic Heatmor (May 23rd??)
    What?! Say goodbye to Oshawott?! (May 16th)
    Also, everyone gets turned into a Beheeyem?! (June ??)
    There's more! An encoutner with a mythical Pokémon?! (June 27th)
    Could it be?! Iris and Ash break off their friendship?! And Team Rocket watches, smirking...?! (June/July ??)
    Laughs! (All throughout DA) Tears!(Sayonara?) Treasures?! (July 4th)

We've gotten previews, or general air-dates for all these episodes aside from the Ash/Iris centric episode, the "Tears" episode, and Treasure episode (though we do have an air-date for this one). Seems they are showing off previews for the episodes within the first two months?
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 21st April 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    Unova is only 3 years long and Ash has more Unova Pokémon than he did Sinnoh or Hoenn. Comparing them by percentage is completely unfair.
    Hence why I always say that the writers shouldn't give Ash more Pokemon than they can be bothered to dedicate time to. I think comparing by percentages is far more fair given there were different numbers of Pokemon on the different teams.
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    But what if they did evolve and till weren't doing jack?! Remember Buizel? It was strong at first but the writers kept making it lose later on down the road. Suppose Oshawott was treated like that, then would evolution matter? And Snivy was always a serious battle pokemon. She won most of her battles and didn't like to take non sense. How would that change her any more than she is already/ The more I keep listening to rants like this, the more I don't care if his two evolve or not. And if you really want to laugh, then Scraggy should be in your mind as well. It just looks pathetic.
    The only time Snivy has ever won her battles facing serious evolved Pokemon (Cinccino is not serious) is with the help of Attract. Every time the moves been countered or not used, she's lost miserably. I hardly call her a serious battler at that point
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The only time Snivy has ever won her battles facing serious evolved Pokemon (Cinccino is not serious) is with the help of Attract. Every time the moves been countered or not used, she's lost miserably. I hardly call her a serious battler at that point
    She's more better than Pikachu was in the beginning. Let's not make tis about evolution because it's not. Ever since loses started showing up from both ends of each pokemon, somehow they need to evolve in order to stop that? I don't think so. Remember Torterra? So evolution doesn't matter. The writers need to get off their butts and do some better jobs creating battle wins for those two. Look at Pikachu, it's small unevolved and is strong as well. If it's okay for him to be tiny, then it's okay for some other pokemon as well.

My ideal battle ever!

She's more better than Pikachu was in the beginning. Let's not make tis about evolution because it's not. Ever since loses started showing up from both ends of each pokemon, somehow they need to evolve in order to stop that? I don't think so. Remember Torterra? So evolution doesn't matter. The writers need to get off their butts and do some better jobs creating battle wins for those two. Look at Pikachu, it's small unevolved and is strong as well. If it's okay for him to be tiny, then it's okay for some other pokemon as well.
    No, she needs it because she's Ash's stalest Pokemon to ever exist. And your bringing Pikachu and Torterra into a talk about Snivy? Torterra was forced into losing battles, it had the advantage against all three of Volkner's Pokemon so it had to get taken down, it lost to Bertha because she's an Elite 4 member, and it lost to Drapion because I guess Gliscor had to show off it's talents against the Scorpion instead of the flying ninja bug. As for Pikachu, it's the mascot of the franchise, no reason to evolve, no reason to lose a majority of it's toughest battles.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I highly expect an episode in the islands where Snivy gets fed up of Ash once she starts thinking about his disastrous battles and PROBABLY his lack of attention for her in general.

Alas, this is too dark for the series.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I highly expect an episode in the islands where Snivy gets fed up of Ash once she starts thinking about his disastrous battles and PROBABLY his lack of attention for her in general.

Its not even about being dark but being a lie actually, he doesn't care for Snivy, the same way he wasn't training Palpitoad and Leavanny for the league I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

I'd like that, it was established when ash caught snivy that snivy sometimes abandon their trainers if they aren't strong enough, and it was reaffirmed in the tepig evolution episode. It would be a nice storyline to hopefully make snivy learn a new move or evolve
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

No, she needs it because she's Ash's stalest Pokemon to ever exist. And your bringing Pikachu and Torterra into a talk about Snivy? Torterra was forced into losing battles, it had the advantage against all three of Volkner's Pokemon so it had to get taken down, it lost to Bertha because she's an Elite 4 member, and it lost to Drapion because I guess Gliscor had to show off it's talents against the Scorpion instead of the flying ninja bug. As for Pikachu, it's the mascot of the franchise, no reason to evolve, no reason to lose a majority of it's toughest battles.
    Someone forgot about Totodile lol. All he did was dance, yet Snivy is the stalest.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Its not even about being dark but being a lie actually, he doesn't care for Snivy, the same way he wasn't training Palpitoad and Leavanny for the league I guess.
    Ash trained leavanny and palpitoad off screen. did you watch Ash vs Stephan at all. Krookidile also learn aerial Ace off screen for the first time Aerial Ace was always an on screen training subplot.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Someone forgot about Totodile lol. All he did was dance, yet Snivy is the stalest.
    Hey! Totodile was amazing. find me another water starter that dances on the corpse of it defeated foes. (Whirl cup)

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    Hey! Totodile was amazing. find me another water starter that dances on the corpse of it defeated foes. (Whirl cup)
    That doesn't make him any less stale. Snivy has a good personality too.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

That doesn't make him any less stale. Snivy has a good personality too.
    Perhaps in your opinion. Totodile was by far my favorite so I will accept the agrument I am biased. I also enjoy Snivy she is ash's only strategy pokemon Ash isnt much a thinking man for the most part.

Perhaps in your opinion. Totodile was by far my favorite so I will accept the agrument I am biased. I also enjoy Snivy she is ash's only strategy pokemon Ash isnt much a thinking man for the most part.
    You don't get it, you can love a character and it still be stale. I love Brock for instance but I can't deny how badly stale he was.

Totodile and every ash water pokemon in general besides squirtle and palpitoad sort of became stale in way
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Totodile and every ash water pokemon in general besides squirtle and palpitoad sort of became stale in way
    Palpitoad hasn't been given a chance to be stale lol. Although Corphish never really got stale....

Palpitoad hasn't been given a chance to be stale lol. Although Corphish never really got stale....
    I think corpish kind of got a little stale. It had the now token goofy water type personality and a lot of its battles were made to be funny, lkme of course the league battle where it's confused.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I think corpish kind of got a little stale. It had the now token goofy water type personality and a lot of its battles were made to be funny, lkme of course the league battle where it's confused.
    But he never really was affected by his size or anything. He stayed pretty even the whole time in terms of power level. He didn't get boring to me.

Edit: OMG 10,000 <3!!!

But he never really was affected by his size or anything. He stayed pretty even the whole time in terms of power level. He didn't get boring to me.

Edit: OMG 10,000 <3!!!
    I wasnt a fan of corphish only because he didnt evolve crawdaunt is my 2nd fav dark type behind krookidile so i was sad.

I wasnt a fan of corphish only because he didnt evolve crawdaunt is my 2nd fav dark type behind krookidile so i was sad.
    Me too ....but the little lobster was still epic !!

Stale? What show have you been watching? A lot loved Snivy in the beginning because of it's attitude. And who's to say it won't be even more stale when it evolves? And as I said before, what if Servine would be force to lose it's battles too, than would you stop using the "must evolve pokemon because it's boring to look at" excuse now? And if Pikachu shouldn't evolve, than all of Ash's don't need to evolve either. They just need more wins and better battles like Pikachu has been getting.

My ideal battle ever!

Totodile learned new moves...what has Snivy learned?

Stale? What show have you been watching? A lot loved Snivy in the beginning because of it's attitude. And who's to say it won't be even more stale when it evolves? And as I said before, what if Servine would be force to lose it's battles too, than would you stop using the "must evolve pokemon because it's boring to look at" excuse now? And if Pikachu shouldn't evolve, than all of Ash's don't need to evolve either. They just need more wins and better battles like Pikachu has been getting.
    I'm defending Torterra and your still asking this? Yeah, I think we're done here. Pikachu doesn't justify not evolving, because nothing else Ash captures will never reach that popularity.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 22nd April 2013 at 4:29 PM.

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast