Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Dekorola Adventure! (April 25th)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh ****, cyber was parsially right :O

Told u guys the islands aren't in Unova -_-...

A giant Heatmor?? Da fuq??

Anyways OMG Iris and Dento go to Kanto?! OMG didn't see that coming.
    Don't know if you understood, but they aren't in Kanto this arc. They are going back to Kanto and the islands are in between Unova and Kanto. A few people mess that up, that's why I cleared it. Srry if you didn't xD.

But the islands not being mainland Unova doesn't mean the movie takes place before this arc. The place where Genesect attack could very well by a city located in an island. And I personally think that the movie being in the anime-time line where they'll be in July is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Except Hinoarashi not being able to fly doesn't make him a watered down Lizardon. Hinoarashi has amazing evasive abilities and can battle well under water, Hinoarashi pulled off some ninja-like dodging skills in a lot of his battles, even in his capture episode he showed amazing agility right off the bat. Lizardon hasn't ever shown that amount of speed and agility and Goukazaru is kinda in the same boat as Hinoarashi, faster and more agile than Lizardon minus the ability to battle well under water. So while I do think Lizardon is superior in power, I think in overall athleticism and speed they beat Lizardon. You also can take into consideration that they were traine dfrom beginning to end by Satoshi, compared to Lizardon who likely got a lot of his strength from the Lizafic Valley.
    Kind of agree. But in the last 2 eps we've seen Charizard showing an impressive speed. Like when he flew after Dragonite, chasing him with Dragon tail. Charizard reached the same position in the sky Dragonite reached in a much shorter time. And when both were flying Charizard was shown faster too. Then in the last episode Charizard dodged all Dragonite's attack. So now Charizard might be faster than before. Either way, I see your point.
    Last edited by Lucas MV; 15th March 2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Don't know if you understood, but they aren't in Kanto this arc. They are going back to Kanto and the islands are in between Unova and Kanto. A few people mess that up, that's why I cleared it. Srry if you didn't xD.

But the islands not being mainland Unova doesn't mean the movie takes place before this arc. The place where Genesect attack could very well by a city located in an island. And I personally think that the movie being in the anime-time line where they'll be in July is more likely.
    I'm well aware, I know how to read -_-...that doesn't change the fact that the gang is headed towards Kanto lol.
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 15th March 2013 at 10:16 PM.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Except Hinoarashi not being able to fly doesn't make him a watered down Lizardon. Hinoarashi has amazing evasive abilities and can battle well under water, Hinoarashi pulled off some ninja-like dodging skills in a lot of his battles, even in his capture episode he showed amazing agility right off the bat. Lizardon hasn't ever shown that amount of speed and agility and Goukazaru is kinda in the same boat as Hinoarashi, faster and more agile than Lizardon minus the ability to battle well under water. So while I do think Lizardon is superior in power, I think in overall athleticism and speed they beat Lizardon. You also can take into consideration that they were traine dfrom beginning to end by Satoshi, compared to Lizardon who likely got a lot of his strength from the Lizafic Valley.
    Being able to swim still wouldn't put him on the same level since it too relies on flamethrower spam. And we've seen from yesterday's episode that Charizard too has a lot of speed. It just usually doesn't need to rely on it since it can actually tank something and just shrug it off rather than fall in a heap until Ash tells it to "GET UP PLEASE!" Being able to fly has about the same evasiveness as actual dodging regardless. Furthermore under Ash's control Charizard grew into a very powerful pokemon and charicific valley syndrome would be good for every pokemon. Do you think if Ash found a hidden mountain of peaches where we find a lot of infernapes were training Ash's would suddenly be the best? No it wouldn't. Besides there really wasn't any reason for Ash to have even gotten one outside marketing which could have been done by Brock or Misty and to prevent Ash from outright sweeping Johto. Heck even his companions noted that charizard was waay too powerful, and that was before the writers decided marketing trumps common sense by making him leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Updated the first post with the blurb Haru-kaa provided (thanks!)

Return to Kanto! The long-awaited start of a new chapter!
    Going back from the Unova region to the Kanto region, Ash and his friends have a great adventure on the Dekorola Archipelago! Getting chased by Beedrill, getting chased by gigantic Heatmor...
    What?! Say goodbye to Oshawott?!
    Also, everyone gets turned into a Beheeyem?! There's more! An encoutner with a mythical Pokémon?!
    Could it be?! Iris and Ash break off their friendship?! And Team Rocket watches, smirking...?!
    Laughs! Tears! Treasures?! They set off on their boat trip, visiting various islands!

The text is pretty incoherent but I think it gets the message across
    Wow, this really does look like a fun arc. When was the last time we had people turned into Pokemon, by the way?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Wow, this really does look like a fun arc. When was the last time we had people turned into Pokemon, by the way?
    I remember one in Sinnoh I believe when Barry was here(I think).
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ok, so there is the tournament commentator guy. We might have a tournament after all.
    His microphone looks like Oshawottşs scalchop, so I think it's in the oshawott island in the oshawott episode (maybe theres a tournament only for Oshawott's)

Whoa, all that stuff that has been translated sounds really cool. I can't wait to see it. The ones that are catching my attention is a Hearmor, a giant one at that in Kanto. They lie!! They said Unova Pokemon only live in Unova, well this isn't the first time they've said something like that. And there's everyone turning into a Beheeyem and Satoshi and Iris' friendship. He said "screw the Dragons didn't he?"

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Whoa, all that stuff that has been translated sounds really cool. I can't wait to see it. The ones that are catching my attention is a Hearmor, a giant one at that in Kanto. They lie!! They said Unova Pokemon only live in Unova, well this isn't the first time they've said something like that. And there's everyone turning into a Beheeyem and Satoshi and Iris' friendship. He said "screw the Dragons didn't he?"
    Poor Gible's chomping on a rock without a care in the world lol.

I have a feeling it involves Kibago.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Being able to swim still wouldn't put him on the same level since it too relies on flamethrower spam. And we've seen from yesterday's episode that Charizard too has a lot of speed. It just usually doesn't need to rely on it since it can actually tank something and just shrug it off rather than fall in a heap until Ash tells it to "GET UP PLEASE!" Being able to fly has about the same evasiveness as actual dodging regardless. Furthermore under Ash's control Charizard grew into a very powerful pokemon and charicific valley syndrome would be good for every pokemon. Do you think if Ash found a hidden mountain of peaches where we find a lot of infernapes were training Ash's would suddenly be the best? No it wouldn't. Besides there really wasn't any reason for Ash to have even gotten one outside marketing which could have been done by Brock or Misty and to prevent Ash from outright sweeping Johto. Heck even his companions noted that charizard was waay too powerful, and that was before the writers decided marketing trumps common sense by making him leave.
    Again, I don't think Hinoarashi and Goukazaru are stronger in brute force than Lizardon. These Pokemon usually use strategy in their battles and evasion rather than "Attack, Attack, Attack." Being able to swim also can be useful and there's no need for Flamethrower overuse while battling under water, in the 7th Gym Hinoarashi relied on Swift under water mainly and when he could get his opponent outta water he struck with Flamethrower and gained the win. I think there was also some use of Smokescreen, strategic things like that lead to the success of more agile and speedy Pokemon a.k.a sweepers that Satoshi relies on when battling. Goukazaru and Hinoarashi just honestly come off as faster, I just couldn't see Lizardon, as big and burly a Pokemon as it is, pulling off the type of face-to-face agility and dodging we've seen from other Pokemon like Buoysel, Pikachu, Hinoarashi, and Goukazaru. Though Lizardon seems like a decently speeded Pokemon when flying, it seems different from something like watching one of those guys move so fast they appear as if they're warping around the battlefield.

Lizardon comes off as more of a tank, even that reflects in his appearance with that big gut and body and all so him having inferior speed actually makes sense. Lizardon was definitely too overpowered in early Jouto and Satoshi was cocky to the point where he used him against green trainers like Nanako and her Chikorita.(And the wild one he would later catch.) The only way to counter balance that lop-sided power would be to either give Lizardon Pikachu treatment or release it and work on marketing Hinoarashi and the writers just went with the latter and I think that was better at the end of the day.

Poor Gible's chomping on a rock without a care in the world lol.

I have a feeling it involves Kibago.
    He felt a disturbance when Satoshi said it. xD
    Maybe it could be. Maybe it could be about Axew getting lost and whatnot. :/

Iris finds out about Ash's Gible and gets upset about him never mentioning it.
    Ash: I'm not your wife b*tch. D:
    Iris: *even more upset*
    *fight*
    *friendship over, Iris leaves the show for ever*
    *que XY girl*

Writers: How's that for a plot twist? *trollface*
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

He felt a disturbance when Satoshi said it. xD
    Maybe it could be. Maybe it could be about Axew getting lost and whatnot. :/
    Lol he'll probably be like what's a dragon ??

I can't even imagine what they would fight about xD. I would say Charizard and Dragonite but Charizard might not be here anymore...

I cant imagine what iris and ash would fight about, and the only time he ever got mad at her was when iris was antagonizing him about having to go back to kanto when he lost to bianca's dad. Although it will be cute to see them make up at the end of the episode.
    Last edited by yuoke; 15th March 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I can't even imagine what they would fight about xD. I would say Charizard and Dragonite but Charizard might not be here anymore...
    Hm, that could make out to a decent argument, but you're probably right about Charizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I cant imagine what iris and ash would fight about, and the only time he ever got mad at her was when iris was antagonizing him about having to go back to kanto when he lost to bianca's dad.
    Didn't watch the subs, but didn't he get mad at her before he was going to battle Cheren for calling him a kid?

Heatmor will probably appear in an island, which isn't Kanto, so technically they didn't lie on that.

It's almost a given that Charizard will stay for this arc. We know Ash is going back to Kanto, so it wouldn't make sense for him to leave Charizard behind again when he just had it back cause he missed him and wanted to travel with him again for a while. Ash will most likely just travel with him to his home in Kanto and then leave it before travelling to gen 6.

It would be different is Dekorora Islands were still Unova or something else, but coming back to Kanto is the perfect place for Charizard to stay.

Heatmor will probably appear in an island, which isn't Kanto, so technically they didn't lie on that.
    I'm just going by with what the translation Sushi brought to us.

Again, I don't think Hinoarashi and Goukazaru are stronger in brute force than Lizardon. These Pokemon usually use strategy in their battles and evasion rather than "Attack, Attack, Attack." Being able to swim also can be useful and there's no need for Flamethrower overuse while battling under water, in the 7th Gym Hinoarashi relied on Swift under water mainly and when he could get his opponent outta water he struck with Flamethrower and gained the win. I think there was also some use of Smokescreen, strategic things like that lead to the success of more agile and speedy Pokemon a.k.a sweepers that Satoshi relies on when battling. Goukazaru and Hinoarashi just honestly come off as faster, I just couldn't see Lizardon, as big and burly a Pokemon as it is, pulling off the type of face-to-face agility and dodging we've seen from other Pokemon like Buoysel, Pikachu, Hinoarashi, and Goukazaru. Though Lizardon seems like a decently speeded Pokemon when flying, it seems different from something like watching one of those guys move so fast they appear as if they're warping around the battlefield.

Lizardon comes off as more of a tank, even that reflects in his appearance with that big gut and body and all so him having inferior speed actually makes sense. Lizardon was definitely too overpowered in early Jouto and Satoshi was cocky to the point where he used him against green trainers like Nanako and her Chikorita.(And the wild one he would later catch.) The only way to counter balance that lop-sided power would be to either give Lizardon Pikachu treatment or release it and work on marketing Hinoarashi and the writers just went with the latter and I think that was better at the end of the day.
    Okay I agree on that. Except maybe Infernape gains a tiny edge with uber blaze active. Now as for the claim that Infernape was a big strategist and whatnot.

Vs Jolteon- Mach Punch OHKO
    Vs Luxray- Blaze kill.
    Vs Aggron- Tied with Flare Blitz, then quickly wrecked it with Mach punch.
    Vs Ninjask- I suppose it did use strategy by burning up the battlefield to weaken the enemy, but Charizard did that as well. One Mach punch took out Ninjask as well.
    Vs Electivire- A brawlfest basically.

I guess it comes with evolution. With more strength and a body with greater constitution there really is no more need for tactics like constant evasion and confuddling the enemy. It basically boils down to the fact that such tactics are in general used only by Ash's small mons because that gives them a comparative advantage over his evolved ones, even if overall Infernape and Charizard could both when necessary move faster and survive underwater.(I don't recall Charizard dying when he was thrown into a pool either). That's not to say Charizard can't use strategy either or not as well as Cyndaquil as shown in the orange island battle vs Luana where Charizard's aerial capabilities actually caused Alakazam and Marowak to defeat themselves after Pikachu was almost defeated. He also instead of simply only using force to overwhelm the opposition used brains to overturn situations that might have been hopeless like with Falkner's Pidgeot which to this day I have no idea why he used instead of his proper team like most other Johto leaders. Anyways he basically outmanuvered Pidgeot which was shown to be very fast and had a powerful whirlwind, flying carefully around it and making an opening with fire spin from behind. That's also not counting how Ash managed to stop Dragonair's defense by boiling away the water and unleashing a Flaming seisimic toss on Dragonair instead of just trying to attack with no reason over and over.

While Cyndaquil probably relied on strategy in a higher proportion of his battles no doubt due to his inability to win through power it simply is not fair to say Charizard just takes hits and dishes them out and does nothing else. Or you know as to the power issue thing just keep it to show how Ash really was a Veteran trainer and oaking it at the end of Johto. Heck Charizard was the reason why Falkner used such an OP pokemon for a first gym and had he stayed we might have seen other Johto gym leaders pull out the big guns as well.

Charizard could both when necessary move faster and survive underwater.(I don't recall Charizard dying when he was thrown into a pool either).
    I believe Liza stated that water to be special water, which doesn't harm the fire in Charizard's tails. Could've only been in the Japanese version(please correct me if I'm wrong, it wasn't subbed, I just somehow think I know some Japanese by now lol)
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

So is this a filler Saga, or something more like Orange Islands or Whirl Islands?

Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    So is this a filler Saga, or something more like Orange Islands or Whirl Islands?
    I believe it's Unova's version of the Orange Islands?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro View Post
    I believe it's Unova's version of the Orange Islands?
    Minus the gym battles ;P
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Minus the gym battles ;P
    Has that been confirmed or have I missed something?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Well, I have wondered what would Ash be doing while he's at these islands, so maybe we will have something similar to the Orland Island's Gyms or he's just traveling to see Pokemon.

Obviously, Iris is getting mad at Ash because he's leaving Unova behind for good. Cue romance.

...Okay, this is Ash, so there won't be romance. Just an obscene amount of childish love.

Vs Jolteon- Mach Punch OHKO
    Vs Luxray- Blaze kill.
    Vs Aggron- Tied with Flare Blitz, then quickly wrecked it with Mach punch.
    Vs Ninjask- I suppose it did use strategy by burning up the battlefield to weaken the enemy, but Charizard did that as well. One Mach punch took out Ninjask as well.
    Vs Electivire- A brawlfest basically.
    I think Goukazaru's strategic abilities were more prevalent in his past forms. While Satoshi never really used strategy heavily with the fire monkey he did at times when he was in a crunch like the Counter Shield, the ice shard snowboard, or using Will-O-Wisp to up Flamethrower's power.
    I guess it comes with evolution. With more strength and a body with greater constitution there really is no more need for tactics like constant evasion and confuddling the enemy.
    True true, because as we can see with larger Pokemon like Dodaitose, a.k.a the Pokemon that struggled heavily with success after taking on a bulkier body, Satoshi pretty much stopped using strategy and used straight-up power and brute force. Because the Energy Ball power-ups and such tactics as spinning pretty much became obsolete. While I do think he should use strategy at times, even with fully-evolved Pokemon, it still stands that Satoshi loves to ride on brute force when battling using bigger Pokemon.
    It basically boils down to the fact that such tactics are in general used only by Ash's small mons because that gives them a comparative advantage over his evolved ones,
    I wouldn't say only used by the small Pokemon. There have been quite a few times where strategy has been used by stronger/bigger Pokemon too, I just think it's more prevalent in smaller Pokemon. He doesn't completely forsake it however, Chaobu's use of Fire Oath in the 7th Gym to beat Freezio, Hahakomori against Dogasu, or Heracross's Sleep Talk against Naoshi, and, like you said, Goukazaru burning up the battle field.

even if overall Infernape and Charizard could both when necessary move faster and survive underwater.(I don't recall Charizard dying when he was thrown into a pool either). That's not to say Charizard can't use strategy either or not as well as Cyndaquil as shown in the orange island battle vs Luana where Charizard's aerial capabilities actually caused Alakazam and Marowak to defeat themselves after Pikachu was almost defeated.
    Well, that's true, however with Pokemon like Lizardon strategy usually goes out the window for Satoshi. I have no doubt Lizardon *could* use strategy as well as some of the other quicker Pokemon but it usually doesn't happen. Looking back at the battle against Kairyu no strategy was used by Satoshi, he just tried to overwhelm Kairyu while mind-controlled which might have no been the smartest move. Compared to the time where he battled the Dragon's Holy Land's Kairyu and did use some strategy like Fire Spin + Thunderbolt + Clouds to snap it out of its anger. Most of that came from Pikachu since Kairyu was overpowering both of its opponents and throwing them like rag-dolls. I almost forgot about that OS battle, indeed that was quite enjoyable and allowed some nice strategics for even a large Pokemon like Lizardon and it was one of the few battles of Lizardon's to not end in Seismic Toss iirc.

EDIT:Almost forgot, iirc in the Japanese version the water was special or something and safe for Lizardon's tail flame.

He also instead of simply only using force to overwhelm the opposition used brains to overturn situations that might have been hopeless like with Falkner's Pidgeot which to this day I have no idea why he used instead of his proper team like most other Johto leaders. Anyways he basically outmanuvered Pidgeot which was shown to be very fast and had a powerful whirlwind, flying carefully around it and making an opening with fire spin from behind. That's also not counting how Ash managed to stop Dragonair's defense by boiling away the water and unleashing a Flaming seisimic toss on Dragonair instead of just trying to attack with no reason over and over.
    I haven't seen the first Jouto Gym in ages so I can't speak for that tbh. :c Though I do remember the Dragon Gym, iirc that had more to do with Lizardon having to get his opponent outta water than him being in a hopeless situations where he needed strategy or else he would lose. Strategy being the end-all be-all for his more faster, yet fragile, Pokemon is more so what I mean. There no way, for example, I think Hinoarashi could have beat Strike at the Bug-type Gym unless he used the spinning upward move to win. For Lizardon that Swords Dance wouldn't have been such a cause for concern because he might have just been able to overpower it anyway. Yep, I remember the flaming Seismic Toss, indeed you are right on that. ^^

While Cyndaquil probably relied on strategy in a higher proportion of his battles no doubt due to his inability to win through power it simply is not fair to say Charizard just takes hits and dishes them out and does nothing else. Or you know as to the power issue thing just keep it to show how Ash really was a Veteran trainer and oaking it at the end of Johto. Heck Charizard was the reason why Falkner used such an OP pokemon for a first gym and had he stayed we might have seen other Johto gym leaders pull out the big guns as well.
    Indeed. I'm sure the first Gym wouldn't have gone vastly different if Lizardon got released prior. While Lizardon isn't completely stationary his claim to fame has always been his sheer amount of strength and less focus on strategy to win battles, especially in some of his bigger battles.(Boober(Magmar), Freezer(Articuno), Jouto League, didn't he also use mainly brute force in the episode where he finally started obeying too?) True, you're right on the money that Lizardon doesn't completely reject strategy but he isn't as big a strategist as the other Pokemon imo. While most people seem to prefer that(No problem with people that prefer that, everyone is allowed a different perspective on things.)I actually think strategy makes a battle more entertaining to watch, ya know? For example Emonga's battle in the Don Battle Tournament was really entertaining because we saw her being driven into a corner and in a hopeless situation where her only out was strategy with no insta-win Attract on her side.

EDIT:Welp, sorry about the kinda sorta long post ^^;;

Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast