Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E4 - Oshawott vs. Dewott [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Welp, at least it would give closure for his chances to evolve. I can already see most people being super upset about it even though it was obvious he most likely wouldn't anyway lol.
    I feel like if they wanted Oshawott to evolve they would have done it before the League. And usually when they have an episode centered about a first stage Pokémon battling its evolved form, the first stage Pokémon usually doesn't end up evolving because the show wants to prove Pokémon don't need to evolve to be strong.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    -Oshawott would learn a new move (which I believe is unlikely because it wasn't too long after learning Hydro Pump)
    It's been at least 35 episodes since he learned Hydro Pump; I don't see what's stopping him from learning a new move.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Welp, at least it would give closure for his chances to evolve. I can already see most people being super upset about it even though it was obvious he most likely wouldn't anyway lol.
    Nothing but truth tea. That's why I'm curious about those who still seem surprised that Oshawott hasn't evolved. I mean there was practically a sign hanging above Oshawott's head that said "too marketable; will not evolve." And also, since it's become a trend that Ash's main Water-types don't evolve, it makes the whole "why won't Oshawott evolve!?" arguments that much stranger to me.

Because Ash never evolves his freakin water types
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Nothing but truth tea. That's why I'm curious about those who still seem surprised that Oshawott hasn't evolved. I mean there was practically a sign hanging above Oshawott's head that said "too marketable; will not evolve." And also, since it's become a trend that Ash's main Water-types don't evolve, it makes the whole "why won't Oshawott evolve!?" arguments that much stranger to me.
    While I agree with a lot of the points you are making, I don't think it is really strange that some people originally thought Oshawott would evolve. He had a lot of development episodes and focus in the early BW episodes and it seemed to me like they were trying to build him up as one of Ash's powerhouses.

Because Ash never evolves his freakin water types
    You mean the writers never evolve Ash's water types, more in case the starters
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You mean the writers never evolve Ash's water types, more in case the starters
    Or Corpish or Buizel (even though he can take care of himself)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post
    Please Evolve Oshawott!

Like that will ever happen....
    Yeah, I don't think they will. But, I'm not sure why the title would say "goodbye mijuru" is he's not leaving?
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they will. But, I'm not sure why the title would say "goodbye mijuru" is he's not leaving?
    Don't look too much into the titles or the summaries when it comes to Pokémon.

Or Corpish or Buizel (even though he can take care of himself)
    They evolved Krabby and had Ash catch Palpitoad, the evolved form of Tympole (though more because the tadpole can't battle properly on land) Buizel had the shotty reason of not evolving because it beat Wake's Floatzel and Chorpish had an even more stupider reason because it's evolved form was a Dark type (and also because it beat it's evolution later on)
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    While I agree with a lot of the points you are making, I don't think it is really strange that some people originally thought Oshawott would evolve. He had a lot of development episodes and focus in the early BW episodes and it seemed to me like they were trying to build him up as one of Ash's powerhouses.
    I didn't see it like that to be honest. I mean obviously Oshawott had more wins when BW began, but I attribute that to his Scalchop, which honestly works too much like deus ex machina, and the fact that Ash didn't have too many Pokemon back then, which allowed Oshawott to get more battle screen-time. He seemed more like Piplup to me back then anyway because he mostly just fooled around on-screen and stuff. He was never meant to be a serious battler imo. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    It's probably 1 of those stupid troll things that the writers like to do when playing with Team Rocket leaving, meaning that he won't actually leave
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    It's probably 1 of those stupid troll things that the writers like to do when playing with Team Rocket leaving, meaning that he won't actually leave
    And some people still say that the writers don't troll. Honestly, they do this too often. I actually feel bad for kids who have been deceived by titles like this one. The writers sure do know how to hype an episode though, I'll give them that. There's no better way to get huge ratings than by stretching the truth especially when Oshawott is involved.

He'll leave 6th gen but the middle of DA? ;p
    岩根雅明=♡

I didn't see it like that to be honest. I mean obviously Oshawott had more wins when BW began, but I attribute that to his Scalchop, which honestly works too much like deus ex machina, and the fact that Ash didn't have too many Pokemon back then, which allowed Oshawott to get more battle screen-time. He seemed more like Piplup to me back then anyway because he mostly just fooled around and stuff. He was never meant to be a serious battler imo. :x
    While this is probably true, I still felt he was way more competent in the early days of BW than he is now. I would have liked that balance to continue throughout BW. But I think it was around the time that Ash caught Krokorok and Tepig evolved that the whole Pikachu/Krookodile/Pignite dominance began and poor Oshawott never had another victory in battle.

And some people still say that the writers don't troll. Honestly, they do this too often. I actually feel bad for kids who have been deceived by titles like this one. The writers sure do know how to hype an episode though, I'll give them that. There's no better way to get huge ratings than by stretching the truth especially when Oshawott is involved.
    It's really annoying tbh, just get rid of Mijumaru and Team rocket already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

They evolved Krabby and had Ash catch Palpitoad, the evolved form of Tympole (though more because the tadpole can't battle properly on land) Buizel had the shotty reason of not evolving because it beat Wake's Floatzel and Chorpish had an even more stupider reason because it's evolved form was a Dark type (and also because it beat it's evolution later on)
    I actually don't count Krabby/Kingler, mainly because it was just a lucky chance that case him to evolve (his first battle), and that Palpitoad was only caught in that stage.

I actually don't count Krabby/Kingler, mainly because it was just a lucky chance that case him to evolve (his first battle), and that Palpitoad was only caught in that stage.
    Still's an evolution, no matter how lucky (which was every Unova evolution)

Still's an evolution, no matter how lucky (which was every Unova evolution)
    But really, it's been almost 20 YEARS since ash has ever evolved a water type

But really, it's been almost 20 YEARS since ash has ever evolved a water type
    POkemon is only 15 years old lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I'm sorry, my math is terrible, but still...close enough
    Edit: Its 16

It's really annoying tbh, just get rid of Mijumaru and Team rocket already.
    I agree, seriously give some other pokes a chance.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Please let this not be Squirtle Mark Two. That would make me throw a shoe to my TV
    BUCKLE UP FOR BEST WISHES TWO! (AND THE LEAGUE IS HERE!!! )

If you think that the Sinnoh saga was the worst saga yet, copy & paste this to your sig. (Started by Yankees4life)

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Silly, SuperDaikenki is from the future. It seems Froakie won't evolve either.

Honestly, with Oshawott, I'll be happy with any shred of development they will give him, whether its a new move, evolution, rejectionof evolution, or release.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    Please let this not be Squirtle Mark Two. That would make me throw a shoe to my TV
    You should know better than to expect more from these writers!
    It better not be Squirtle mark two, but we all know it probably will be.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    You should know better than to expect more from these writers!
    It better not be Squirtle mark two, but we all know it probably will be.
    Probably won't, I really don't see them dumping Oshawott away.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast