Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E4 - Oshawott vs. Dewott [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Those two halves of a scalchop better turn into two new ones. There's no logic in the anime, so this is fitting.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by LiepardTrainer View Post
    Oshawott being one of my favorite Pokemon, and in the anime too, so I had to at least give my opinion on the episode. I know that once it premiers it will instantly become one of my favorite episodes....

this is what I"m really hoping will happen, or at least be as close as possible, in the episode:
    • Ending of previous episode, Ash and the group find out about an Oshawott Island, and decide to pay a visit
    • The leader of the island is a Dewott and confronts (Ash's) Oshawott to battle
    • (Ash's) Oshawott's scalchop breaks in half during the battle and looses
    • (Ash's) Oshawott scurries to the side of the island humiliated and depressed
    • Ash & Friends try to comfort Oshawott
    • Team Rocket plans on stealing the Oshawott from the island, by sending Meowth dressed up as a Dewott
    • Oshawott defeats Team Rocket, rescues the other Oshawott and his confidence comes back
    • Wild Oshawott of the island give (Ash's) Oshawott a new scalchop
    • (Ash's) Oshawott rebattles Dewott and wins
    • (Ash's) Oshawott having its confidence back, refuses to evolve
    • Ash plans on leaving Oshawott in the island, and Oshawott refuses to stay
    • Oshawott continues travelling with Ash

by the way, I did enjoy reading every else's opinions, read it since page 1, so a big majority many others have already mentioned. All I can do now is wait for the episode to premier.

I just hope that Oshy doesn't leave.
    Even if I would like to see Oshawott evolve, wich is "pretty" improbable, I have to admit that your scheme is what I'm expecting to see. Good work.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    Even if I would like to see Oshawott evolve, wich is "pretty" improbable, I have to admit that your scheme is what I'm expecting to see. Good work.
    Thanks, I try to be as thoughtful and logical as possible.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

FC: 4871-3995-3493 - Pokemon Y IGN: Maria
    Steel Safari Pokemon: Magneton Skarmory, and Excadrill

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Uh...we barely know anything about the other episodes. All we have are a couple of images and that's practically it. I fail to see how his absence is odd.
    Well I would expect they would show it as much as possible as their period of marketability is dwindling.

Random : PokéRadar

Let me guess! Oshawott got Bullet Seeds stuck in his nose and that's why his scalchops break in half!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Let me guess! Oshawott got Bullet Seeds stuck in his nose and that's why his scalchops break in half!
    I don't know how that would work??? But hey, this is Pokemon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I know that this isn't going to happen but if Oshawott was to evolve in this episode. I would like it to happen like this.

-Oshawott battles the Dewott in the beginning and his shell breaks in half.
    -Since they are on the island they decide to help Oshawott find a new shell
    -After the majority of the episode trying to find the right shell Oshawott finds two that he really likes and can't bring himself to choose which one. (Would be cool if maybe the shells were different colors)
    -Since he can't choose which one to use he decides to use both in his rematch with the Dewott.
    -Using both proves to be very difficult and on the verge of being defeated he evolves in order to use both.

And ta'da Oshawott evolves.

Now that's not going to happen, but I would like it to.

Ideally a new move is learned here. Night slash would be nice or fury cutter.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

I'd like to see Oshawott try using the two broken halves of the scalchop until the super glue arrives.

Unless they have a miracle fix for the scalchop it looks like Oshawott is getting a new one somehow.

...Wott?!

Maybe mijumaru will use another joltik as his shell again.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    After the infamous "Thunder Armor", we'll get "Thunder Blade".. All we really need know is for the XY to produce a pokemon that looks like Bisharp/Gallade, but is at least one part Electric-type, ideally Electric/Fighting. Those infamous instances would then transition to his signature moves:
    - Thunder Armor: +3 SDef and Def for 50% HP - Basically a Belly Drum-deal split to both Defences.
    - Thunder Blade: Physical Electric Attack. BP75, 10% of Paralysis, 10% of Flinch.

Now imagine this:
    - Thunder Blade
    - Close Combat
    - Thunder Armor
    - Substitute

Attach a Leftovers and you're done. Set a sub, use Thunder Armor, you'll get down to 25%. A bit of an issue, but with +3 defences and a sub, you should be able to hold while Leftovers replenishes health over time. If you're feeling lucky, then Thunder Blade the opponent, and hopefully you cripple or flinch it, giving you more Leftover-heal turns. And if you get Wish support, then oh boy.. :P Then just go for the Thunder armor right away, whatever attack you get, you should be able to withstand, then you'll get healed by Wish, end up at roughly 80%, set up a sub.. and wait a few turns for the health to return and get another coat of armor up! +6 defences on both sides! xD

Electric/Fighting should give decent coverage.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

everyone thinks that oshawott will get a new scalchop. im thinking that if it evolves the 2 halfs, being a part of oshawott, will evolve with him to become the two that dewott uses
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    everyone thinks that oshawott will get a new scalchop. im thinking that if it evolves the 2 halfs, being a part of oshawott, will evolve with him to become the two that dewott uses
    except that the chances of oshawott evolving are slim to none. It's an oshawott in the movie, and even if the movie is set during the N arc I doubt the team in the anime will be different to the movie one

I really wonder what will happen in this episode, since Oshawott's scalchop ends up broken in two pieces. Will it:

a) Somehow be pieced together by a natural glue or similar? (a bit unlikely)

b) End up replaced by a new one grown from Oshawott's bellybutton? (this seems logical, but maybe a bit gross to think)

c) Will it become two scalchops after an evolution? (cool theory, but highly unlikely)

d) Will be replaced by one scalchop found in the Scalchop Island? (this seems the most likely option to me)

I really wish it was option c), but eh! I honestly can't wait to have more details, so that some speculations may die out.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I really wonder what will happen in this episode, since Oshawott's scalchop ends up broken in two pieces. .
    my moneys on it eventually wins against dewott and receives a new schallop as a reward

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    my moneys on it eventually wins against dewott and receives a new schallop as a reward
    If that's the prize for the little tourney, then I can attest that all Oshawott trainers are morons.

Oh wait, I'm already right on that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    It wins the Scalchop it's using in battle? Just assuming the picture takes place during the rematch based on Oshawott's determined face
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

That would be reductive. I mean I never understood what was so funny about it the first time, so I wouldn't enjoy it a second time; it would be a waste of time in my opinion. I want some Rocky-esque training scenes in this episode, not more funny moments. Oshawott better slay in what I assume is a mini tournament and win himself an Everstone Scalchop.

That would be reductive. I mean I never understood what was so funny about it the first time, so I wouldn't enjoy it a second time; it would be a waste of time in my opinion. I want some Rocky-esque training scenes in this episode, not more funny moments. Oshawott better slay in what I assume is a mini tournament and win himself an Everstone Scalchop.
    I thought it was adorable if anything...

I want some Rocky-esque training scenes in this episode, not more funny moments. Oshawott better slay in what I assume is a mini tournament and win himself an Everstone Scalchop.
    We haven't even gotten much info and we already know this isn't the case.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Do you honestly expect a serious episode when Oshawott is the star? This will have its silly moments.
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 3rd April 2013 at 5:07 AM.

Random : PokéRadar

If you're small, you're comic relief.

If you're big and evolved, comic relief saves you from being stuck in the ball. Otherwise, you're stuck in the ball.

If you're big and evolved, you're stuck in the ball.

If you're with Ash, pray to Arceus to win something big 'cuz you'll need it.

Such are the rules that dictate the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If you're small, you're comic relief.

If you're big and evolved, comic relief saves you from being stuck in the ball. Otherwise, you're stuck in the ball.

If you're big and evolved, you're stuck in the ball.

If you're with Ash, pray to Arceus to win something big 'cuz you'll need it.

Such are the rules that dictate the anime.
    What about palpitoad? It's not exactly big or completely evolved.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I agree, it is goofy-ish, but it is a dependable battler.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

He's blessed with suck, like Stunfisk.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Do you honestly expect a serious episode when Oshawott is the star? This will be have its silly moments.
    Well I know Oshawott is practically synonymous with comedy, but I was hoping for a semi-serious episode with a nice, long training montage. I mean it's about time Oshawott got serious and did some good old-fashion training to improve his battling skills. The writers should save the laughs for another episode; something tells me we'll need some comedy in the upcoming fillers. *Goes back to her Oshawott shrine and prays*

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast