Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E4 - Oshawott vs. Dewott [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I'm talking about in he episode. Because there was an episode in Johto where Ash wanted Bulbasaur to stay unevolved
    No it didn't.. It refused to evolve back in Kanto and it was never brought up again... :S
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    No it didn't.. It refused to evolve back in Kanto and it was never brought up again... :S
    Then what was the episode with the grass type tourney in Johto?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Then what was the episode with the grass type tourney in Johto?
    Ash faced a guy with a Skiploom in the finals of that tournament. Bulbasaur was owning it. Ash suggested that the opponent forfeit the match. The kid refused, launched a Solar Beam straight into Bulbasaur's tackling face, and KO'd it.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Ash faced a guy with a Skiploom in the finals of that tournament. Bulbasaur was owning it. Ash suggested that the opponent forfeit the match. The kid refused, launched a Solar Beam straight into Bulbasaur's tackling face, and KO'd it.
    I'm pretty sure that someone suggest that Bulbasaur should evolve in that episode, but that's not the topic!
    I think many people wanted Oshawott to evolve because Ash has never evolved a water type pokémon since Krabby/Kingler. And really, how long a go was that?

I'm pretty sure that someone suggest that Bulbasaur should evolve in that episode, but that's not the topic!
    I think many people wanted Oshawott to evolve because Ash has never evolved a water type pokémon since Krabby/Kingler. And really, how long a go was that?
    The kid asked if Ash was going to train his Bulbasaur for the tournament, to which Ash replied that wouldn't as he was the Orange League champion, and thus should be a breeze.

No implication of suggesting evolution implied. Ash was just sitting on his butt waiting for the tournament to start whereas the kid was doing some training and merely asked if Ash would join in.

Kingler evolved 14 years ago, roughly.

And do you think that it'll finally be time for Oshawott (Totodile, Buizel, etc) to evolve?
    That episode would make good enough sense for Oshawott to evolve

And do you think that it'll finally be time for Oshawott (Totodile, Buizel, etc) to evolve?
    That episode would make good enough sense for Oshawott to evolve
    his water types get neglected in terms of evolution. his fire types get loads of evolution focus, but i'd at least like oshawott to evolve once. hopefully it could become more serious and less comical. at the moment it's a bit of a joke.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    his water types get neglected in terms of evolution. his fire types get loads of evolution focus, but i'd at least like oshawott to evolve once. hopefully it could become more serious and less comical. at the moment it's a bit of a joke.
    Hopefully, I can see him mature a bit as he evolve *cough*Buizel*cough*, yet still has a small bit of his comical nature...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And surely, Oshawott won't evolve because he thinks Dewott in general are jerks.
    Nothing to do wiith that actually, Oshawott line are disciplined respectfull pokemon, I would like to see a cool Dewott like the others, Oshawott is goofy enough and sneaky enough when he has to.

I'm sorry, but the problem has always been in the structure of the show, not so much the Water-types. Looking back, you can clearly see that the writers have only made one flaw, but a flaw that had additional reasonings. The Water-types are always the jokers/funny mon of the group.
    - Squirtle: Just look at his attitude and the jokes he played during Island of Giant Pokemon.
    - Totodile: Definitely a joke.. Oh, I mean funny pokemon.
    - Corphish: Out of Ash's Hoenn team, definitely the most comical, if you don't count Torkoal's steaming lack of selfesteem.
    - Buizel: Not really the funny pokemon, that would have to be Staravia at first, and then Gligar/Gliscor.
    - Oshawott: Definitely the most comical pokemon on Ash's team.

So, apparently we can deduce, that most comical pokemon don't evolve. Gligar evolved because of it having a GenIV evolution, Staravia evolved because Gligar had taken the mentally deranged schtick from it, oh and all birds fully evolve.

Then why didn't Buizel evolve? Well, that's the flaw. One can definitely draw up a few parallel character traits between Grovyle and Buizel: Willing to fight, sort of a loner, and a cool pokemon that could turn a loss in a win. Well, considering:
    - Infernape: Main story
    - Torterra: ?
    - Staraptor: Birds always evolve
    - Gliscor: GenIV evo
    - Buizel: ?
    - Gible: ?

In all honesty, we could've had that last Torterra evolution distributed between either it, Buizel and Gible. They just chose for Torterra. Why? Ash favourites Grass-types? They needed mini-powerhouses? Gible's tenure was too short and Gabite would be too strong/close to Garchomp? I don't know the reason, but in any case, Torterra's evolution didn't do it any favours eventhough it looks epic.

As for Oshawott, they're having too much fun with it.. I don't think it will ever evolve. It only has 20'ish episodes left, and after that I'll forget about him*, so it doesn't matter much.

*Made the promise to never talk about BW again after XY starts, unless BW is brought up in the animé.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    You people keep talking about evolution, but what if this episode has nothing to do with evolution? I think this episode is going to be about oshawott learning how to be 100% competent without his scallop. In the end Oshawott will win the heart of that female Oshawott with the crown. The last few minutes will be about Ash thinking about leaving Oshawott with the female oshawott. In the end Oshawott will decide that he would rather go with Ash than stay behind. Or maybe the oshawott he falls for will be a male like that purrloin lol.
    First, this episode has nothing to do with evolution (unless Oshawott choose to not), since episodes after are showing Oshawott as he is naturally. That doesn't mean he won't from here to the end of the Best Wishes! serie. The main scenario is already a lot speculated to be Oshawott falling in love with a female Oshawott, while a Dewott loves her too, fights, loses and breaks his scalshop (before or after the fight). Then train or things like that, go for another battle with Dewott, win, conquiere or not the heart of the girl and goes with Ash by the end.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The orange neck scarf-wearing Futachimaru looks pretty cool. Looks like Mijumaru is made mince meat of in rather little time, I guess his hotachi will break during the battle and he will be forced to fight without it and go on to outclass Mijumaru. The prize for willing might be an everstone-sprinkled keratin hotachi. Not really bothered by him not evolving, doesn't matter to me. I still like Miju, evolved or not and just want a nice battle and win and possibly a new move for him this episode. He's adorable as he is and has shown to be a competent battler when the writers aren't making him into a clown or when he's facing clearly unwinable standards(There's no way he could be Bel's Daddy's Hihidaruma, assuming he's had it since his youth, Sanzandora, and he wasn't gonna beat Baoppu since the writers needed a fodder Pokemon to make Dento's brother look good.) I'm just gonna speculate since we have a decent-sized amount of info so far.

-Miju and friends arrive on hotachi Island, Satoshi sends out his Mijumaru, as he knows it is related to such items. After some island exploring they run into a group of people in a parade/festival type deal. Queen Mijumaru is revealed and Miju, being a skirt-chaser, falls for her. He goes to flirt but soon gets into a spat with a guarding Futachimaru and they battle. Miju loses, he goes on to train and learn more. After some training a new move is learned and he goes rechallenge Futachmaru, beats it and is given a hotachi as a prize.(The old one was broken during training.)

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Hmm,

well at least it's not Oshawott losing in a battle, right now.

Otherwise why would it bring flowers into a battle.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

- Squirtle: Just look at his attitude and the jokes he played during Island of Giant Pokemon.
    To this day I have no idea why that one instance is used to argue that Squirtle was a comedic relief Pokemon. Like really, he had a few quirky lines in one Kanto episode (back when everything was funny anyway) and suddenly he has a place on the top ten list of funniest Pokemon ever? I'm not even exaggerating either; I've literally seen hundreds of people make that connection for some reason even though, outside of that island episode, Squirtle never once showed any personality unless he was wearing his sunglasses, and even then he wasn't funny imo. He just became "cool."

Anyway, I would probably comment more on that tiny image of Oshawott with flowers, but it irked me so much that I'd rather not talk about it. All I will say is that the regal Oshawott probably is a girl and that Dewott is probably in love with her or something. Is it just me or are all Dewott in the anime portrayed as jerks? I'm seeing a slight pattern.

I hope Oshawott stays with Ash, I really don't like pokemon releases but if he leaves, then he leaves. I just hope he gets a new move.
    Currently waiting for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and the guidebook(s).

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Hmm,

well at least it's not Oshawott losing in a battle, right now.

Otherwise why would it bring flowers into a battle.
    They usually always only have the swirly eyes animation to signify a pokemon fainting/losing a battle.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    I hope Oshawott stays with Ash, I really don't like pokemon releases but if he leaves, then he leaves. I just hope he gets a new move.
    Oshawott's staying; we know that because he appears in a future episode (the one with the Croconaw) and because he shows up in Movie 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Is it just me or are all Dewott in the anime portrayed as jerks? I'm seeing a slight pattern.
    I'm not seeing any type of pattern, Cabernet's was owned by a jerk-ish trainer and the the rescue team one was not a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    They usually always only have the swirly eyes animation to signify a pokemon fainting/losing a battle.
    That's how one graduates from the Pokémon referee school for sure: tell the swirly eyes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    That's how one graduates from the Pokémon referee school for sure: tell the swirly eyes apart.
    Unless it's spinda

Unless it's spinda
    The swirly eyes aren't perfectly round! The swirly eyes of defeat are loosely squared.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post

I didn't say it wasn't a fight, it just wasn't a battle.

Dewott's being a major a-hole, and smacking Oshawott because it is doing something it doesn't, doesn't make it a battle.

A battle has a referee.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Not all battles have to have a referee (Phione vs Buneary), or do you mean official battles?
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Not all battles have to have a referee (Phione vs Buneary)
    That was a Wild Pokémon Battle.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 17th April 2013 at 5:05 AM.

I enjoyed seeing that picture. I don't really have to explain why do I?

Random : PokéRadar

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast