Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The VA List.

Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Oh well, I thought I might have wanted to watch this one. Guess not.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

The VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Krookodile
    Emolga
    Rotom
    Nurse Joy
    Parker
    yay for Emolga and Krookodile !

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

The VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Krookodile
    Emolga
    Rotom
    Nurse Joy
    Parker
    Wait where's the King?! I don't think I'll be able to tolerate this episode without Oshawott's presence. *Has nervous breakdown and shaves head*

Good for Emolga though. It's nice that she'll appear, although I get the feeling that she'll be used to lure the Rotom to a specific place using her electricity just like Pikachu and Pachirisu were used for something similar during that one DP filler. My only other complaint is that Parker's appearing. Like, I can't see him being of any use, so his presence bugs me.

professor oak looks groovy.
    and yes! i hope he mentions the new region to Ash... even though it seems unlikely.

~ Excalibuuuuuur, Excalibuuuuur, from the United King, i'm looking for her, i'm going to Californiaaa~

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Oak's appearance here feels strange. Why didn't he mention his plans to travel to this island for his Rotom thesis so Ash could know to meet up with him?

This episode could have used Fennel and Amanita trying to get a Rotom to aid their dream research as a power source instead.
    That makes even less sense as they live in Unova.

The VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Krookodile
    Emolga
    Rotom
    Nurse Joy
    Parker
    Don't forget Stunfisk, unless it doesn't get a speaking role. Poor guy though, Like the guy hasn't been flattened enough.:/

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Ew. The frizzy hair/static/afro thing is so overused. I can't imagine why kids would find it funny to begin with. Anyway, I'm sure this will be yet another DA filler episode, albeit it one of the more interesting ones since Oak is involved. It's just too bad that he's only here to entertain us; I think it's way too early for Kalos to be mentioned, and I don't think he'll give Ash and friends any information on a tournament or anything remotely interesting imo. I'll wait for the translated summaries though.
    He might, he might not. To be honest, either him, Clair, or Virgil will, IMO.
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 22nd May 2013 at 7:05 AM.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

The VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Krookodile
    Emolga
    Rotom
    Nurse Joy
    Parker
    Yeah I thought the Fisk was confirmed for this episode in a trailer? Unless it shares VA's
    Also good for krookodile showing up and the QUEEN Emolga!
    With TR here, could the team rocket and Emolga portion of the poster be included here?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Who voices Oaks pokemon?? Are any of them there??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oak has Pokemon?

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Don't forget Stunfisk, unless it doesn't get a speaking role. Poor guy though, Like the guy hasn't been flattened enough.:/
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Yeah I thought the Fisk was confirmed for this episode in a trailer? Unless it shares VA's
    Also good for krookodile showing up and the QUEEN Emolga!
    With TR here, could the team rocket and Emolga portion of the poster be included here?
    Stunfisk shares the same VA as the narrator.

And since Team Rocket is here, you know the drill, Snivy, Leavanny, Chairzard, Crustle and Boldore could appear. Also, Muk has the same voice as Oak, but I doubt Muk will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    No, the voices for Pidgey and Dragonite are both voiced by the same VA (in english as well) and they're not on the VA list.
    Last edited by playerking; 22nd May 2013 at 8:08 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

The VA List.

Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Krookodile
    Emolga
    Rotom
    Nurse Joy
    Parker
    Bah why was TR needed? they were able to get rid of them in the Dent episode why not for the others? just have the rotom troll the kids and Oak during the episode we don't need TR appearing.

Well cool Krokoodile is here even though the ending seems to indicate Scraggy is the one on the team, man I really hope Scraggy eventually appears such a weird situation that a popular pokemon from the current generation disappears out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Oak has Pokemon?
    Yes he does, go to Serebii or Bulbapedia character page for Oak for more information.

Don't forget Excadrill. Unless I'm mistaken, one of the Rotom has the same VA as Excadrill. Might appear since the kids are using their Electric and Ground type Pokemon here.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Don't forget Excadrill. Unless I'm mistaken, one of the Rotom has the same VA as Excadrill. Might appear since the kids are using their Electric and Ground type Pokemon here.
    Hes posting the credited ones, not posting possible appearances, Stunfisk is here and is not being credited, credit went to the Narrator instead.

Anyway so Oak is not capturing one after all.

excadrill would take priority over a Rotom. if the va is listed as voicing Rotom then excadrill won't appear

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hes posting the credited ones, not posting possible appearances, Stunfisk is here and is not being credited, credit went to the Narrator instead.

Anyway so Oak is not capturing one after all.
    Well yeah I know, but others were posting possibilities so I jumped in as well.

Shame, would have liked Oak to catch one at least. Or Ash lol, but I knew that wouldn't happen. Makes sense though, Professors study Pokemon all the time without catching them (though the trade evolution with Prof Juniper was a cool surprise and exception).

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    excadrill would take priority over a Rotom. if the va is listed as voicing Rotom then excadrill won't appear
    Yeah that's what I thought, which is why I said might. Although, it could be that the episode specifically focuses on the 3 Rotom, excluding one would look weird. But eh, like I said, it was only a possibility.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I though he wanted to capture one to observe them but I gues just seeing their wild behaviour is probably better if he doesn't plan to use it to nothing else.
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd May 2013 at 11:35 AM.

I though he wanted to capture one to observe them but I gues just seeing their wild behaviour is probably better if he doesn't plan to use it to nothing else.
    True, if he caught it then people would expect to see it everytime Oak is referenced or seen on screen.

Waiting for the receipts on that one xD
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd May 2013 at 11:35 AM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

True, if he caught it then people would expect to see it everytime Oak is referenced or seen on screen.

Waiting for the receipts on that one xD
    Yeah people were complaining, "WHYZ OAK CAPTURING A POKEMAN IF HE DUN USE ET?!?!?!?!" I guess they can't complain now,

^ But we saw Oak, holding a pokeball doing the pose of "I got a new pokeman"

Well he could released it!!

Rotom could do stuff at the lab like cutting grass and washing clothes.
    I hope Oak keeps it so we see it again in later episodes

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    ^ But we saw Oak, holding a pokeball doing the pose of "I got a new pokeman"

Well he could released it!!
    We did?

I don't mind him capturing it, I'm saying people were complaining he was capturing a pokemon, as if that made any sense to complain about.

We did?

I don't mind him capturing it, I'm saying people were complaining he was capturing a pokemon, as if that made any sense to complain about.
    People like to complain about the number of spikes on Ash's hair if they have nothing to complain.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Fuck.

Krookodile
    Awesome, haven't seen that guy in such a long time.
    Emolga
    Already knew that, but still good to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Oak's appearance here feels strange. Why didn't he mention his plans to travel to this island for his Rotom thesis so Ash could know to meet up with him?

This episode could have used Fennel and Amanita trying to get a Rotom to aid their dream research as a power source instead.
    That's actually a very amusing idea, I guess they just used him because he's known for his token appearances each gen. I'd rather see those two to be honest.

"At M'Toro Island, where lots of Rotom are said to live, the group encounters... Professor Okido!? He is really enthusiastic about attempting to get a Rotom for research purposes, but they appear to be quite the trickers...

In order to join up with Professor Okido, the leading authority on Pokémon research, Satoshi and friends have come to M'Toro Island, famous for being home to huge amounts of the 'Plasma Pokémon' Rotom. The professor is visiting the island in order to write an article on 'Rotom's Forme Change'. Right as they arrive, three Rotom show up, traveling down a power cable towards a huge plaza.

The group try attracting them with electricity, and they gobble down Pikachu's electricity, seemingly finding it delicious. Dent wants to check if they have certain preferences when it comes to electricity, and has his Muggyo use Thundershock! The taste turns out to be...!? Iris also lend a hand, using Emonga! And then the Rotom undergo a Forme Change! What is the undiscovered secret of the Rotom...!? And what is the result of the study!?"
    I'm really interested in this, what taste does Maggyo's electricity have in-comparison to Pikachu. Also Forme Change, undiscovered secret. New Rotom forme, maybe?

I think they may not like Maggyo's taste because it's half ground type maybe. XD I'm not sure if there'll be a new forme. I guess it's possible seeing as we've seen all of them before (but then again they were just trolled by them) so hard to say. It could be that it changes to the Fan-type from Emolga's Electricity because it's half Flying. Maybe the undiscovered is how Rotom changes it's type, unlike in DPPt.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast