Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: ice ruins and project f

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default ice ruins and project f

    Not only do I think we've not seen the last of team plasma in the anime,but I think they will finally appear in their original uniforms here's why. In bw 117 a plasma grunt reported to Ghetsis progress on project f and near the end of the episode n climax cedric junipers assistants run to him informing him of new findings at the ice ruins plus clairs returning too. So I think that the ice ruins are in the declora arichpelo and team plasma under the command of the original team plasma commander (from the banned 2 parter) are here and have brought back whatever they found from the giant chasm. I mean why else would they put emphasis on the ice ruins and mention project f if nothing was gonna come of it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Wasn't that a rumor? So the ice ruins were really mention!!

    And what the heck project F that's for?

    But I doubt Team Plasma will return Ghetsis was the mastermind of all plasma operation!! Maybe Team Rocket!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    I'm still kinda thinking that's hinting at a villain parter at the end of Da!, Ice Ruins implies Kyurem and Project F immediately makes me think of "Frigate."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Project F wasn't brought up for no reason. Something's going to happen, I just don't know what.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Ghetsis is in jail. He was arrested by the Interpol not your local officer Jenny. He won't come out. Get over it.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Ghetsis is in jail. He was arrested by the Interpol not your local officer Jenny. He won't come out. Get over it.
    Because that clearly indicates that he can't break out.

    Shadow Triad, anyone?
    Last edited by lolipiece; 23rd May 2013 at 6:19 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Because that clearly indicates that he won't break out.

    Shadow Triad, anyone?
    I am going to change my username the day Shadow Triad appears in the anime

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Because that clearly indicates that he can't break out.

    Shadow Triad, anyone?
    wouldn't team plasma still be in the opening if they were gonna do something like that.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 23rd May 2013 at 6:31 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    wouldn't team plasma still be in the opening if they were gonna do something like that.
    Yea, unless it is the one spoiler of the season, maybe where Charizard where finally shine this saga

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    I wasn't aware of this but it would make sense and would be interesting. But for further reference, are Team Plasma no longer involved with the genesect army? Because I don't know how it would fit in with the DA saga. Especially because the movie is already officially canonized by the genesect army's appearance in the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.

    Cause the way it was implied I doubt these icy ruins are outside of Unova, cause if that's the case why not have Oak go there too while he's out here looking for rotom's?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.

    Cause the way it was implied I doubt these icy ruins are outside of Unova, cause if that's the case why not have Oak go there too while he's out here looking for rotom's?
    Yea, this is probably just random speculation, and to be honest, none of this will probably happen.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    it feels to me like desperation more than speculation...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    There was no indication that the Ice Ruins were outside Unova. Considering that Ash only stayed in Unova because Cedric invited him to the White Ruins, you'd think that the Ice Ruins being in Decolora would have been mentioned.

    I'm reminded of people thinking that Charon not getting arrested meant anything. How wrong were they.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,952

    Default

    Heck for all we know the ice ruins could be where Kyurem was staying in the Keldeo movie.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Heck for all we know the ice ruins could be where Kyurem was staying in the Keldeo movie.
    It wasn't. It was some abandoned mines named Full Court.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.
    Project F was explicitly referenced in BW117 while Ghetsis was speaking to several Plasma Grunts via videophone, right after Project G (the Genesect Army) was mentioned. It is not tied to the Ice Ruins.

    Charon not being arrested was either a lazy oversight or foreshadowing for something that had to be aborted after Black and White were announced that couldn't be repaired in time. "Project F" was deliberately inserted into BW117 and immediately followed a confirmed bit of foreshadowing with Project G. Not only that, actual details were given on it - that it involved gathering resources in East Unova, which could fit with the construction of the Plasma Frigate - which is something Charon's escape never received.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Charon not being arrested was either a lazy oversight or foreshadowing for something that had to be aborted after Black and White were announced that couldn't be repaired in time.
    It wasn't foreshadowing. Charon could have appeared in the Heatran episode, but he didn't. I doubt that the writers were surprised by Black and White's announcement.

    "Project F" was deliberately inserted into BW117 and immediately followed a confirmed bit of foreshadowing with Project G. Not only that, actual details were given on it - that it involved gathering resources in East Unova, which could fit with the construction of the Plasma Frigate - which is something Charon's escape never received.
    The Project G foreshadowing is highly misleading as Team Plasma won't have an actual role in the movie aside from a possible reference. N investigating the Genesect mystery only to forget about it isn't what I would call clever writing. It is not as if Ghetsis or Colress vowed to escape from jail for the sake of Project F's success, and we certainly didn't get any hint at a major Plasma character that was still at large.

    Team Rocket's involvement with Rayquaza was a much more visible hint that never panned out. Granted, it was shown in the Pokémon World segment of Movie 9, but the point is that the writers have alluded to behind-the-scenes projects before for no reason other than to add a sense of mystery. Whatever happened to the event Cynthia was attending in the first Operation Tempest episode? What was that foreshadowing? And what was the point of Cynthia and Caitlin's conversation?

    These small references aren't a big deal when you think of all the characters that haven't had their stories concluded.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    They are out of Isshu I don't see anything happening.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    552

    Default

    It's possible they were referencing B2W2's events but won't make actual stories because it's just too late now.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I wasn't aware of this but it would make sense and would be interesting. But for further reference, are Team Plasma no longer involved with the genesect army? Because I don't know how it would fit in with the DA saga. Especially because the movie is already officially canonized by the genesect army's appearance in the anime.
    You got it backwards.. The events of the movie still aren't necessary to have to understand the animé. You can totally skip the movie without having to deal with any plotholes that would mess up the animé at a later date. What makes movies canon is stuff that first happens in the movie, and then is referred to in the animé. Stuff like how Ash knew what a Latios was in the Sinnoh League, without having seen one aside from the Alto Mare Latios, or Dawn having a Lunar Wing in Darkrai vs. Cresselia, which she purchased in M10. What you're suggesting is no different then Ash capturing Oshawott, and using it in M14.

    I don't think a movie can be canonized beforehand, UNLESS there was a stated line that said they are going to New Tork City in order to stop the Genesect Army. But there wasn't, and thus the movie is not canonized prior to the airing, and might in fact never be officially. Yes, they are connected, but it doesn't need to be seen as canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.

    Cause the way it was implied I doubt these icy ruins are outside of Unova, cause if that's the case why not have Oak go there too while he's out here looking for rotom's?
    Okay, I think you might have a good point about it simply being a reference to the games, and it would be nice to know that Ash didn't avert imminent crisis and just postponed it for a while. Ash can't save a region, crime continues after he has left. Thank god our hero isn't infallible.

    As for Oak, I doubt he would be interested. Cedric is an excavating type of field researcher, while Oak really is just a lecturer that travels abroad sometimes to give lectures, or audits about his research.

    I mean just look at the OS, Oak never seemed interested in an archeological site that was apparently just outside of Pallet Town, referring to Pokémopolis.. I doubt he would be interested in a ice cave in the middle of an archipelago.. Now that I think about it, there is an Ice Cave in the Sevii Islands.. Might be a reference as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    It wasn't foreshadowing. Charon could have appeared in the Heatran episode, but he didn't. I doubt that the writers were surprised by Black and White's announcement.

    The Project G foreshadowing is highly misleading as Team Plasma won't have an actual role in the movie aside from a possible reference. N investigating the Genesect mystery only to forget about it isn't what I would call clever writing. It is not as if Ghetsis or Colress vowed to escape from jail for the sake of Project F's success, and we certainly didn't get any hint at a major Plasma character that was still at large.

    Team Rocket's involvement with Rayquaza was a much more visible hint that never panned out. Granted, it was shown in the Pokémon World segment of Movie 9, but the point is that the writers have alluded to behind-the-scenes projects before for no reason other than to add a sense of mystery. Whatever happened to the event Cynthia was attending in the first Operation Tempest episode? What was that foreshadowing? And what was the point of Cynthia and Caitlin's conversation?

    These small references aren't a big deal when you think of all the characters that haven't had their stories concluded.
    What was Cynthia's and Caitlin's conversation about? Missed that.. Yeah.. Dat Rayquaza.. I freaking made up viable theories about operation Tempest including it, but of course it went nowhere other then Kami Trio-2parter, part deus.. I would've loved for Rayquaza to show up and that moment being referenced slightly. But like I said, I'm glad that Ash can't be saving the world every single time.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    What was Cynthia's and Caitlin's conversation about?
    Cynthia complimented Caitlin on how she and her Pokémon had overcome many challenges. It was a reference to the games where it was revealed that Caitlin was originally forbidden from battling since she had an explosive temper that would erupt if she lost a battle, causing her psychic powers to cause a lot of damage. The context of the anime conversation would have been very vague to anyone who wasn't already familiar with Caitlin from the games. But the strange part is that the anime strongly hinted that Caitlin had not really overcome her problems, as evidenced by her inner voice saying that she still felt extremely nervous during intense battles. If Caitlin had lost the battle, Cynthia might have been less than impresssed by Caitlin's anger management skills.

    But the battle was interrupted and we'll most likely never see Caitlin again.
    Last edited by Kein; 23rd May 2013 at 2:35 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Cynthia complimented Caitlin on how she and her Pokémon had overcome many challenges. It was a reference to the games where it was revealed that Caitlin was originally forbidden from battling since she had an explosive temper that would erupt if she lost a battle, causing her psychic powers to cause a lot of damage. The context of the anime conversation would have been very vague to anyone who wasn't already familiar with Caitlin from the games. But the strange part is that the anime strongly hinted that Caitlin had not really overcome her problems, as evidenced by her inner voice saying that she still felt extremely nervous during intense battles. If Caitlin had lost the battle, Cynthia might have been less than impresssed by Caitlin's anger management skills.

    But the battle was interrupted and we'll most likely never see Caitlin again.
    I wish we'd gotten an episode about that. And episodes with Shauntal, Grimsley and Marshall. I hate it when they do all these random episodes like in DA! instead of episodes with interesting characters with a good back story like the E4, Benga, Shadow Triad. So much wasted potential there. Could've been some very interesting episodes that could be way better than a lot of the fillers we've had.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    I love the people who are saying "It's a reference to the games" as an excuse. If they were referencing the games they would've said they were going to the giant chasm next. And Project f definitely isn't a reference. These are anime exclusive things. And Cynthia's chat with Caitlin was a reference to the games.
    Last edited by diakyu; 23rd May 2013 at 4:44 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I love the people who are saying "It's a reference to the games" as an excuse. If they were referencing the games they would've said they were going to the giant chasm next. And Project f definitely isn't a reference. These are anime exclusive things. And Cynthia's chat with Caitlin was a reference to the games.
    Reshiram was in the White Ruins instead of the Dragonspiral tower. Not much different. As for Project F, the idea is that Project G was Genesect, F could have been the Frigate.

    I wouldn't go thinking another Plasma plot is particularly likely at any rate as Ash has now left Unova. Like it could happen since Decolora Adventure seems to have no other story to it, but it's doubtful at this time.
    Last edited by SlimeStack; 23rd May 2013 at 6:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •