Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

I honestly don't see the point of Oak getting a new Pokemon. I mean the guy rarely appears and when he does he usually just gets kidnapped a speaking role and not an action role. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to be captured when it's rarely (or maybe never) going to appear again. But of course, I know I'm the only person who thinks this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I honestly don't see the point of Oak getting a new Pokemon. I mean the guy rarely appears and when he does he usually just gets kidnapped a speaking role and not an action role. It just seems redundant for a Pokemon to be captured when it's rarely (or maybe never) going to appear again. But of course, I know I'm the only person who thinks this way.
    Your clearly forgetting that I was the first one to question this decision (Oak capturing Rotom) XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Meh, it gives him the chance to battle in the future.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    He can darnwell use his Charmeleon/zard and Dragonite if he wants to battle! Lord knows we haven't overexposure of those two in the recent months!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    He can darnwell use his Charmeleon/zard and Dragonite if he wants to battle! Lord knows we haven't overexposure of those two in the recent months!
    Teh sarcasm O_o!

People for some reason don't count those as cannon so a new pokemon can't be disputed.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I'll tell you what I'm excited about. The possibility that Stuart Zagnit might reprise his role as Oak . He did get to do Cedric Juniper not too long ago so yeah.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I wonder why the professor oak does not show all their pokemon their badges and trophies? will be that Professor Oak was already the champion of kanto?

A capture doesn't have to only happen for characters who are going to appear often or battle. People do have Pokemon for other reasons.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    A capture doesn't have to only happen for characters who are going to appear often or battle. People do have Pokemon for other reasons.
    Exactly! Like Deliah and Mr.Mime.. And lets not forget Tracy's Venonat and Scyther, even though epic oldgeezer status, was undershowcased as well. Even his Marill, a new pokemon at the time.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

So now its a big deal about Prof. Oak?

Prof. Oak appeared in Hoenn in the middle and in DP in the middle. Prof. Oak usually gets an episode out of the lab in every saga. Why is anyone shocked?

People dare question the motives of the mighty Oak? The disrespect. I'm glad OG professor is doing something different on screen for once.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    So now its a big deal about Prof. Oak?

Prof. Oak appeared in Hoenn in the middle and in DP in the middle. Prof. Oak usually gets an episode out of the lab in every saga. Why is anyone shocked?
    People are trying to justify an episodes focus on him lol.

People are trying to justify an episodes focus on him lol.
    He's Samuel Motherf*cking Oak. That's all the reason we need.:]
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Well Oak already has other Pokemon and like I said, he doesn't appear often enough to get a lot of chances to battle in the first place. He's a professor anyway so he shouldn't have to battle at all in my opinion.

Well aside from possibly catching Rotom for research purposes, I can't see what else Oak would want a Rotom for. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    People dare question the motives of the mighty Oak? The disrespect. I'm glad OG professor is doing something different on screen for once.
    I love Oak deep down, but why do I get the feeling that he'll end up being kidnapped by either Rotom or Team Rocket at one point in the episode?

It's good to see Oak his getting his regional focus episode.

He got a tonne in OS, but AG071 and DP139 were definetly the main in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    He's Samuel Motherf*cking Oak. That's all the reason we need.:]
    This is true, I see no problem with. However others...

Well Oak already has other Pokemon and like I said, he doesn't appear often enough to get a lot of chances to battle in the first place. He's a professor anyway so he shouldn't have to battle at all in my opinion.

Well aside from possibly catching Rotom for research purposes, I can't see what else Oak would want a Rotom for. :x

I love Oak deep down, but why do I get the feeling that he'll end up being kidnapped by either Rotom or Team Rocket at one point in the episode?
    Well Gary should just release his pokemon then lol.

He could be catching it for plot purposes of the episode. We don't know what's happening here, for all we know, Rotom is causing problems so Oak decides to catch it so it wont cause havoc, he could end up releasing it in the end if Rotom changes it's ways.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

He could be catching it for plot purposes of the episode. We don't know what's happening here, for all we know, Rotom is causing problems so Oak decides to catch it so it wont cause havoc, he could end up releasing it in the end if Rotom changes it's ways.
    Oh god teh trolling >_<!!
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 20th March 2013 at 6:39 PM.

Of course Oak is catching it for plot purposes, and not just the episode but the general plot of the anime overall.

I don't see why it's such a big deal.

Absolutely any character can catch a Pokemon EVEN if they don't use the Pokemon to battle. Just because we don't see a captured Pokemon frequently (aside from the main characters, Ash, Iris, Cilan - Jessie James etc.) doesn't mean the capture is pointless at all.

I'm ashamed the fandom has such thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Of course Oak is catching it for plot purposes, and not just the episode but the general plot of the anime overall.

Absolutely any character can catch a Pokemon EVEN if they don't use the Pokemon to battle. Just because we don't see a captured Pokemon frequently (aside from the main characters, Ash, Iris, Cilan - Jessie James etc.) doesn't mean the capture is pointless at all.

People are just made that this episode is cutting into the characters screentime which they never use...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

I doubt a Rotom in Oak's hands would have that much effect. This is just a bit too much, considering Oak's lowkey appearances half of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I doubt a Rotom in Oak's hands would have that much effect. This is just a bit too much, considering Oak's lowkey appearances half of the time.
    Anything that is done in the anime and effects a character is done for the general plot of the anime overall.

From this episode onwards (considering he doesn't release it) Oak will always have a Rotom. That definetly effects the general plot, not just one episode like a filler does.

A simple solution that is never used in the anime. Especially the evil teams, who will do anything but catching the Pokemon, which results in losing their control over it. It would be interesting to see the alternative.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    A simple solution that is never used in the anime. Especially the evil teams, who will do anything but catching the Pokemon, which results in losing their control over it. It would be interesting to see the alternative.
    LOL that would be some trolling shiz -_-....catching a pokemon just to release it later....this isn't a competition.

Considering Rotom has some backstory in the games involving scientific research on it think its makes sense we have an episode with Prof. Oak doing research of his own which includes catching one.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast