Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E6 - Professor Oak [FIRST POST UPDATED 05/08]

I really don't see the problem with Oak catching a Rotom. Didn't he catch a Pidgey, back in Johto? So I don't see what's wrong with him getting Rotom. We don't know if it won't appear again after this episode, do we?
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I really don't see the problem with Oak catching a Rotom. Didn't he catch a Pidgey, back in Johto? So I don't see what's wrong with him getting Rotom. We don't know if it won't appear again after this episode, do we?
    Apparently people find it weird that a pokemon professor/researsher wants to capture a pokemon and study it, who would have though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Well he battles Rotom with something so he has another pokemon, we just don't know what.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Well he battles Rotom with something so he has another pokemon, we just don't know what.
    Doesn't he have a Dragonite? or he can ask his grandson for a pokemon, still he obviously has some, he has to have some Blastoise/Charizard/Venusaur to breed at the lab so he can give the babies to starting trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Doesn't he have a Dragonite? or he can ask his grandson for a pokemon, still he obviously has some, he has to have some Blastoise/Charizard/Venusaur to breed at the lab so he can give the babies to starting trainers.
    Yes he does, however we can't just assume that is who he will use lol. It's been a long time so he might debut two new pokemon here.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Yes he does, however we can't just assume that is who he will use lol. It's been a long time so he might debut two new pokemon here.
    Sure why not, I though you were asking if he had pokemon at all for some reason, must be the lack of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Sure why not, I though you were asking if he had pokemon at all for some reason, must be the lack of sleep.
    I was merely saying we don't know what pokemon he is using to battle lol.

It's possible that this episode will feature a new Forme of Rotom for Gen. 6. I mean, Rotom' s reappearance and capture must have SOME significant reason, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    It's possible that this episode will feature a new Forme of Rotom for Gen. 6. I mean, Rotom' s reappearance and capture must have SOME significant reason, right?
    Well I mean they only appeared in one filler lol. Another episode couldn't hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Not necessarily. It seems like this arc is a parade of past-gen Pokemon in general.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm excited about. The possibility that Stuart Zagnit might reprise his role as Oak . He did get to do Cedric Juniper not too long ago so yeah.
    Yeah, it's definitely possible.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely possible.
    Who did his voice in the subway two parter?? And the first few BW episodes??

I think carter cathcart did oaks voice.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Any new information.

Spoiler:- Scan:

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Who did his voice in the subway two parter?? And the first few BW episodes??
    Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi has done his voice since Battle Frontier and in those episodes.

I've actually talked to him before on Facebook. He's a very nice person despite his Oak voice being pretty...yeesh. I have a lot of respect for him even though I don't show it that often.

I prefer his older voice, though (along with the others myself).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 29th March 2013 at 2:06 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Carter Cathcart/Jimmy Zoppi has done his voice since Battle Frontier and in those episodes.

I've actually talked to him before on Facebook. He's a very nice person despite his Oak voice being pretty...yeesh. I have a lot of respect for him even though I don't show it that often.

I prefer his older voice, though (along with the others myself).
    Exactly, so why would they change now lol??

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    I think carter cathcart did oaks voice.
    Correct. Yeah, it's definitely him. While I do like Cathcart's James (since it sounds like Stuart's with a cold-- I prefer Eric's James the most out of the dub voices since he made him the most hilarious char on the show), Carter's Meowth is pretty rough and deep (though his voice acting is alright), and his Professor Oak is just...satisfactory/alright, IMO.

Exactly, so why would they change now lol??
    Good point. I mean, he IS the newer generation's Professor Oak, and Cathcart is still on the show. I doubt it'll happen, but us older dub fans can always hope Mr. Zagnit comes back in the role since he plays Professor Juniper's Dad now in TPCi. I always liked Professor Oak's voice in 4Kids.

Anyway, back on topic, the prospect of Oak getting a Rotom in BWS2: Da! is pretty interesting to say the least. Is he gonna do one of his famous senryu's for us?
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 29th March 2013 at 5:22 PM.

Correct. Yeah, it's definitely him. While I do like Cathcart's James (since it sounds like Stuart's with a cold-- I prefer Eric's James the most out of the dub voices since he made him the most hilarious char on the show), Carter's Meowth is pretty rough and deep (though his voice acting is alright), and his Professor Oak is just...satisfactory/alright, IMO.

Good point. I mean, he IS the newer generation's Professor Oak, and Cathcart is still on the show. I doubt it'll happen, but us older dub fans can always hope Mr. Zagnit comes back in the role since he plays Professor Juniper's Dad now in TPCi. I always liked Professor Oak's voice in 4Kids.

Anyway, back on topic, the prospect of Oak getting a Rotom in BWS2: Da! is pretty interesting to say the least. Is he gonna do one of his famous senryu's for us?
    Lol most likely, he always does a poem.

I hope we get to see him put his finger up again and hear the little JPN sounds in the background. That'd be great.

I don't get why the characters make such a big deal about his poetry. Dawn was the biggest culprit.

Wait... what did Robert do this time?

Random : PokéRadar

We got scenes of the Rotom formes wrecking stuff. One using Flamethrower, one using Leaf Storm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    We got scenes of the Rotom formes wrecking stuff. One using Flamethrower, one using Leaf Storm, etc.
    Probably it was Overheat, since Rotom can't learn Flamethrower.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Last edited by playerking; 14th April 2013 at 1:57 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

So the Rotom are messing around and destroying stuff for their own entertainment; where have I seen that before? Seriously, the writers didn't do much to differentiate this episode from the Old Chateau one from DP. It's almost like I'm watching the exact same episode. That's not a good sign of things to come. :c

Kind of lame that it's what we expected...the rotom to be causing trouble.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast