Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: BWS2DA!E10 - Jirachi [FIRST POST 06/01]

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Well it is a half hour episode, not a movie. Were you really expecting like some huge plot with Something really big?
    No, one could only wish. I'm a 'go ahead and get it done with' kind of person, so I was thinking that the confrontation would be within the first few days and then a small montage of everyone playing with Jirachi, or whatever the heck they would do, and then goodbyes.

I don't have much of an attachment to the anime anymore, but I was just hoping it would be a little less...how do I put this...shallow?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

I actually find myself interested in this episode, sure Team Rocket are here but putting them aside I've found a few things that look investing about it. This is going to take place a little more than a month before the real life Tanabata Star Festival iirc. The possibility of Jirachi: Wish Maker music seems likely given we've gotten Zoroark movie music as well. Jirachi's just one of my favorite legendary Pokemon period so that's something to look forward too, I noticed in the preview the Jirachi used Swift which is a move that the event Jirachi knows as well. Seeing Meteor Mash and Healing Wish isn't a given, but it would be a nice way of referencing that event. I know the plot doesn't seem like anything to write home about, Holly wants Jirachi's help to renew her soiled land and Satoshi-tachi will search for it and TR will attack and put Jirachi in a critical enough state for something to happen apparently. But still, this seems like a nice episode that touches on Pokemon mythology with the seven day miracle and the Millennium Comet. I think episodes like that are legit enjoyable if handled with care, even with a cookie-cutter plot centralized around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I actually find myself interested in this episode, sure Team Rocket are here but putting them aside I've found a few things that look investing about it. This is going to take place a little more than a month before the real life Tanabata Star Festival iirc. The possibility of Jirachi: Wish Maker music seems likely given we've gotten Zoroark movie music as well. Jirachi's just one of my favorite legendary Pokemon period so that's something to look forward too, I noticed in the preview the Jirachi used Swift which is a move that the event Jirachi knows as well. Seeing Meteor Mash and Healing Wish isn't a given, but it would be a nice way of referencing that event. I know the plot doesn't seem like anything to write home about, Holly wants Jirachi's help to renew her soiled land and Satoshi-tachi will search for it and TR will attack and put Jirachi in a critical enough state for something to happen apparently. But still, this seems like a nice episode that touches on Pokemon mythology with the seven day miracle and the Millennium Comet. I think episodes like that are legit enjoyable if handled with care, even with a cookie-cutter plot centralized around them.
    That's a cool piece of trivia, I've never heard of it. I'm not sure if it were intentional for the timing to be near that festival. Anyway, Jirachi is also one of my favorite so I'm extremely happy to see it's anime debut after so long.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Am I the only one that would like to see a boss fantasy here? I really hope Team Rocket wants Jirachi because: Jessie wants to be famous, James wants to complete is precious collection and Meowyh wants to be the top cat (everything explain as a fantasy). It would be so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by TanukiKing View Post
    Am I the only one that would like to see a boss fantasy here? I really hope Team Rocket wants Jirachi because: Jessie wants to be famous, James wants to complete is precious collection and Meowyh wants to be the top cat (everything explain as a fantasy). It would be so cool!
    As much as we would all love that, the writers in BW simply aren't interested in developing TR as people with their own thoughts, hopes, and dreams anymore.

your not alone in wanting that. it would be cool, but the writers seem to have dropped the boss fantasies. tr just seem to be there and have little to no development.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

You are right . TR have been receiving zero development this series.

You are right . TR have been receiving zero development this series.
    Incorrect, BW gave them the most development they had since ages.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    As much as we would all love that, the writers in BW simply aren't interested in developing TR as people with their own thoughts, hopes, and dreams anymore.
    You do realize they stopped developing after OS, right? Musashi was a garbage Coordinator and a joke TBH, as much as I wanted to see her give Hikari a true GF battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    And then they lost it all with no explanation. Looks like being on Unovian lands grants them competiveness.

Didn't they stop doing boss fantasies in DP? I'm glad they're gone because they were all the same; just Meowth exaggerating and thinking that he would be rewarded if he gave Giovanni a Pokemon that 99% of the time would be totally useless anyway. They were never funny imo, so I don't want them back. I'm not even sure why Team Rocket is here to be honest. I guess they're just creating chaos for the sake of chaos or something?

Btw, there's a new preview airing today right?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Didn't they stop doing boss fantasies in DP?
    No. The fantasies became a recurring thing in Johto all the way up to the end of Sinnoh.

Didn't they stop doing boss fantasies in DP? I'm glad they're gone because they were all the same; just Meowth exaggerating and thinking that he would be rewarded if he gave Giovanni a Pokemon that 99% of the time would be totally useless anyway. They were never funny imo, so I don't want them back. I'm not even sure why Team Rocket is here to be honest. I guess they're just creating chaos for the sake of chaos or something?

Btw, there's a new preview airing today right?
    Yes & glad to see we have a mutual understanding with the boss fantasies. To answer your question, Team Rocket is here because their VA's were whining, wanting the unfunny Team Rocket back in every possible episode, whether their existence there is relevant or not.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

I don't get why people keep blaming the voice actors. It's more likely that it's the audience the true cause of their shift. And again, comedy can't be generalized.

Anyway... I still don't understand how making the land fertile again will make the father of the COTD return. Where is the connection?
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    You do realize they stopped developing after OS, right? Musashi was a garbage Coordinator and a joke TBH, as much as I wanted to see her give Hikari a true GF battle.

Pretty much.
    She started as a garbage coordinator, then through hard work pushed herself to the top 4 of a grand festival.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 23rd June 2013 at 1:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    She started as a garbage coordinator, then through hard work pushed herself to the top 4 of a grand festival.
    She did so utilizing two ribbons she didn't even win and the others were short montages/off-screen wins against the likes of Kengo. But this is getting off-topic.....

In any case, I'm wondering if Jirachi's being pushed to its limits might lead to a new move for it?

Last edited by i2i; 23rd June 2013 at 2:00 AM.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    This episode seems a strange mix between "Jirachi: Wish Maker" and "The Power Of One" (with the pedestal). But were are the Ghosts? I'm starting to doubt that they will appear here.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Best part was the Japanese wipe out scene.

The least the animators could have done is give JIRACHI a cooler attack than swift.

Eek, that was such a cutesy preview. I get that Jirachi's being promoted here, but I really wanted to see some other parts of the episode. And I agree that this episode seems like a strange hybrid of movies two and six, which isn't really a complaint nor a compliment. I'm just not sure how they'll fit together yet. And what was that anime at the end?

The one thing that looks really good is the animation, and the fact it is as night. I like the atmosphere if the night episodes.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Boss fantasies may very well come back, sadly. The Rotom episode had a halfhearted one.

I think it's worth noting that if Jirachi movie music is used here, it will be the first time in all of BW that music from a movie before Arceus and the Jewel of Life was used.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I don't get why people keep blaming the voice actors. It's more likely that it's the audience the true cause of their shift.
    Well, we do know that the seiyuu were the ones who got the writers to put mottoes and blast-offs in every single episode back at the beginning.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Well, we do know that the seiyuu were the ones who got the writers to put mottoes and blast-offs in every single episode back at the beginning.
    People tend to underestimate the effect respected seiyuu in Japan can have on production, and Jessie and James' ones are very well-respected.

Megumi Hayashibara actually came up with the whole "Jessie as a nurse" episode idea from Johto, so the writers have been influenced by her before.

And what was that anime at the end?
    Gintama. It was an ad for the upcoming movie.

someone should catch jirachi blah blah blah blah.......sorry couldn't resist folks.
    but seriously do you think ash or one of his companions will try and get jirachi to grant their wishes to complete their respectives goals or something. did what I say make any sense?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast