Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 404

Thread: BWS2DA!E10 - Jirachi [FIRST POST 06/01]

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Are ghost type pokemon the same as pokemon ghosts though?
    They could have been protecting Jirachi when they were living.

    They could have died protecting him.

    YOU DON'T KNOW THESE THINGs.


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Are ghost type pokemon the same as pokemon ghosts though?
    I don't think they are.

  3. #228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    I don't think they are.
    Only that you'll turn into a Gastly if you were a Pokémon.

    ...And you'll turn into a Yamask if you were a human.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    I must say, I was looking forward to Jirachi's animé debut, but sadly, Zoroark's has turned me down. I doubt this will be good. I've got two episodes I'm looking forward to now:
    - Clair and the potential split up from the NegaiShipping-pair. Otherwise I'm praying for new titles soon.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,060

    Default

    Jirachi isn't the most interesting of legendaries. I'm just curious if Movie 6 will get a reference at all.

  6. #231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Jirachi isn't the most interesting of legendaries. I'm just curious if Movie 6 will get a reference at all.
    Hmm So far Every Pokemon from one of the films thats appeared in the series has gotten that so I assume so.
    Flashbacks from AG For once, wow!Latley its been Kanto.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  7. #232
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Jirachi isn't the most interesting of legendaries. I'm just curious if Movie 6 will get a reference at all.
    I guess from the pixies the only one I probably like less than Jirachi is Celebi(sorry Serebii ). I hope not.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 3rd June 2013 at 1:37 PM.

  8. #233

    Default

    Sounds like a fun episode, but yeah i'm only interested in a Movie 6 reference too.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    I can't see movie 6 getting a reference at all. When ash saw zoroark, there weren't any movie 13 references. He never referenced movie 8 anytime seeing lucario, and basically for the rest of the movies.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I can't see movie 6 getting a reference at all. When ash saw zoroark, there weren't any movie 13 references. He never referenced movie 8 anytime seeing lucario, and basically for the rest of the movies.
    He knew what an Aura Sphere was in DP when Lucario debuted and iirc knew Zorua's name upon seeing it.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    He knew what an Aura Sphere was in DP when Lucario debuted and iirc knew Zorua's name upon seeing it.
    But that isn't referencing the movies at all. Ash didn't say something like "I remember the lucario I bonded with this one time" or something like that. I just think people are expecting that they will reference max and may or something right from the movie.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    He knew what an Aura Sphere was in DP when Lucario debuted and iirc knew Zorua's name upon seeing it.
    Youke's right. He doesn't reference the movie. We infer it from his reactions, that is all.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  13. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    He knew what an Aura Sphere was in DP when Lucario debuted and iirc knew Zorua's name upon seeing it.
    He knew Lucario too iirc. And he knew what Aura was, I believe, when Dawn didn't.


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    2,554

    Default

    Wonder if Jirachi's signature move will be seen in this.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But that isn't referencing the movies at all. Ash didn't say something like "I remember the lucario I bonded with this one time" or something like that. I just think people are expecting that they will reference max and may or something right from the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Youke's right. He doesn't reference the movie. We infer it from his reactions, that is all.
    :


    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    He knew Lucario too iirc. And he knew what Aura was, I believe, when Dawn didn't.

    Adding to what 00poke_maniac said, in the Riolu special he brought up Wave-Guiding a.k.a Aura. If he had learned about that in Sinnoh Hikari would have known what it was as well, which she didn't. Also Raimon City was mentioned as Kodai's hometown, so yeah.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Wonder if Jirachi's signature move will be seen in this.
    that would be good. we've only seen it once in m06, but why would it use it?

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  17. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    that would be good. we've only seen it once in m06, but why would it use it?
    To fend of team rocket maybe? or the ghosts

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    But that isn't referencing the movies at all. Ash didn't say something like "I remember the lucario I bonded with this one time" or something like that. I just think people are expecting that they will reference max and may or something right from the movie.
    Okay.. Remember the Sinnoh League:

    - Darkrai is out for the count
    - Tobias sends out Latios
    - Ash (paraphrased): "Latios.. o.0"

    Now.. Ash knew the name of that pokemon, so what was his reference? Not the pokédex, he didn't use it initially, hence, the it HAS to be the movie, hence the movie was referenced.

    Same with Aura Sphere, Aura and Lucario. The explicit statement isn't needed at all for us to know that Ash is referencing to an event he has witnessed in a movie.

    Ps. Love the Sinnoh League so much compared to the Unova's atrocity of a league.. -.-

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Youke's right. He doesn't reference the movie. We infer it from his reactions, that is all.
    These short mentions are however just as effective in canonizing the movies as explicit references would be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Wonder if Jirachi's signature move will be seen in this.
    Serene Grace + Iron Head?

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Adding to what 00poke_maniac said, in the Riolu special he brought up Wave-Guiding a.k.a Aura. If he had learned about that in Sinnoh Hikari would have known what it was as well, which she didn't. Also Raimon City was mentioned as Kodai's hometown, so yeah.
    This doesn't make M13 canon though. Only when a movie is referenced in the animé does it become canon. An animé location being brought up in a movie doesn't do much other then acknowledge that the animé location exist in movie canon as well, it doesn't mean that the character from the movie canon exists in the animé canon.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Okay.. Remember the Sinnoh League:

    - Darkrai is out for the count
    - Tobias sends out Latios
    - Ash (paraphrased): "Latios.. o.0"

    Now.. Ash knew the name of that pokemon, so what was his reference? Not the pokédex, he didn't use it initially, hence, the it HAS to be the movie, hence the movie was referenced.

    Same with Aura Sphere, Aura and Lucario. The explicit statement isn't needed at all for us to know that Ash is referencing to an event he has witnessed in a movie.

    Ps. Love the Sinnoh League so much compared to the Unova's atrocity of a league.. -.-



    These short mentions are however just as effective in canonizing the movies as explicit references would be.



    Serene Grace + Iron Head?



    This doesn't make M13 canon though. Only when a movie is referenced in the animé does it become canon. An animé location being brought up in a movie doesn't do much other then acknowledge that the animé location exist in movie canon as well, it doesn't mean that the character from the movie canon exists in the animé canon.
    Yeah, I never disagreed to that. I mean the writers can't exactly spoon feed us, right?

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  20. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minion Island
    Posts
    9,103

    Default

    The VA List.

    Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Jirachi
    Frillish
    Holly
    Lotus
    Kakuto
    Last edited by playerking; 19th June 2013 at 8:12 AM.

    Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

    Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,746

    Default

    Well, I guess Frillish finally making a fourth appearance is better than nothing.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The VA List.

    Ash
    Iris
    Cilan
    Pikachu
    Axew
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Jirachi
    Frillish
    Holly
    Lotus
    Kakuto
    Not interested, if Pikachu is apparently Ash's only Pokemon. Yeah I get that Leavanny could show up, I guess, but still, maybe the preview will be better.

    And shame about team rocket, I liked it when the writers DIDN'T use them as a crutch.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Not interested, if Pikachu is apparently Ash's only Pokemon. Yeah I get that Leavanny could show up, I guess, but still, maybe the preview will be better.

    And shame about team rocket, I liked it when the writers DIDN'T use them as a crutch.
    so could charizard and snivy. plus we don't know who voices the other humans so others could appear.

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    so could charizard and snivy. plus we don't know who voices the other humans so others could appear.
    I'm only interested in Leavanny, Krookodile, Boldore, Palpitoad, and Scraggy.

    I would say Unfezant but....Charizard.

    Now I don't have a problem with Charizard, but it's not like it has done anything vital since returning (well I guess ignoring the Pignite bullet seed in nose episode, and a little bit of the 2nd to final episode of the Team Plasma Reshiram plot) and I would rather just see the Pokemon listed, perhaps even firing off attacks.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm only interested in Leavanny, Krookodile, Boldore, Palpitoad, and Scraggy.
    Well we know Leavanny and Boldore have a chance to appear. The others could appear, depending on who voices the human COTD's.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Now I don't have a problem with Charizard, but it's not like it has done anything vital since returning (well I guess ignoring the Pignite bullet seed in nose episode, and a little bit of the 2nd to final episode of the Team Plasma Reshiram plot) and I would rather just see the Pokemon listed, perhaps even firing off attacks.
    Heck this could be the episode where Charizard finally does something. It taking on a Dusknoir,Gengar & Banette could be entertaining.

    But I do see your point. I'd much rather see Palpitoad or Boldore take them on.

    If this was earlier in the series I would of said seeing Scraggy lose horribly to them, inspiring it to learn a dark type move

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •