Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Battlefield Thread

Default The Battlefield Thread

Was very surprised to not see a thread for the Battlefield series, especially with its superiority over COD.* Anyway, this thread is for discussion of the Battlefield series by EA.

*This is my opinion and was not meant to offend COD lovers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 13th March 2013 at 2:40 PM.

Well End Game has now come out for all Premium members and I got to try it out a bit yesterday. So far I can say that Air Superiority sucks, all the good pilots are just raping evreyone else. CTF is actually kinda good if you have a team that actually knows what it's doing, otherwise it just turns into campfest.

The maps themselves are okay, though I liked the Aftermath and Armored Kill maps a lot more.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I'll have to download it sooner or later as a Premium member. What exactly is included in End Game anyway?
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Some new dog tags and weapon camos, the M1911 with both Tac Light and Suppressor, four new maps, the AA Hummer and two new game modes (Capture The Flag and Air Superiority).

Edit: Oh yeah and the dirtbikes as well.
    Last edited by AuroriumX; 13th March 2013 at 10:14 PM.

I only have Back To Karkand, but planning on getting premiumship soon.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

So, does anybody still play Battlefield 1942?

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    So, does anybody still play Battlefield 1942?
    Since it's now free I did download it a month ago and played a few rounds online with a friend. I have to say that even though it does feel quite dated it is still great fun to play.

Great, now I have to get BF1942 V.61 to download Forgotten Hope mod.

Only 4 days to go until the BF4 reveal trailer. I'm not expecting much but it's certainly interesting to see what DICE has in store for the next installment in the series.

Sorry for the double post, but the first gameplay of Battlefied 4 has been revealed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

Looks more like BF 3.5 but I have to say it still looks awesome.

Fishing in Baku was awesome, since I'm in Baku now. This will be epic to play, but what I really want is less focus on campaign, and focus on what's really important. Blowing s*** up in multiplayer.

Battlefield 4 looks absolutely incredible. Will blow the 2013 COD out of the water.
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 9th April 2013 at 2:39 AM.

I really hope DICE gets it right with the SP this time. Open maps, with plenty of vehicles to choose from, instead of trying to do CoD's style of a linear, follow-the-arrow story.

(And no, I'm not hating on CoD or anything, I'm simply pointing out that CoD SP style doesn't fit with BF.)

I'm a big Battlefield fan, and I mostly play the Forgotten Hope mod for BF1942 online on the Pixel Fighter server.
    I also play some Project Reality for BF2 and sometimes BF3 on both PC and PS3 (mostly on PC), where I'm a Premium member. The map packs maps are in my opinion the best ones, especially those from Aftermath, which gave me new interest for the game.
    The trailer for BF4 was quite "meh", looking more like BF3 v2. I guess I'll reach my verdict when multiplayer gameplay is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster[NOR] View Post
    I'm a big Battlefield fan, and I mostly play the Forgotten Hope mod for BF1942 online on the Pixel Fighter server.
    WOO, somebody in this forum who plays that mod!

Finally got that freaking ''Rambo'' assignment in BF3. Really took forever to get those 5 multikills.

I'm still waiting for BF 2143 to come out! Probably not for another 5 years at this rate.
    Gift for Kanix
    Made by RJ FIGHTER

Quote Originally Posted by Kanix View Post
    I'm still waiting for BF 2143 to come out! Probably not for another 5 years at this rate.
    I'm more in hope of Bad Company 3, though 2143 would be sweet as well.

RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT POSSIBLE DEVELOPER FOR BAD COMPANY 3 IN 2014

*The annual releases might not be the best decision, but until they attempt it and fail, I'm not against it
    I never so much as considered this until I saw this video but it makes perfect sense. There is literally no better choice (besides DICE) to make a Battlefield game. Watch the video, it explains this theory very well.

DICE shows interest in eSports for BF4

Competitive gaming has been a big aspect in many Battlefield games in the past, but DICE is looking to integrate some things into the game that will help out that part of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    I really hope DICE gets it right with the SP this time. Open maps, with plenty of vehicles to choose from, instead of trying to do CoD's style of a linear, follow-the-arrow story.

(And no, I'm not hating on CoD or anything, I'm simply pointing out that CoD SP style doesn't fit with BF.)
    Rumour is they are working on their characters, which is good. In many campaigns nowadays, they manage to build some sympathy for the characters and make you want to see what happens to them, which is definitely something Battlefield campaigns lack.

I do quite enjoy their idea of "implementing MP mechanics into SP" such as destruction and tactical playstyles, like blowing down a wall with your rocket and flanking the enemies holding you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    RESPAWN ENTERTAINMENT POSSIBLE DEVELOPER FOR BAD COMPANY 3 IN 2014

*The annual releases might not be the best decision, but until they attempt it and fail, I'm not against it
    I never so much as considered this until I saw this video but it makes perfect sense. There is literally no better choice (besides DICE) to make a Battlefield game. Watch the video, it explains this theory very well.

DICE shows interest in eSports for BF4

Competitive gaming has been a big aspect in many Battlefield games in the past, but DICE is looking to integrate some things into the game that will help out that part of the community.

Rumour is they are working on their characters, which is good. In many campaigns nowadays, they manage to build some sympathy for the characters and make you want to see what happens to them, which is definitely something Battlefield campaigns lack.

I do quite enjoy their idea of "implementing MP mechanics into SP" such as destruction and tactical playstyles, like blowing down a wall with your rocket and flanking the enemies holding you down.
    I really don't like the annual relaese thing, I have a feeling that the same will to happen BF that happened to Assassin's Creed. When releases become annual there really isn't much time to hone and polish the game to be as good as it can be.

However I'm kinda interested to see what Respawn Entertainment would be able to do with the BF franchise and Bad Company 3 would be a good place to start. This would also leave DICE the chance of concentrating on only one game at a time and make it as good as they can possibly make it.
    Last edited by AuroriumX; 10th April 2013 at 1:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I really don't like the annual relaese thing, I have a feeling that the same will to happen BF that happened to Assassin's Creed. When releases become annual there really isn't much time to hone and polish the game to be as good as it can be.
    But if they bring in another developer, that gives each one two years to make a game. Just as much time as if there was a single Battlefield every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ignika View Post
    But if they bring in another developer, that gives each one two years to make a game. Just as much time as if there was a single Battlefield every other year.
    Yes, that's why it's great to see another developer taking on the BF franchise. With DICE and Respawn Entertainment both making BF games they should be able to keep giving us quality games. At least that's what I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Yes, that's why it's great to see another developer taking on the BF franchise. With DICE and Respawn Entertainment both making BF games they should be able to keep giving us quality games. At least that's what I hope.
    wut

Anyway, I think DICE needs to make BF4 a heavily-PC focused game unlike the last 2 games (BC2/BF3), which it seems like they might be since they're supposedly bringing back commander mode.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    wut

Anyway, I think DICE needs to make BF4 a heavily-PC focused game unlike the last 2 games (BC2/BF3), which it seems like they might be since they're supposedly bringing back commander mode.
    Well Bad Company 2 was pretty good across all platforms.

Bad Company 3 anyone?

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast