Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: The 5th Gen IGRMT Archive

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default The 5th Gen IGRMT Archive

    This is the place where all the Threads who have helped shape this Section. Enjoy.

    Nomination

    Anyone can nominate a thread to enter the IGTR Archive; however, whether or not your thread enters it is the decision of a small approval committee, comprised of experienced raters (currently myself, [GS], peacemaker987, Ampy and Zhanton).

    Format: Well, I can read English well enough, so the requirements here are fairly loose. As long as you post a link to the thread and an explanation, it's fine.

    Troll threads and flame wars etc are perfectly eligible for nomination, and some of them can be quite funny. However, please try not to abuse this privilige.

    General Rules

    ~ All SPPf Rules apply
    ~ Feel free to discuss any of the Threads in the archive here; you can still post here even if you don't nominate, but DON'T use this as a PC+1 excuse. Spamming is regarded as it would be anywhere else.
    ~ Consistent rulebreakers and trolls will be added to the ban list. If you are on the ban list you may not post here until the approval committee deems it fit

    Ban List

    None.


    Desinated Pages


    I have decided on a method to make it easier to both search and find Threads worthy of being entered; each member of the Commitee will be designated a certain amount of pages of this section (numerical order) to search in, for Threads who may be entered. Below is a list.

    • Aura Sensai ~ Pages 1 ~ 37
    • peacemaker987 ~ Pages 38 ~ 75
    • Ampy ~ Pages 76 ~ 113
    • [GS] ~ Pages 114 ~ 151
    • Zhanton ~ Pages 151 ~ 187

    The Archive

    Battle Subway Teams


    20 / 8 / 11: He's Back {~>Subway RMT<~} by [GS]. Highest Streak: 462

    Among one of the best BS Teams ever, [GS]' Team proved you don't always need above average Pokemon to win. Once again, consisting of Shuckle as was his BT Team, he achieved a very high Streak using it.

    08 / 7 / 12: Making Due with what we're given [Battle Subway RMT] by randomn00b.

    This Team is notable for introducing the Entrainment + Truant Chain, whereas you would lead with Durant to give the opponent Truant, then go to a Sweeper and alternate between Protect and a Boosting Move until you reach +6

    In Game Teams

    CRMT and Semi-CRMT

    Troll Threads and SERIOUS TEAMS

    14 / 8 / 12: has anybody seen teh nubz lately? by Aura Sensai.

    This Thread was initially thought to be a Sample Team, but I was really trolling. Most people treated it as offensive, and to top it off Lapras! had an argument with some random person near the end of it.

    03 / 7 / 12: Yolol by Aura Sensai.

    Around the time of this Thread, many people were trolling. Among them was me, and since Lapras! had decided to start a little Game, I wanted to make my own aswell. It ended in less than two days.

    19 / 6 / 12: Cats Are Nice by Lapras!

    One of Lapras!' first Troll Threads, it started off as a harmless Thread about cats and it then became a trend to flame each other. After generating over 50 replies, it was finally closed.

    03 / 7 / 12: You All Suck by Lapras!

    A reccuring thing, this Thread helped turn IGRMT into the state it had previously been in a few years back. Although funny, it featured many flame wars, and after that everyone considered Lapras! to have become a troll. It turned this Section into a troll welcome environment.

    14 / 4 / 12: Find A Thread returns! by Lapras!

    At this point, IGRMT had lost most of it's activity, however with Lapras! bringing back Find A Thread, some of the previous regulars came back to join in. It brought back a little peace of history from 4th Gen.

    Get nominating!

    And if you have any questions, objections, or comments, don't hesitate to put them forward.

    Credits to AlCario for writing the bulk of this post.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 22nd March 2013 at 8:39 PM.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    weee

    I'd like to nominate Cats Are Nice and You All Suck by Lapras! Both of those Threads were hilarious and worth the read imo. Idk, what do you guys think?

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    I like "donate NOW to help a good cause!" for some odd reason. I just laughed a bit when i first read it. It also show how our friendship (or you guys friendship, since i wasn't here that time) had through so much things. Again, it's not a spectacular team (i like it though. Used one time when tedious taked over my life) but i think someone will get it.

    Good luck with the archive. I'm happy i am here when this thread is up and i'll be part of it somehow, haha!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kanto/Johto
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Here. And no not contributing just want to be part of history or something

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    Here. And no not contributing just want to be part of history or something
    Posting only, will not make you "part of the story". At least post a link to any good team and they'll see.

    I'm here for awhile, I've made some teams here, I've trolled here, I've raged, i did many things here, so i can say I'm "part of it" even if it's just a bit, but you; no. You just come now, you don't even have a team here, and even if you had, Logan or, anyone, really, would just nominate it as the "fun thread", a team to you see and notice how laughable it is. So yeah, at least do something, otherwise....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    ((JAWS)), I give you one chance, if you spam up this Thread one more time you're getting on the Ban List.

    I think I might add that Thread later on, but I'd like for some other people to get their view first.

    Also, I'm going to add Lapras!' two Threads.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    ((JAWS)), I give you one chance, if you spam up this Thread one more time you're getting on the Ban List.
    Spamming for the sake of spamming is also against the rules, so... /:

    Can't wait to dig up some stuff. ^^

    ^Click it!^

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    ^^ Thanks Joe.

    Found another Thread that I thought would be a nice addition.

    sandstorm team by dpdude. I guess this might be a waste of time, but it showed a solid SCRMT and proved dpdude had learned and improved himself in terms of Pokemon. I'd say it's useful for people here who are doubting Rating, as it proves people can improve, if you look at dpdude back in 2009.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,423

    Default

    A bit late but throwing my support behind Lapras's two threads being added.

    Not too keen on dpdude's Sandstorm team though. I don't know, personally I don't think it's that brilliant of a team, at least not Archive-worthy based solely on how solidly the team built. I can't say I knew who dpdude is prior to five minutes ago but looking up his thread history I guess he has improved. That said though although the thread shows he's improved, personally I don't think the thread is Archive-worthy. Just my two cents though.

    Speaking of, what exactly are the criteria for threads being archived? Like I'm not sure what to do with all of the threads that were posted in the first month or so of BW - they were the first teams of the section, and looking back of course the movesets aren't perfect because we didn't know better back then, but since they were the first threads of the section and thus helped shape the section would that make them archive-worthy?

    Looking forward to digging up old threads though! I personally like the fact that I've been assigned the old threads because I wasn't around during that time so it's a neat little history experience for me as well.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Speaking of, what exactly are the criteria for threads being archived? Like I'm not sure what to do with all of the threads that were posted in the first month or so of BW - they were the first teams of the section, and looking back of course the movesets aren't perfect because we didn't know better back then, but since they were the first threads of the section and thus helped shape the section would that make them archive-worthy?
    I'm not a part of the chosen ones (insert bad pun here) so I'm not quite sure whether my words on the matter hold any power, but I vouch that we put a single team as a 'representative' of sorts. That being said, I personally don't see that big a difference between older rates and the newer ones besides the transition from Japanese to English names and a new move combo or two.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    A bit late but throwing my support behind Lapras's two threads being added.

    Not too keen on dpdude's Sandstorm team though. I don't know, personally I don't think it's that brilliant of a team, at least not Archive-worthy based solely on how solidly the team built. I can't say I knew who dpdude is prior to five minutes ago but looking up his thread history I guess he has improved. That said though although the thread shows he's improved, personally I don't think the thread is Archive-worthy. Just my two cents though.

    Speaking of, what exactly are the criteria for threads being archived? Like I'm not sure what to do with all of the threads that were posted in the first month or so of BW - they were the first teams of the section, and looking back of course the movesets aren't perfect because we didn't know better back then, but since they were the first threads of the section and thus helped shape the section would that make them archive-worthy?

    Looking forward to digging up old threads though! I personally like the fact that I've been assigned the old threads because I wasn't around during that time so it's a neat little history experience for me as well.
    All right, they've already been added.

    I thought it might be cool to add it, however I see your point. I'll wait and see for now.

    Are the Teams solid? Did they impact this Section? I guess things like that.

    Edit: What Steph said.

    Edit 2: Want to nominate End of the world guys! by Purple_Tangrowth for the use of creative movesets (imo) and some orginality. Throughout his time in this Section, he had consistently been creative, and this Thread is proof.
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 16th March 2013 at 2:47 PM.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Iunno, everything besides Rock Polish Omastar (which should so be Shell Smash, it does get it, right?) seems to be pretty bog standard. That, or I'm really out of touch with IGRMT

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Then again, it does have some rarely used Pokemon.

    Edit: Found one more.

    Find A Thread returns! by Lapras!, as it brought back the fun game that AlCario had previously invented, and I guess some culture?
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 16th March 2013 at 3:10 PM.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Nominating any and all threads by my idol Eon Master <3
    Last edited by Lapras!; 18th March 2013 at 2:45 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Wait what's going on I don't even.

    Desinated Pages

    I have decided on a method to make it easier to both search and find Threads worthy of being entered; each member of the Commitee will be designated a certain amount of pages of this section (numerical order) to search in, for Threads who may be entered. Below is a list.

    • Aura Sensai ~ Pages 1 ~ 37
    • peacemaker987 ~ Pages 38 ~ 75
    • Ampy ~ Pages 76 ~ 113
    • [GS] ~ Pages 114 ~ 151
    • Zhanton ~ Pages 151 ~ 187
    so what exactly are we doing?
    lil' ball of spheal.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Can I de-nominate Aura Sensei from the approval committee? He's 12, he doesn't know what he's doing.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapras! View Post
    Can I de-nominate Aura Sensei from the approval committee? He's 12, he doesn't know what he's doing.
    So nowadays people as young as me can't know anything about Pokemon? Whatever.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    So nowadays people as young as me can't know anything about Pokemon? Whatever.
    Well, yeah. your brain isn't fully developed yet.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    1,411

    Default

    Why do you like to start fights so much.
    lil' ball of spheal.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    283

    Default

    While what you're saying is scientifically true Lapras, you're a fucking jerk to say it. I'm pretty sure his understanding of a forum for a game aimed at kids will not be impeded by his not-completely-developed brain.
    I don't even know you at all but I'm appalled at the fact that your account is still open for use (not banned) on this forum. I've heard that Serebii has a bad rep for trolling and your existence I guess validates that rumor.
    Edit: I realize that posting this makes me a part of the problem and as I said I don't know him so who am I to say anything... I'm really not sure why I posted this at all... haha
    Last edited by Shockking; 22nd March 2013 at 7:59 AM.
    im not sure about anything

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    While what you're saying is scientifically true Lapras, you're a fucking jerk to say it. I'm pretty sure his understanding of a forum for a game aimed at kids will not be impeded by his not-completely-developed brain.
    I don't even know you at all but I'm appalled at the fact that your account is still open for use (not banned) on this forum. I've heard that Serebii has a bad rep for trolling and your existence I guess validates that rumor.
    Edit: I realize that posting this makes me a part of the problem and as I said I don't know him so who am I to say anything... I'm really not sure why I posted this at all... haha
    lol

    To make this post not spam, I'm going to nominate Magnets' reveal thread. Now go find it.
    Ich koche Spaghetti

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Where Life Starts and End
    Posts
    1,847

    Default

    Whow! Whow! Whow! WHOW, Shoccking! That was NICE! The nice reply he just deserved since the beggining of his 'trolling Actions'.

    But well...what more can we do?
    "Let the kiddies play!"
    And since now i replied to this, its better we stop this now. I don't want this thread to get locked because of this.

    EDIT: You All Suck!
    This reminds me of something...
    Last edited by Sohryu; 22nd March 2013 at 8:38 AM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shockking View Post
    While what you're saying is scientifically true Lapras, you're a fucking jerk to say it. I'm pretty sure his understanding of a forum for a game aimed at kids will not be impeded by his not-completely-developed brain.
    I don't even know you at all but I'm appalled at the fact that your account is still open for use (not banned) on this forum. I've heard that Serebii has a bad rep for trolling and your existence I guess validates that rumor.
    Edit: I realize that posting this makes me a part of the problem and as I said I don't know him so who am I to say anything... I'm really not sure why I posted this at all... haha
    Why does it make me a jerk to say it if it's true? I'm not saying Aura Sensei can't post on this forum, pokemon is a kid's game after all, but when he takes to take an active leadership role as he is doing now it's just embarrassing for him and all of us.

    I congratulate you on playing the 'he's a troll' card. It seems like here every time someone disagrees with someone all that person has to do is call the other a troll to undermine their argument. Doesn't matter what they say, if you don't agree with it, it must be trolling! That seems to be your mindset and I hate it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soroft View Post
    To make this post not spam, I'm going to nominate Magnets' reveal thread. Now go find it.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ory&highlight=

    Quote Originally Posted by Akanjăo View Post
    Whow! Whow! Whow! WHOW, Shoccking! That was NICE! The nice reply he just deserved since the beggining of his 'trolling Actions'.
    Hah. So all this time you've needed someone else to stand up to me? You couldn't even do it yourself, over the internet, with no possibility of any repercussions at all? Jesus Christ you're pathetic.

    EDIT: You All Suck!
    This reminds me of something...
    Yes, Magnets inspired my other thread. Which isn't surprising given that he had a point.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,859

    Default

    I'm just going to ignore this all.

    I'm pretty sure that it was in 4th Gen. I'm going to check.

    hmu on xbox !!!!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi. I'm alcario. You may remember me as the creator of the original archive. Or you may not remember me at all. It doesn't matter. A friend on the forum alerted me to this thread and I created this account for the sole purpose of saying what I need to.

    I created the original archive to create a snapshot of my time on this forum, and by extension, anything else anyone could contribute. Anticipating my departure, I also wanted something of a mark I could leave on the section, that could remain for a while, at least. I have long since moved on from serebii and so I am fascinated by this move, a new "archive", a continuation to what I have done. But I am not happy with this.

    While I like this idea of a fifth gen archive happening and am happy to support such a thing, my friend TheBlueRabbit's tales of SalamenceLover Logan (aka Aura Sensei) and his incompetence did not fill me with confidence when viewing this thread for the first time. I have seen Aura Sensei's activity on these forums, and I agree with Lapras: he is "just a kid". If any of you actually take the time to look at what he has "archived" here it is just a bunch of his and other random troll threads. In fact, 5/6 teams in here are troll threads, which is strange: to quote Aura Sensei himself, as ripped word for word from my original thread: "Troll threads and flame wars etc are perfectly eligible for nomination, and some of them can be quite funny. However, please try not to abuse this privilige". And looking through the threads he has selected, there is less diversity still: all AS seems to care about is himself and Lapras. This may as well be called the "Lapras Archive", an archive of all the interesting things Lapras has done. While interesting, this doesn't really have much point. All this thread does is show how useless AS is. Sorry, AS.

    If this doesn't convince you he shouldn't be in charge of thread, I will then bluntly make my position clear. Either someone experienced and competent is the active one in charge (i.e. not AS), or there is no archive at all. Simple. I will also say, the OP has shamelessly ripped my EXACT WORDS from the other thread, and since I have the power to do so, I will demand that he remove them. He can write his own if he wants. Let's see if he can manage.

    In other news, I don't understand why Shockking takes such offence at Lapras!'s comments. He makes a pretty clear point. How old are you, Shockking, 13? You sound like it.

    Anyway I would appreciate it if this thread was unstickied and closed. Just because this trash, to me, is actually a bit of an insult all the hard work I put into the other one. I know I'm not the one in charge. But I would appreciate this.

    SO. NOW THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY.

    It's been a while. How are you guys?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •