Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal Vendettas against Characters or Pokemon

Not a fan of any of the dungeon and surfing annoyances (Geodude, Zubat, etc), but Tentacool and Wingull are probably the ones that annoy me the most, especially early on in-game when money's tight and I can't afford to pocket an unlimited number of repels.

Signature by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zubeon View Post
    Cheren is the very worst thing in the franchise. He never stops showing up and he's totally unlikeable. All he wants is to win for winning's sake. He's like Ash if you removed all of the sweetness and compassion. A Dalek Ash.

Actually, every NPC in White annoys me, and makes me long for another Pokemon game without a story so I can actually get on with things.
    The fact that you're like "I really want a Pokemon game without story so I can do random crap." Really sickens me.

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Red , only because people make him out to be the most godly and amazing thing in the history of the game., only because he is the npc of gen 1. Yra, he's pretty cool and it's fun battling him, But it's not like he has a super amazing team, just very over leveled.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller
    Hah. That's such an evil word. Ven-det-tah!
    So evil in fact that my forum name makes up the first syllable.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I really dislike Misty for calling me a pest in HG/SS

Unova Rt. 20's Nursery Aide Kimya. Might was well be a Gym Leader!!
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Iris. The idea of her ranting on about everyone else being a "kid" is retarted.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Jynx
    Salon Maiden Anabel
    And the most unfavorable opinion and me being the only one ever;
    Misty
    You are not the only one! I'm with you!

And Cryoganal I hate that thing.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    Jynx
    Salon Maiden Anabel
    And the most unfavorable opinion and me being the only one ever;
    Misty
    You are not the only one! I'm with you!

And Cryoganal I hate that thing.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

My number one vendetta in the game is Tentacruel! You can never escape, and they always end up at least weakening your first Pokemon, if not fainting it from the poison. My other vendetta is probably the attack wrap, that attack is probably one of the most annoying attacks ever. Oh yeah, Max also gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I do however, completely hate the Chimchar and Tepig families... Because they are horribly designed, and, well, I hate them.
    No offense, but I have a vendetta against you for saying that. Let me explain before people get angry at me for saying this. You see, I like all of fire starters, especially the Tepig line. When ever I see or hear that they are stupid, ugly, or anything else, I usually get mad and upset, an I usually think about doing something bad to the people who hate the fire starters. Sorry if this sounds really bad. So basically, I have a vendetta against anyone that hates the fire starters. No offense, again.

I think this was off topic, so now I'm going to go on topic now. Byron's Bastiodon always made me angry, because when I was always about to defeat it, it would always use rest and heal itself all the time. I hated that. But of course, I defeated it, and won. I rather have someone private message me about the off topic paragraph above, rather than, quote my post, because I don't want this person's topic to look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepig Pignite Emboar 969 View Post
    No offense, but I have a vendetta against you for saying that. Let me explain before people get angry at me for saying this. You see, I like all of fire starters, especially the Tepig line. When ever I see or hear that they are stupid, ugly, or anything else, I usually get mad and upset, an I usually think about doing something bad to the people who hate the fire starters. Sorry if this sounds really bad. So basically, I have a vendetta against anyone that hates the fire starters. No offense, again.
    That's a little harsh o.O it's going to be hard not to be offended when you have a personal vendetta against him. XD

But anyways, I've already talked about my personal vendetta against Dragonite, so let me name another: Jynx. I think almost everyone has the same problem with Jynx. She is just so creepy. I mean...... I really don't know how to explain it, she's just as creepy as all hell.
    I can smell u

I don't have anything against any Pokemon to be honest. The only Pokemon that I could make a case against was Miltank when I first battled Whitney. When I was 10, and first battled her I lost over and over again. I battled her at least 12 times in a row then I finally beat her. When you have her Milktank down to 1 hp, and then she goes to use milk drink you literally wanna pull your hair out. The roll out combos, attract, and milk drank gave me fits. I refer to that gym as a giant network of pain. She is the one gym leader that has actually kicked my butt. I have fought other hard gym battles, but Whitney's Miltank....Beating the Clefairy isn't even hard. It's that Miltank...Nowadays I can beat her pretty soundly, but back in the day it's a different story.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    That's a little harsh o.O it's going to be hard not to be offended when you have a personal vendetta against him. XD
    Yeah, sorry about that. Well I actually don't have any vendetta against anyone who hates the fire starters. I just get mad when they say something bad about them, sometimes try to say something back, that's all. I didn't mean to be harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post

But anyways, I've already talked about my personal vendetta against Dragonite, so let me name another: Jynx. I think almost everyone has the same problem with Jynx. She is just so creepy. I mean...... I really don't know how to explain it, she's just as creepy as all hell.
    I personally think mr mime is the scary and creepy one.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I must say, I hate Hugh almost as much as I hate Blue.

The reasons why I hate Blue should be pretty obvious. He's a jerk, he's rude, and he's ALWAYS popping up in the wrong place right after I've done a lot of hard battling to try and get a "victory" over my tired, hurt, status'd, moveless Pokemon.

But then there's Hugh. First off, he's always bawling about his sister's Purrloin when his sister doesn't even seem to care much that it's gone. It's not like she's gotten horribly depressed or traumatized or something from the fact that it's gone. He just appears to be freaking out about it for no reason. Second, he's a poser. Always going on about how great and strong he is and how he's going to take care of everything and... really, he doesn't do much. Just stands there battling a bunch of Plasma grunts while you do all the heavy lifting. Finally, this fool decides that after a very long break from battling, he'll just jump on you from behind when you're about to exit Victory Road and come at you full power. With Blue, at least you came to expect it after awhile. But this guy? He refrains from battling you for so long that you forget he's even a rival, and then he just comes flying at you out of nowhere.

...now, as you may have guessed, I have just had that final confrontation with him in Victory Road, and, of course, I lost. I'm running a mono-bug type team (He's got a freaking Emboar), I'm low on items, and I've been trying to just get through Victory road quickly so I can get to the Pokemon Centre and Fly there whenever I want. I thought I was about to get out of it when I'm suddenly faced with a couple of really difficult Veteran trainers, both of which take a great deal out of me between hax and supereffective moves. My Pokemon are barely in any shape to continue when that loud-mouthed, idiotic, temper-tantrum-throwing freak of nature decides to drop in. I really want to conserve my Max Revives for my confrontation with the E4 and I REALLY don't think I can beat him with the team I've got (the bugs I have in training plus some crappy HM slaves) or with the hax he's been getting, so after using up a Max Revive uselessly (I was hoping that Crustle's Rock Wrecker could one-shot the Emboar. I was wrong.) I just decide to let the jerkwad win and pray that he'll just laugh at me and let me continue so I can at least heal my Pokemon at the centre that's but a few steps away. But no, I white out losing the Max Revive I used in the battle, a pile of money, and wind up all the way back at the beginning of Victory Road. I can't really stomach that, so I opt to reset and try the flipping Victory road again in a few days when I'm not so mad.

But, I don't think I'll ever forgive that freak. Annoying character + Blue's knack for sniping you when you're at your weakest is just too much for me. xD
    Though, I do have half a mind to try it again later with my Keldeo in back. Maybe kicking his Emboar around hard with the unigoat will make me feel a little better.
    Too bad your Pokemon can't beat up the trainer too. That would do sooooo much to relieve the hatred, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by zozo; 21st March 2013 at 3:21 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

For me, it's Whitney. There is literally nothing good about her. Scatterbrained, whiny, childish, and an overall brat who can't take a loss... You know the drill.
    And then there's the Miltank. That's really the thing. You spend hours, HOURS, trying to get rid of that stupid fat cow, grinding and using up all of your items to try to survive, and when you're done, she complains about losing. AFTER MAKING YOU SUFFER WITH THE STUPID COW.
    I hate her.
    I also don't like Chuck, the gym leader. He sits under a waterfall, looking stupid, pretends he's strong, and loses miserably.

...In case it isn't obvious, I'm re-playing Heartgold version :3

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

My only real beef, aside from a couple of gen 5 pokemon, is with the fire fighting starters, particularly Emboar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the type...at least at first I did.

Blaziken was a stroke of ingenuity and well thought out design along with its unique (at the time) type

Infernape was pretty good too. I had a blast using him in Diamond version. I liked his design as well and was ready for the next starters to be announced.

But when Tepig came out, oh, Tepig. I thought it was so cute and was planning on using one, but then I saw its second evolution. I could feel that sinking feeling like, "Please, let these be elaborate hoaxes. It can't look like that." But then time passed and when the third evolution was announced, it got worse. Not only was the design just gosh awful, but the typing was disappointing as well. Another fire fighting type? Give me a break.

That brings me to a point. Why were the gen 5 starters some of the weakest that we've had? They just never seemed to throw that punch that I was looking for. Gen 1 had it, as well as 2, 3, and 4 for the most part, but this one just fell out and couldn't seem to get back in it.

Anyway, that's my grief with pokemon XD lol Mostly just Emboar.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    For me, it's Whitney. There is literally nothing good about her. Scatterbrained, whiny, childish, and an overall brat who can't take a loss... You know the drill.
    And then there's the Miltank. That's really the thing. You spend hours, HOURS, trying to get rid of that stupid fat cow, grinding and using up all of your items to try to survive, and when you're done, she complains about losing. AFTER MAKING YOU SUFFER WITH THE STUPID COW.
    I hate her.
    I also don't like Chuck, the gym leader. He sits under a waterfall, looking stupid, pretends he's strong, and loses miserably.

...In case it isn't obvious, I'm re-playing Heartgold version :3

I feel your pain when it comes to Whitney. I remember after you beat her she starts crying saying she won't give you the gym badge. I was sooooo mad when I first beat her, and she said she wouldn't give me the badge! I spent all that time trying to defeat her, and then she's like "whaaaa you can't have the badge" I was so ticked. I'm Let's Playing Pokemon Silver on my Youtube Channel, and I just recently defeated her, and it was pretty easy because I traded a Drowzee for a Machop in the Pokemon Mart. I level'ed up the Machop, and took care of her Miltank pretty soundly.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

Machamp
    Crobat
    Scrafty
    Throh

Just pokemon that usually piss me off when I face them.
    1st X run:

All the Emolgas in the Unova games. WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DOUBLE TEAM?!?
    The darkened master of the skies...Rayquaza!

Quote Originally Posted by Operia View Post
    All the Emolgas in the Unova games. WHY DO THEY ALL HAVE DOUBLE TEAM?!?
    Oh my God, yes, I must have lost against Elesa like 143090804 times because that stupid thing kept spamming double-team. I think that it's pretty cowardly for a gym leader to use such a strategy D:<
    I can smell u

Claire and Whitney, the two gym leaders I have had the most difficulty with in any pokemon game

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I hate all Emolga's now, just because of Elesa.
    other pokemon I have problems with are elektross in Black2. Every time I battle Hugh's elektross it goes through half my team and wheni'm about to finally beat it, Hugh goes and uses a full restore on the thing so it can eat the rest of my pokemon.
    also have problems with...
    -the move Detect and how every pokemon who knows it just keeps spamming it.
    -Sableye, it has no weaknesses and it's just dang creepy.
    I actually thought that Whitney was really weak the last time I battled her, that might just be because it set up rollout so it couldn't use milk drink.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

Personally, I don't have a vendetta against a character or POKéMON, but the closest I have to that concept is an annoyance of Pokemon using confuse-inducing moves. -.-

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast