Thread: Pokemon Emerald: Specific RNG Question

Default Pokemon Emerald: Specific RNG Question

I've been RNGing in Emerald, mostly through breeding, and I've been very successful getting the spreads I want on either my first try or in a few hours. But now, I am trying to breed a Snorlax on Frame 2361 which will look like this when I am successful:

Desired Offspring:
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 18 / 31 / 13 (Frame 2361)

The parents that I am using for this are:

Parent A: Male
    IVs: x / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / x

Parent B: Female
    IVs: (random, irrelevant towards frame 2361)

Frame 2361 provides the offspring with 31 IVs in HP, while passing down the Atk, Def, and SDef from the father Rhyhorn. I have been trying to hit this frame for TWO WHOLE DAYS now. It has never taken me this long. I have been hitting a mixture of regular frames, split frames, and then frames I couldn't even decipher. I am constantly off by just a couple of frames and I am about ready to give up.

How can I improve my accuracy for hitting the frame that I want? Is there something wrong with any of my pokemon that is preventing me from hitting this frame?
    Last edited by Aggron459; 22nd June 2013 at 3:56 AM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius fan

It could be you Pokemon, or it could be human error. Bulbapedia has a really good section on passing IV's in Emerald. If I were to guess wildly the random passing of IVs in Emerald is throwing you out. That and you just aren't hitting the frame.

That probably wasn't very helpful, but hopefully the article explains it better than I did.

EDIT: apologies for the bump, didn't realise but this seemed like an interesting question to answer.