View Poll Results: Which Game is Better?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

42 34.43%
  • Heart Gold and Soul Silver

80 65.57%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D/P/Pt. vs. HG/SS

HG/SS beats Diamond and Pearl in my opinion, although its probably just the nostalgia talking. I feel lik HG/SS were better than the originals seeing as how the Crystal story elements were added, you get two regions for the price of one, the Pokeathlon has been the best mini game up to date along with Pokestar studios, the accesabity of started from other regions, cameo appearances, and last but not least the epic battle with red atop Mt.Silver. D/P had their charms I preferred the Poketch, Cynthia is one of my favorite characters, it's myths are slightly better, but ultimately HG/SS will always have a special place in my heart just like the originals. This a rare example in which I can say a remake is better than the original.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 24th March 2013 at 5:37 AM. Reason: Misspelling words.

D/P/Pt for me. Platinum was my first, and is my favorite pokémon game. HG/SS just didn't do what Platinum did for me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Diamond is and will always be one of my favorite pokemon games. Not that I didn't like SS but it wasn't the same. Btw, Diamond wasn't my first game... I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon R/B came out.

HGSS all the way. It has several improvements over DPPt, especially the speed and the following Pokemon.

I can't choose. D:
    I like all of the games, because they are unique and good in their own way. HG and SS have walking Pokemon, which was awesome, yeah, but Platinum had one of the best Pokedexes and Pokemon League, in my opinion. I also love the Platinum story and basically everything about Platinum.
    But SoulSilver is awesome too. D:
    D: Can't choose.
    Platinum team:
    White team:
    Black 2 team:
    Y Team:

Yeah, when I played Platinum I thought it is so much better than Diamond. There were so many things to do after the league and I really liked the villa addition in it. Anyways HG/SS for me definitely! I mean it's Johto!! And no offense.. the Sinnoh games were my least favourite but it doesn't matter I like all Pokemon and all Pokemon games. But weird thing is I had more playtime in Platinum than in HG or SS, well it was due to my EV training.

D/P/Pt are far better than HG/SS. The plot is awesome if compared to Johto. Johto is a very simple region by the way.

It's not by random that they added a lot of mechanics in HG/SS (following Pokemon, Pokeathlon, Safari Zone, Battle Frontier).

HG/SS, even with the updates of a remake, cannot become better than Sinnoh.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 8th April 2013 at 3:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ((JAWS)) View Post
    I'm sorry but how did HGSS lack at all? It had 2 regions, 16 gym leaders, a battle frontier, the ability to obtain Hoenn and Kanto Starters, and not to mention pokemon following you around. I mean sure you might not like it but to say it lacked? Wow lol
    'Lacking' can mean different things to what different people expect of a game. For example, I much preferred White over White 2 because I felt that the former had a stronger storyline and, obviously, was far more original. This was completely regardless of the fact that White 2 had the Tournaments and the PokeStar studios, because to me they felt like vacuous little gimmicks that attempted to distract the player from the fact that a majority of the game was rehashed. What you've listed there are, in one way, another set of distractions placed in HGSS, so hence the game could be 'lacking'.

Personally, I felt somewhat disappointed by HG, but I mainly attribute this to the fact that it could never compare to what the original Gold represented to me. Furthermore I was done with the game upon getting the 16 badges, but with Diamond I just kept playing. I felt that the game in general dies a little post-E4.
    Running for the thrill of it

HG/SS Arme IMO much better.
    Better mechanics,dex and you can play a lot with it. Pokewalker
    It is just awesome.
    Not that D/P/PT not great is or something like that

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Obviously HG cos it was nice to be able to go back to Kanto and Johto.

DPPl weren't bad games but Sinnoh was a fairly boring region.

Heartgold and Soulsilver, because I like the nostalgia the game has with me. I also love how they included almost everything that was included in the old games, and yet introduced newer concepts, like the Battle Frontier.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

SoulSilver... mostly because Diamond was too.. bland I guess. I felt like it was more of a chore playing it trying to get to the "end". I would put it down until I felt like playing again only to be quickly repelled by playing >:c
    Recently bought SoulSilver and its pretty good. My first time going through Johto and so far I haven't put the game down XD
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Although I am playing Platinum right now after a long time, I prefer Soulsilver due to its special features. Of course, the nostalgia has an influence on my decision, too, but
    you can see, how Game Freak develop in these game, if you compare Crystal and SoulSilver. Additionally, it is very awesome to beat 16 gym leaders and to get ther phone numbers.
    And I think that the Pokémon Contest is not as exciting as the Pokéathlon, which has more than three challenges. You can also recognize the relation to yout Pokémon better, when
    you are talking to it.

I still prefer Diamond to SoulSilver. It just felt like a very fresh experience, and I'd already seen my brother play Silver before.
    Everything is second to Ruby and LeafGreen, though.

I like Diamon better but if HG had a vs.Seeker id like it even better
    <-lvl.46 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.44 <-lvl.45 <-lvl.46
    Pearl Team so far

<-lvl.82 <-lvl.83 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.82 <-lvl.81 <-lvl.78
    HeartGold Team

I actually like Platinum better than HG/SS, but HG/SS better than Diamond/Pearl. I think Platinum has a lot of improvements over d/p and hg/ss but I like all of the gen 4 games a lot.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

Easy choice, Heart Gold and Soul Silver win out HANDS DOWN! Not because I don't like what it brought to the series, not because I don't like it's Pokemon (though I don't concider the new evolutions apart of the Sinnoh group. Sorry, but you need to rely on your own Pokemon to have a good roster, not rely on other gen's mistakes. Though I will admit Rosalia should of been introduced on Gen 4, it just fits in better than than in Gen 3) and not because I'm a Genwinner, but because SINNOH SUCKS!! The layout is crap, the snow sections are horrible (and I tend to like the snowy areas in Pokemon) the Pokemon and trainer placement are garbage, and the game play is way to freaking slow.

To be compleatly honest I hate D/P/Pt with a passion, so much so that I'd be perfectly fine with having never gotten the Jhoto remakes if the Sinnoh games never existed. Thats right, I hate the Sinnoh games so much that I'd rather have not gotten one of my favorite games ever if it meant having never gotten that piece of crap!
    3DS Friend Code: 0817-4257-9489

HG/SS are an easy win for me. D/P/Pt, while I still think are amazing games, are near the bottom of my list for main series Pokemon games, really only beating Yellow.

The below is all my opinion, keep in mind.

HG/SS:
    - Better designed gyms
    - More memorable characters (Gym Leaders, Silver, Lance...)
    - Best final fight in the entire franchise (Red)
    - Better selection of Pokemon (The only Gen IV mons I love are the new Evos, which don't come until post-game)
    - Auto-pilot run
    - Love being able to walk with my Pokemon
    - Best variety of side activities in the franchise, including:
    - Bug Catching Contest
    - Voltorb Flip
    - Pokeathalon

D/P/Pt:
    - Best legendary encounters
    - Coolest use of graphics (Platinum mainly)

Those are the areas that each set of games has that set them apart from other main-series Pokemon games. Again, though, all five games hold up to the amazing quality that we've come to expect from the franchise. For me, however, it's no contest that HG/SS are vastly superior.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

So close between the two but I have to say that HeartGold/SoulSilver were better because there was more to do for sure. I loved them all equally to be honest but Platinum has less to do and the Johto remakes were pretty exciting with all the additions and all.
    - Nate the

I think DPPt was so much better than HGSS. I loved the gym leaders, E4, legendaries, most of the pokes, the story... pretty much everything about Sinnoh. But HGSS... ah, it had some nice features, but it doesn't compare to DPPt, imo.

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

DPPt was better in my opinion. I loved the whole storyline in those games, Sinnoh region, all the Pokemon you can get... HG/SS Had a lot more features, but the story was played out. I do like the whole "walk with your Pokemon" aspect, but DPPt brings back so many good memories for me.

HG/SS. Had more to the story and wasn't boring after you beat it. That's all though, really.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Platinum for me. It's still my fave game ever since it came out. The story was good, I played it over and over again. Sinnoh became my favorite region after I finished Platinum, and it's the only game where I felt compelled to do all the extra stuff I didn't have to. I've explained my love for Platinum version in a bunch of threads but yeah it's not just my fave gen 4 game, but my fave Pokemon game to date. HGSS is good, but even with all it's improvements it doesn't even touch Platinum version to me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I think D/P/PT is better then HG/SS.
    Monster Themed RPG - Milkacrea - http://milkacrea.net/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast