View Poll Results: Which Game is Better?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Diamond, Pearl and Platinum

42 34.43%
  • Heart Gold and Soul Silver

80 65.57%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D/P/Pt. vs. HG/SS

A lot of what was in the list that put Platinum over HG/SS on the first post was really subjective, but if it was just your personal pro/con then it's no issue.

HG/SS didn't fix everything that was wrong with G/S, but it was really full of content which really gave the game a lot of fun to do. I've not played Platinum, but I'm assuming it's just D/P with the third version usual extras, significant enough to make it the definitive version but not enough to make it really stand out. HG/SS is better in my eyes.

i have to say, i loved/abused my SS, i loved having my pokemon following me, and loved the feature to make the music 8-bit, so yeah HGSS takes the cake.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I prefer DPPt more simply because it has the Vs. Seeker and the Pokeradar. I do like HGSS for the partner Pokemon and the storyline, but I found it a bit lacking in some aspects.

Xx|Divinity|xX

I voted for HG/SS. It's because it seemed like you could do more in the game (like go to Kanto and such), have your Pokemon follow you, and the games are also the remakes of the original G/S/C versions. I like D/P/Pt as well, but I really prefer HG/SS.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

Although I enjoyed Sinnoh throughout my Platinum playthrough much more than most people, it's hard to beat Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Gold and Silver were perhaps the most innovative and best Pokemon games ever. They improved the gameplay, introduced two new types, introduced breeding, created night and day, had an even larger world to explore, a sense of mystery with legendary Pokemon, and so much more. The remakes managed to even be better than the originals improving on literally every single element of the originals.

Platinum, however, was still a really fun game, though. Sinnoh, despite introducing a fair amount of uninteresting Pokemon, had lots of content and Pokemon to catch. Did I mention that it learned from the mistakes of Hoenn and didn't have so many water routes?

I like D/P/Pt more than HG/SS. Probably the biggest reason for this is the fact that I have never played the original 2nd Gen games so I didn't have the nostalgic experience while playing my SS. I do have played 3rd Gen's R/B remakes though so visiting Kanto was fun but Johto has never been that special to me. And in Platinum (my fav Pokémon game so far) there was so much everything to do compared to HG/SS. I've never liked Pokéathlon as much as Super Contests which bring a whole new aspect to Pokémon training as they did already in 3rd Gen.

One of the biggest things I didn't like at all in HG/SS was the lack of VS Seeker. GOD I HATE THAT PHONE CALL SYSTEM! It was even WORSE than in R/S/E! ARGH! And that makes quick, solid and fun training impossible. I don't EV train so I kinda need VS Seeker system. I haven't yet beat Red in my SS because I have to train my team and I had to transfer my team to Platinum so I can train them more effectively. There was many nice new things in HG/SS anyway, but I just like other 4th Gen games better.

HG/SS got my vote. Well, the 'Pokemon Follow You' thingy is wonderful I think. And you could also lock your running shoes without keep pressing button. The huge storyline makes the game even better.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

HG/SS because of pretty much everything mentioned on the OP.

I fancy SS more but I think it's too bad that it doesn't have a place to hold contest or anything alike that...
    There is no upperhand hand, I'm giving you mine. It doesn't have to end up wasting your time. There's things that I could say, here in my way. I wanna let you know, that it's all okay.

You love pizza!

Go eat Tuna fish!

I still have no life. Trololo ~

Black 2. My fc : 4213 5452 6544

(Credit goes to FairyWitch)

(Credit goes to Astral Shadow)

Platinum is the best because it has VS. seeker, pokeradar and contests. Hg/Ss has that pokemon following you- which is nice, but at times it feels like I would like to be alone for a while :P - I think it should be optionable whether or not to keep one of your pokes outside the ball. Too bad that was not so in Black and White or their sequels.

That phoning system for rematches in HgSs is just terrible compared to VS. seeker (and those daily gym leaders) and pokeradar is great way to find shinies with some effort. Contests are also much better than pokeathlons while those are nice extra to HgSs.

You can't make me choose between my two favorites! Never!

(It's a tie)
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

I felt like HGSS had a much better post game. And it also had a lot more to do than DPPt. I also felt like HGSS was much harder than DPPt.

i love heart gold and soul silver more but they are both good.
    I love every Pokemon!

D/P/Pt had an awesome storyline, but the Pokemon sucked horribly. HG/SS had cool stuff like changeable Safari zone, and the Hoenn/Sinnoh sounds on Radio that helps significantly to complete the national dex.

HG/SS by a landslide. A majority of the Sinnoh Pokemon are huge disappointments to me, and I found the region in general annoying to traverse. Graphics were quite nasty, too. I'm replaying Diamond version right now, and oh god, I cannot get over how bad some of it looks.

However, Johto is probably my second favourite region next to Hoenn, and although a lot of the Pokemon introduced were somewhat lame, the good ones far outnumbered the bad ones in my opinion. Plus, so many new features. The running shoes button needs to be brought back some day, as does the Pokemon following you feature. So HG/SS wins, basically.

Apparently my spirit Pokemon is

Honestly I think the selection for Pokemon suck in these games. Things get more repetitive each time you play the game. Platinum may be a little better though.

I guess it's understandable for HGSS since you only get 2 generations worth of Pokemon for half the game.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I prefer D/P/Pt, as it takes place in Sinnoh. Platinum is my first Pokemon game, so I am partial to it.

For some reason, HG/SS was the worst Pokemon game I have ever played. I dont know why, I just feel this way. Platinum was definitely my favorite out of all these options.
    Test Your Skill At My Gym
    Gym Leader
    Record: 4/0

HG/SS, becuase of it's original look and who doesn't like to walk around with your pokemon!?
    Also, Gold/Silver were two of my favorite games and it was just a really fun game to play overall. I did not dislike one thing about it, personally.

HGSS. It's hardly a contest... DPt to me, were a great set of games but they were never going to be able to top the best Generation. Of course Gen II had its flaws, the levels were ridiculous across the board, wild Pokemon especially. HGSS did not fix this. It hardly tried. Whitney's Pokemon each went down a level... But, the battery had run dry on GSC and this was a nostalgia kick if even there was one, and Quagsire had Waterfall in Gen 4. I could care less for wlaking Pokemon, without it even it easily wins. The GB Sounds were the coup de grâce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

DPPt, I've never been that fond of Gen two. I did like how Pokemon could now walk behind their trainers, something I wish had been in BW. I prefer the Pokemon that DPPt introduced in general to those of Gen two. Both of the region's layouts were decent to me.

HGSS because the johto region is one of my favorite regions plus you get to go to kanto and walk around with you're pokemon which is super cool and Lugia is my favourite legendary who is the mascot of soul silver

HGSS because the grass patches looked great for me, there was 3 generations of starters, it remade two regions and made it feel complete (well, not Kanto) and I overall prefer the speed of HGSS to DPPt.

Now that I think about it, the reasons I gave were pretty lame :P
    Aw well, HGSS had what I needed, and it felt more well made than DPPt, even though I prefer the Sinnoh region. I still like Sinnoh though.

D/P/Pt

Original games, not remakes,,and they had many unique ideas, such as Mt Coronet, the Darkrai/Cressillia story, multiple gears on bikes, etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123