Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did I just buy fake games?! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Maylu Sakurai View Post
    here is another thing to see if they are fake is to look for the Nintendo logo along the cartridge circuit board
    Based on my experience trying to get a used copy of Final Fantasy VI off of Amazon, it's ridiculously easy to tell if a game is fake once you have it in your hands. There's a bazillion things wrong with them (don't fit quite perfectly into your system, slightly different color plastic, labels with thick fonts, etc., etc., etc.). It's identifying them before you buy them that's the tricky part (unless you have an obvious picture or something).

Well, I am still hoping that the picture was just pulled off of the internet and that the games are actually legit, although the odds are heavily against me... Anyway, I am just going to take from this experience as a positive lesson. The child learns not to touch a flame after they burn themselves (unless the child actually listened to their parents, but what child does that? :P).

If you see a seller on ebay with a collection of pokemon games then you should assume that they're all fake. Even GBA pokemon games are still popular among fans so places like gametraders still sell them for about the same amount as the modern games. That said, why would these ebay sellers sell their games for next to nothing? COS THEY'RE FAKE!!!

If I were you I would cancel the order. Demand your money back and buy them at a retro game store instead. In my opinion spending extra $$$ are worth it because then you can be sure that the games are real cos gametraders check everything beforehand.

Fake pokemon games will mean that you won't be able to trade or use pal park.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    In my experience, it's less. At least for GSC, but that's another subject.
    I don't know if it's less for battery saves in general - my Blue version was still saving long after my Gold version died. I have no idea, though, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    At least for GSC, but that's another subject.
    That's because GSC's internal clock absolutely murders the battery. There's a reason RS uses Flash Ram, some early Japanese copies of Gold and Silver were already dead at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I don't know if it's less for battery saves in general - my Blue version was still saving long after my Gold version died. I have no idea, though, to be honest.
    Again, Internal clock. Serial battery murderer. Hell, there are NES games that still save, and GSC/RSE have batteries that are dead and have been dead for years. Luckily, legit copies of RSE only use them for the clock.

You know you can take RSEFRLG with dead batteries to retro game stores and they can replace them with a new battery. I don't know what happens to the original save file though or how much that would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Fake pokemon games will mean that you won't be able to trade or use pal park.
    I don't know about GBA games, but I have a fake Black, and the only thing that doesn't work is the IR feature, since it's an OEM cartridge. My 3DS doesn't recognize the game, so I have to play on my Lite. It's also not recognized by Action Replay, but I guess I could consider that a good thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    You know you can take RSEFRLG with dead batteries to retro game stores and they can replace them with a new battery. I don't know what happens to the original save file though or how much that would cost.
    Or you can buy some electrical tape, a new battery and a Nintendo screwdriver and do it yourself for half the cost.

Also, FRLG don't have Batteries.

This topic shouldn't have existed in the first place as there are tutorials all around google to help consumers make purchases off of ebay while avoiding counterfeits. It sucks you purchased something without doing the necessary research first, I hope it works out for you.

Since this topic is now discussing how to replace the battery I'm going to close it as that has nothing to do with buying bootleg versions of Pokemon games.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12