8 6.90%
  • Krookodile

1 0.86%
  • Other

3 2.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Strongest Pokemon EVER

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Mijumaru already has 5 votes. Soon it might overtake pikachu. js.
    Those are actually joking not delusional so I'm fine with those js, /trolling not working.

Lmfao Mijumaru and Pikachu are almost tied xD.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Well Charizard is the strongest pokemon no doubt. No body on Ash's team is more powerful than Charizard. Snorlax is strong but not stronger than Charizard and only does so well because nobody can hurt his belly. Heracross could be up there as it is pretty strong but definately not the strongest. Hard to go Pikachu as well considering it can beat or lose to anything.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    Hard to go Pikachu as well considering it can beat or lose to anything.
    The same could be said about Charizard though; his loss against a mere Dusclops pretty much proves that he's not infallible no matter how much training he does.

No-one sais charizard is infallible.
    U'r adressing the only real loss charizard ever suffered, don't u see how ironic that is? Also, that 'mere dusclops wa part of the strongest fronteir-brain's team, which he prlly used to catch the legendary regis, not a baby snivy from a noob-trainer or panpour from the 1st gym-leader in the region.
    And to rop it off, charizard lost cause of Ash derping like a retard when chosing his finishing move.
    Argueing that charizard was equally at fault for following orders is just as retarded and makes no sense.

I find it incredible ppl keep nitpicking about this one loss...
    Which is exactly the same for swellow btw. That thing was a seccond snorlax untill it got 1-hit KO'ed by latios. (scape-goat much?)
    Last edited by Blazicken; 17th March 2013 at 1:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lmfao Mijumaru and Pikachu are almost tied xD.
    Almost? They are tied lol. Charizard only had one legit loss to Blaziken. Dusclops was because of him getting screwed by ash and because his first mon always faints in a more than 1v1. The poliwrath loss was even more a load of BS because charizard can survive ice from a legendary but not a tadpole@!

Charizard and Pikachu.

Krookodile and Oshawott should not be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Charizard and Pikachu.

Krookodile and Oshawott should not be here.
    Why not krookodile? It's by far the strongest of ash's unova pokemon, and has done well in the battles it has been in.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Lol, Oshawott has 9 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazicken View Post
    No-one sais charizard is infallible.
    U'r adressing the only real loss charizard ever suffered, don't u see how ironic that is?
    Only real loss? What are you talking about? He lost to Tad's Poliwrath, Drake's Dragonite, Harrison's Blaziken, was pretty much rendered useless by Prima's Slowbro, and those are just the losses I remember. I think it's ironic that I pointed out how most people consider Charizard to be infallible, and here's a good example of that.

Oh great, another breeding ground for the Charizard fundies.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Feel free to vote Charizard all you want folks, at the end of the day Ash will always choose Pikachu in a heartbeat
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Feel free to vote Charizard all you want folks, at the end of the day Ash will always choose Pikachu in a heartbeat
    And that is why such a large percentage of the fandom has extreme doubts about Ash's IQ and sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    And that is why such a large percentage of the fandom has extreme doubts about Ash's IQ and sanity.
    They question a fiction character written to do whatever someone draws him to do?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Zard's return ep proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Charizard is the strongest.

No other Pokemon in Ash's arsenal would be put on that kind of pedestal. Sceptile is great, and definitely up there, but can you imagine Sceptile getting the kind of treatment that Charizard got? I mean really? The show has firmly established Charizard as Ash's ace in the hole - his nuke, his greatest line of defence. I'm not sure how you can watch that episode and not think Charizard is Ash's strongest. There was a very legitimate effort on the show's part to say "this is Charizard, and he is SERIOUS business."

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Oh great, another breeding ground for the Charizard fundies.
    Would you deny that Charizard is Ash's Pokemon? Or do you just not like the love Charizard gets?

Because I will fight you to the ends of the earth on the former, but I can accept the latter.
    Last edited by TheNewGuy; 18th March 2013 at 3:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
    No other Pokemon in Ash's arsenal would be put on that kind of pedestal.
    Oh man, pikachu has been on that pedestal multiple times.

Let me put it in perspective for you guys-
    Charizard gets frozen= fails the fight instantly
    Pikachu gets frozen= instantly breaks out and then wins against a legendary

It makes no sense for Charizard to be his best. Sure Charizard is definitely one of his strongest, but THE strongest? No way.

But who cares? Oshawott the king beats both of them.

Edit: Granted, Charizard did fail to break the ice before he started his intense training at the valley, but he's a fire type. No excuse.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I don't even think Pikachu would.

Pikachu is powerful but in a different way. Pikachu is an underdog that fights from below. His strength is "inside", it isn't as open and obvious as Charizard. Pikachu would be celebrated, but not given the outright worship that Charizard got in that episode. Charizard is, openly and obviously, a warrior. A king. They make that very clear. Pikachu's greatest victories are insane miracles of an underdog overcoming the odds. Charizard's greatest victories are hard-fought battles between two warriors.

Besides, I think Pikachu's power fluctuates too often. Pikachu, at his absolute PEAK, is maybe slightly stronger than Charizard, but even that is hardly set in stone. But Charizard offers a level of consistent strength that no other Pokemon in the series matches.

Like, the writers would NEVER have Charizard lose to Panpour, like Pikachu did earlier in this series. They would never have Charizard tie with an Elekid after beating Regice. Charizard's key losses are only highlighted because of how rare they are. Blaziken is one, which I would say is Zard's only absolutely legit loss since he became the all-powerful beast we know today. Dusclops is another, but that was very cleverly written; it was made clear that it was completely Ash's fault. Besides, Charizard has two - two! - high profile losses. I mean, should I even list Pikachu's?

I think bringing up Zard being frozen by Poliwrath is a bit unfair - clearly that Charizard was not the strongest. But Charizard has trained and grown a lot since then. That younger, more inexperienced Charizard, hypothetically, couldn't beat Gary's Blastoise and Golem.

Now, I can see what you're thinking. Charizard is allowed a weak performance against Poliwrath but Pikachu isn't allowed one against Elekid (etc)? Well, the difference is the unreliable, constantly fluctuating nature of Pikachu's power. Pikachu has been written in such a way that he can lose or win basically any match and people won't be surprised, barring some extreme circumstances. Like, everyone was irritated when Pikachu lost to Cress, but I don't think they were particularly surprised. It's standard Pikachu fare at this point. But the writers would never, ever, have Charizard lose in that situation. As I said, the Charizard that was frozen by Poliwrath is not the same one that just had an episode dedicated to how amazing he is.

And that's the difference, I think. Charizard is Ash's trump card, his strength is protected by the writers. Pikachu is in a position where it pulls off amazing, miracle wins, but also takes some heavy losses. I don't think I can in good conscience say that Pikachu is the stronger Pokemon.

The fact that Pikachu's power fluctuates means nothing lol. We know that at times Pikachu is stronger than Charizard. End of story.

And Pikachu is forced to be weak at times. If Charizard had stayed on Ash's team as long Pikachu has, he would of had some very embarrassing loses by know, and Dusclops was bad enough.

Edit: Let me try this. Charizard has never experienced a hard reset like Pikachu has, so he comes off as stronger. But it's a all just kind of a illusion. Pikachu has been weakened because Ash would just wipe the floor if he used Pikachu at max potential. That would be a pretty boring thing to watch. Charizard always seems strong because there is never a need to weaken him.

There is a rule to judging Charizard and Pikachu together. When comparing them, you always compare regular charizard and Pikachu at his full potential (usually at the end of each saga). Pikachu is stronger at the end of each saga. Just look at the fight against Tobias and Brandon.

Edit 2: Wait, isn't picking the strongest an opinion? I mean, there is no way to know which is actually it since there are so many factors.
    Last edited by diakyu; 18th March 2013 at 6:17 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The fact that Pikachu's power fluctuates means nothing lol. We know that at times Pikachu is stronger than Charizard. End of story.
    I agree. And I don't get why some people are holding Pikachu's fluctuating power level against him; I mean I've already pointed out that no Pokemon is perfect and that the Pokemon that is currently winning this rigged poll has also been inconsistent in battle. Even on his worst day I at least respect Pikachu for putting up a good battle and always being on hand in times of crisis. Not many Pokemon could continuously provide entertainment, but Pikachu sure knows how to deliver imo.

thank god pikachu is ahead of oshawatt at the moment.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

Tier 1:

Charizard
    Snorlax
    Infernape
    Pikachu
    Sceptile

Tier 2:

Glalie
    Krookodile
    Swellow
    Bulbasaur
    Heracross
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    You can thank me for that ^_~ it was tied

Quote Originally Posted by sandy ketchum View Post
    Tied now but its a shame Charizard is somehow winning isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You can thank me for that ^_~ it was tied
    It's still tied.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Actually, Pikachu's inconsistency is everything. He is not consistently Ash's strongest Pokémon compared to Charizard. Charizard has beaten a legendary of his own. And if you really look at it and average things out, Pikachu has had more bad losses that great wins. For great wins/ties, he has Regice (victory) and Latios (tie after Latios fought two other Pokémon). However, for bad losses/ties, he has Trip's beginner Snivy, Panpour (both losses), and the tie against Elekid. Heck, before tying against Elekid, Pikachu lost to Gary's Electivire, the same Gary who had been out of practice battling for a time since he was a researcher, though I don't count that as a bad loss. Also remember that Charizard's only "bad" loss was not due to his own strength or lack thereof, but due to Ash's idiocy. His only noticeable loss since his training at the Charicific Valley began that was not influenced by Ash being stupid was Blaziken's pyrrhic victory over him. As for Charizard's greatest wins, he defeated Articuno, a Legendary Pokémon. Also against Gary, he beat three of Gary's Pokémon, two of who had a type advantage against him, with Golem having a severe type advantage against him. That is why Charizard is seen as Ash's strongest Pokémon.
    Last edited by Mew2; 18th March 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast