Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokemon Manipulation! (778)

Quote Originally Posted by duh View Post
    Agreed, idk why they couldn't have just left the grunt's name as Angie but whatever.
    I guess because there was already an Angie in the dub. That recurring chick from DP who had a crush on Ash.

Random : PokéRadar

Fine episode. There were some funny moments, but other than that, Colress is just insane. Those Plasma grunts think Colress is going a little overboard.

Other then the horrible and unnecessary changes to the background music, I think they did an alright job dubbing this episode. Also I am not really such a huge fan of Angie's dub name. Maybe I'll get used to it overtime but right now I am sticking with Angie.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I guess because there was already an Angie in the dub. That recurring chick from DP who had a crush on Ash.
    Oh yeah, outside of recent game characters who share them with past Anime-only characters, the dub doesn't like repeating names for characters for the sake of less confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Oh yeah, outside of recent game characters who share them with past Anime-only characters, the dub doesn't like repeating names for characters for the sake of less confusion.
    Which shocks me. IO would think after 16 seasons we would of had name repeats by now. I guess there more names in the world then I thought

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    I guess there more names in the world then I thought
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4bisAYp61qiw26m.gif

For some reason, I always get annoyed whenever Iris talks about there's no such thing as a bad Dragon type. I know she may be right, but it's just annoying

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

So the episode has created loads more questions which I am desperate to get answered and then of course Colress is going insane with his whole power control thing.

Also, Anthea and Concordia are just as intriguing characters here than they were in the games and I can't wait to see how this all escalates.

On to the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Meowth's "a real cliffhanger!" line was actually funny. It was well-timed, not overplayed and actually in-character.

The writers would be well served to look at that as a good example of how to put comedy in Team Rocket...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Meowth's "a real cliffhanger!" line was actually funny. It was well-timed, not overplayed and actually in-character.

The writers would be well served to look at that as a good example of how to put comedy in Team Rocket...
    Too bad they never look at dub only stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    For some reason, I always get annoyed whenever Iris talks about there's no such thing as a bad Dragon type. I know she may be right, but it's just annoying
    She completely missed the evil Hydreigon that HER Dragonite fought, ironically enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    She completely missed the evil Hydreigon that HER Dragonite fought, ironically enough.
    I don't think it was "evil" so much as it seemed to have a bee up its butt.

But wasn't Dragonite the one who started the fight? We know Dragonite would pick fights with strong Pokémon so it must have been the case there.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Too bad they never look at dub only stuff like that.
    Even then, they should have looked at this episode in general to see how to effectively use Team Rocket. They were excellent in this episode.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Oh so we finally get back to the actual plot of this arc and it was actually decent. It's nice to see TP actually dong more than TR ever did to advance their goals, also like that instead of rehashing Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! plot we actually get progress in that Colress machine is actually able to work without those head attachments.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Wasn't Cedric juniper voiced by professor oak's old 4kids voice actor? If so, why don't the other 4kids voice actors return too?

This is going to be A long long season...
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    Things are starting to get interesting now that Anthea and Concordia showed up.
    And Gardevoir... Heh! Heh!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

I really like this episode! I really liked Plasma and Rocket-dan in this episode (thought I would have loved to see Rocket-dan successfully steal the plane. I loved Akuroma's character in this episode and Ghetsis... I loved Ghetsis! I hated his voice. Sounds like an evil Okido-Haksase :[

I actually agree with this.
    岩根雅明=♡

Great episode. Nice to see Iris is still keeping the "No bad dragons" speech.

Anothor great episode from the N arc. I liked how evil colress was in this episode, he was going totally insane with his mind-controling machine. It's cool how Colress controlled Haxorus and Dragonite's minds and commaned them to destroy the city, and they were obeying him!
    I liked it when N saved Iris from getting hurt from Haxorou's Dragon Claw. He also tried to stop Dragonite and Haxorus from attacking anymore, but it didn't work and they attacked N and injured him badly.
    It's surprising to see Concordia and Anthia at the end, it made the ending of this episode more suspenceful.

I agree with you, the dubbers did a good job with the characters dialogues in this episode.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Was anybody besides me reminded of the healing pool in the forest from the Celebi movie with the ending of this episode? Apart from just two girls and a pair of pokemon instead of a whole troop of pokemon, it looked pretty similar. This episode was okay, I liked part two better than part one, but at least they had a great moment with Cedric Juniper (he cracks me up ), and it had good action. I also liked Team Rocket's comment on how things always get interesting when they follow Pikachu.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234