Thread: 'Almost...' Moments

Default 'Almost...' Moments

Have you ever found yourself tantalisingly close to a rare card, but found it just beyond your reach? After a hiatus since Great Encounters, I've recently found myself back to playing and collecting Pokemon. On eBay today, I came across someone selling off their son's binder of cards. There was no list and only one photograph, but I could see from the top page alone several full arts, in-circulation exes, and rare OOC Lv. X and older ex cards. The starting bid was 99p.

I placed a bid, but the phone rang as the auction reached its final minutes, and it went for Ł8 - probably the worth of one of those cards alone, by liberal valuations - to somebody else.

"You hear a phone ring and it could be anybody. But ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?"

I placed a bid, but the phone rang as the auction reached its final minutes, and it went for Ł8 - probably the worth of one of those cards alone, by liberal valuations - to somebody else.
    If the phone rings and a moment like that is about to pass me if I don't stay with it I will hate myself because I know I failed at life.

The only other situation I guess I could call an almost moment was when at brs at the end of last year, against the guy who placed 2nd at nationals just recently(ish) beat me by a prize because I N'd for 2 mewtwo's (I just needed a catcher, then again this was way before skyla existed).
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    "You hear a phone ring and it could be anybody. But ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?"
    Ohh you...

All the times in playtesting that I couldn't get a catcher, or juniper into a skyla. Uhh...
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

That kind of thing only happened to me once in Pokemon. It was at Worlds a couple years ago and someone had a few various Japanese trophy cards for sale. Most of them were far more expensive than I'd care to pay (all worth their asking price of course), but he also had the promo (not set version) Shining Magikarp for $100. I had never even heard of it until I asked my friend about it a few days later, which I then found out that it's going for up to $1000. It was there for a good 10 minutes after I asked about it before someone else bought it. I really wish I knew what it actually was at that time.
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 18th March 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱