Thread: My First Team Attempt (OU)

Default My First Team Attempt (OU)

So I've been trying to get into competitive battling and with my wifi now working, i can finally stary. So, here ismy first try at a team. I would really appreciate suggestions.

Mamoswine @ life orb
    Snow Cloak (I don't have any way yo get a Dream World varient)
    EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 Def
    Jolly nature
    -Icicle Crash
    -Ice Shard
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
    Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Jolly nature
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Low Kick

Scizor @ Choice Band
    Technician
    EVs: 252 Att / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Adamant nature
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

Suicune @ Leftovers
    Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold nature
    -Calm Mind
    -Rest
    -Scald
    -Roar

Gengar @ Focus Sash
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Mild nature (If it is nessicary I can breed a modest/timid one)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Destiny Bond
    -Energy Ball

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
    Modest nature
    -Nasty Plot
    -Roost
    -Air Slash
    -Heal Bell

I know the team is pretty standard, just looking for a few pointers. Thanks!

We need le descriptions for the pokemon and what roles they do for the team
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Sorry, this is my first time posting. I planned this as a very offensive team with a bit of defensive support.

I tried to build the team around Haxorus so he is my main sweeper. I chose Dragon Dance over Swords Dance because Haxorus is somewhat slow. Low kick seemed like itmay be trouble sometimes but most pokemon weigh enough that it will be doing at least 80 damage. Outrage is there because it can OHKO most things after a boost or 2. Earthquake is to make use of mold breaker to get levitators that think they're safe.

Next i added Suicune as my main defensive pokemon. I added roar to it to prevent set up on Hax if he gets locked into outrage. Calm Mind is mostly intended to bolster special defense making suicune very hard to take down and the special attack boost will also give ot some fire power. Scald was taken for the burn chance increasing his defensive capabilities and rest is to heal any major damage.

After suicune i tried finding someone who would compliment his weaknesses and went with Scizor because he has many resistances that my team needed. I plan to use him as a revenge killer but opted for a bulky build over speed so he can stay in the game longer. I was unsure if i should use U-Turn instead of bug bite but I figured his main purpose would be damaging weakened opponents. Pursuit is to revenge kill pokemon who try and switch out.

Gengar was added as my main special sweeper. With destiny bond he is baisically garanteed one KO. Energy ball could be replaced wih focus blast but I thought energy ball would give better coverage. The other moves are pretty much standard to Gengar.

Togekiss was added with the intent of a bulky attacker. Assuming it gets a nasty plot off it should be fairly powerful and with its good bulk and roost it should stay alive long enough to do some good damage. Heal bell is there to heal status which could ruin my teams offensive capabilities. Airslash is added to take advantage of serene grace and for every flinch I get some free damage.

Mamoswine was added last, but i put it first because i plan to lead with it to get rocks up. After that I added two STAB moves with earthquake and icicle crash for offensive power and ice shard to hopefully get a few revenge kills if scizor is out.

Mamoswine was mostly filler because I couldnt decide if i should add enty hazards or a spinner to the team. Another pokemon that could be replaced is Gengar for Starmie eith rapid spin, but i felt as if 2 water types may be risky.

Sorry if I'm not providing enough detail, like I said I'm still new to all this. Also im very sorry for any typos, I'm on a tablet currently.

Uh i think he meant to edit them into your original post ^_^ For a special sweeper you might want to try a more effective on in the form of thundurus-t. (if you have it because i think you said this was wifi no?)
    Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast

^try that

Claimed the electric dog that is Jolteon
    Pokemon X FC: 1349-5515-1443
        Spoiler:- credits:

Quote Originally Posted by saphirapwns View Post
    Uh i think he meant to edit them into your original post ^_^ For a special sweeper you might want to try a more effective on in the form of thundurus-t. (if you have it because i think you said this was wifi no?)
    Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Agility
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast

^try that
    I double recommend this, since your team is super weather weak, and this guy helps a ton.
    Suicune doesn't seem to be doing much besides being awesome (which isn't incredibly helpful on a competitive team). If you want a bulky Water type (who's also one of the best weather counters out there), try Rotom-W. This is the set I think could help you most:

Spoiler:- Bulky Washing Machine:

This set is probably more of what you were going for on Suicune.

Also, you may want to go for Thunder Wave over Roost on Togekiss, so you can go for Paraflinch, which is a complete pain in the butt
    Oh, and switch to Timid, instead of Modest.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Soperman; 16th March 2013 at 9:04 PM.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Rotom-W should get 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD if it is Specially Defensive, not 252/128/128. The SpA EVs are to always OHKO Gliscor with H Pump. The HP and SpD EVs maximize his overall bulk.
    Last edited by azeem40; 16th March 2013 at 5:38 PM.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Ok, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will work on getting Thundurus-t. I hadn't really looked at him but he looks very effective. As for Rotom, i think i have one available and that is more what i was looking for. I was considering Timid on Togekiss I just wasn't sure if the extra power would be necissary. Also, sorry for not editing that, I was not aware of that :P