Thread: Cradily Stage 2 toolbox ideas?

Default Cradily Stage 2 toolbox ideas?

Considering we get Megalo Cannon when the format rotates (likely to DEX or DRX on) how could we make Cradily viable in the next meta?

It is a stage 1 of a restored pokemon, and here are its stats:

Cradily - Grass - HP120
    Stage 1 - Evolves from Lileep

[G] Life Explosion: For each Energy attached to this Pokemon, search your deck for a Stage 2 Pokemon and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
    [G][C] Spiral Drain: 60 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
    Resistance: Water (-20)
    Retreat: 2

The only major deck that will be gone by then would be Rayquaza, and possibly Darkrai. I see Garbodor becoming a huge threat to this deck, as most variants will likely play a 0-0-X line of stage 2's for their abilities, so a Chatot tech (removes tools) and a scrapper would be needed.

I never see speculation threads here, so ...

EDIT: Megalo Cannon scans http://pokebeach.com/2013/03/bw9-megalo-cannon

EDIT EDIT: Cradily scan http://pokebeach.com/scans/japanese/bw9/4.jpg

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I forgot to mention, I see Virizion EX and Caitlin being staples in this deck.
    Last edited by teh_original_pikachu; 17th March 2013 at 1:13 AM.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Basically ultra ball, skyla and or root fossil, infernape, ether dex 120 turn 2 or haxorus and auto ko plasma EXs.

and possibly Darkrai.
    There will most likely be 3 formats of darkrai at tier 1-3.
    Last edited by ven?; 18th March 2013 at 8:26 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    Basically ultra ball, skyla and or root fossil, infernape, ether dex 120 turn 2 or haxorus and auto ko plasma EXs.

There will most likely be 3 formats of darkrai at tier 1-3.
    I was talking Darkrai w/ lasers. If they cut out dark explorers, then we lose catcher as well I believe (the shiny one.) It's going to be an entirely different ballgame if they cut DEX come september.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Again, even if we get rid of DEX we will still have 3 formats of darkrai anything (darkrai lasers did have a good run but it was no where close to a BDIF as lando decks came up and kind of stopped it). Alot of people self included are testing out implications of a DRE on format but it really looks like it's going to be a DEX on format. Then again this is rotation speculation and I thought we we're talking about cradily.

Why not Emboar? You could get a Reshiram EX and , with laserbank, ko any EX in the format on the second turn

They're not going to cut any EX series this format yet. I think the format will be Next Destinies on, personally.

Why not Emboar? You could get a Reshiram EX and , with laserbank, ko any EX in the format on the second turn
    Simple because I can use keldeo do the same thing and ohko you before you attack, an easy 2 prize lead, and even still, you deal 50 to yourself or not I still get the 2 prizes.

Right you are... is there a better new combo for Emboar?

Right you are... is there a better new combo for Emboar?
    You can plasma badge and use plasma frigate for the weakness however they'll counter with virbank easily, regardless there isn't anying good with emboar, victini EX with reshiram EX and or white kyurem EX BC, gives you the turn 2 without having to lose the basic before it evolves (emboar just lose's out to the fact of the water weakness considering the use of keldeo's rush in, max potion, e. retrieval, rush in, ok etc.
    Last edited by ven?; 7th April 2013 at 8:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    You can plasma badge and use plasma frigate for the weakness however they'll counter with virbank easily, regardless there isn't anying good with emboar, victini EX with reshiram EX and or white kyurem EX BC, gives you the turn 2 without having to lose the basic before it evolves (emboar just lose's out to the fact of the water weakness considering the use of keldeo's rush in, max potion, e. retrieval, rush in, ok etc.
    Regardless of that victini kinda takes over emboars job if you ask me. Just easier to place. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa