Thread: Rate my team? (double battle)

Default Rate my team? (double battle)

It started out a sandstorm team, that got added to modified until eventually I had this. I am not sure how competitive it is, but I have a lot better luck with this than the original team. I was wondering if anyone had any tips? This is on white, so at the moment I can't access the white2/black 2 move tutor, though any tips involving move tutor moves would still be appreciated, for later on.

Tyranitar@Chesto berry
    Ability: Sandstream
    Ev's: 252 Def/252 Hp/4 Atk
    Nature: Gentle (+Sp.def -Def)
    Rock slide
    Earthquake
    Ice fang
    Rest
    She sets up sandstorm, which benefits her, Aggron, and Exadrill. (also would benefit aron, but that really doesn't matter) and it doesn't damage anyone on my team other than Jellicent, who can recover away the damage. she also get's stab on rockslide. Ice fang is there to hit common dragons, flyers and ground types super effectively. Her EV spread, and rest/chesto berry combo is so that she can act as a wall, while still dealing substantial damage. I didn't put any EV's into speed because I figure that Tyranitar will hit close to last every time anyway, and they would be better spent on the defenses. Her nature is not good for psychical defense, however she was my first pokemon with "outstanding potential" IV's, and has quite high defence IV's, so I figure it's still a good deal.

Jellicent@Wide lens
    Ability: water absorb
    Ev's: 252 Hp/252 Sp.atk/ 4 Def
    Nature: Serious (neutral)
    Shadow ball
    Scald
    Blizzard
    Recover
    Jellicent is there to take on water and fighting that could otherwise lay waist to most of my team. shadow ball and scald mean that he can hit most foes for neutral damage, and blizzard is there for it's super effective damage on some very common types. the wide lens is there to help blizzard's awful accuracy. His Ev's give him some survivability, along with recover, and also nice sp.atk capability.

Claydol@Sitrus berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 Hp/100 Def/56 Sp.def/100 Sp.atk
    Nature: Quiet(+Sp. atk -Spe)
    Power split
    Cosmic power
    Psychic
    Earthquake
    Power split allows him to take some steam from sweepers. cosmic power raises defenses, this needs little explanation. psychic is there to take out fighting types, and earthquake is pretty self explanatory.

Exadrill@Life orb
    Ability: sand rush
    EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
    Nature: careful (+Sp.def -Sp. atk)
    Earthquake
    Sandstorm
    Rockslide
    Brick break
    Physical sweeper, good type coverage, and if the other team has a different weather set up, he can use sandstorm, and hopefully keep things in my favor.

Aron (lvl 1) @ Shell Bell
    Ability: Sturdy
    EV's: N/A
    Nature: Brave(+Atk -Spe)
    Endeavor
    Tackle
    Head smash
    He is probably the best pokemon I've used. sturdy keeps him from being 1 hit KO'd, and then endeavor brings the foe down to where just the damage from sandstorm can kill them. of course if the opponent knows this guy's function, he can attack with both pokemon, but I find most battles I'm in, people don't know how to deal with him. and even if they do, that's at least two attacks that otherwise would have hit someone else. he also heals with the shell bell to full hp if he uses endeavor, so... just awesome.

Aggron@ Air balloon
    ability: Rock head
    EV's: 252 Hp/ 156 Atk/ 100 Def
    Nature: Impish(+Def -Sp.atk)
    Thunder wave
    Head smash
    Iron head
    Dragon tail
    Aggron's head smash is like death itself had a kid, and that kid was a rock type move. Also iron head for rock types, but is rarely used, mostly Aggron is there to head smash. dragon tail gets rid of undesirable match up's, and thunder wave is helpful at slowing down potential threats. Air balloon gives him ground immunity until it pops, and makes him usable alongside the 3 earthquake users on the team.

i need some more info to answer that. maybe list the ev's of all the pokemon and their natures. here's some set recommendations that proved very successful for me in my competitive battling. i've used all those pokemon before, so i have a good hand on this.

Terrakion/Life Orb
    Adamant Nature

Close Combat
    X-Scissor
    Stone Edge
    Sacred Sword/Quick Attack

This set makes a good physical sweeper and revenge killer, and goes good with X-Scissor for bulky Psychic types like Latias. 2HKO at the least is what it takes to kill a max defense EV'd Latias with the help of Life Orb.

Claydol/Leftovers
    Sassy Nature

Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Toxic

Good for Rapid Spinning entry hazards out the field. If you see Forretress and Ferrothorn on an opponent's team, they're likely to set up hazards, so be prepared with Claydol for these situations.

Aggron/Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Rock Head

Head Smash
    Heavy Slam
    Aqua Tail
    Earthquake

This is a lethal offensive set, and defenses help it out surviving physical sweepers. It's Special Defense sucks, so try using Tentacruel for a switch in to survive a special sweeper and save Aggron.

Tyranitar/Choice Band
    Adamant Nature

Stone Edge
    Fire Punch
    Pursuit
    Superpower

Tyranitar is one of the most lethal Pokemon in OU battling. It's Choice Band boosts it to a marvelous 604 attack stat! Fire Punch is a Scizor Check. Pursuit gets rid of a Celebi when about to switch out, and Superpower is for good enemies of Tyranitar (ex: Keldeo, Breloom, and Terrakion).

Jellicent/Leftovers
    Bold Nature

Scald
    Will-O-Wisp
    Recover
    Taunt

This is a good utility counter that always finds a spot on a team. Good defensive wall too. I have nothing else to say about it. It's a good jellyfish.

Aron/Shell Bell
    ---- Nature

Endeavor
    Tackle
    Head Smash

The Rocky Helmet idea sucks. Shell Bell makes you continue to regain full health so Endeavor always works.

Well you're set. Try these sets and see if they work out for you. but the main team is 7/10 overall. Just get some better movesets and make use of your defensive walls and sweepers.
    Shinies hunting now: (HG/SS) (HG/SS) (B/W) (B2/W2)
    B2 FC: 5201 0364 1308
    No FC''s for the rest cause those are for shiny hunting only. All my competitive Pokemon belong to B2W2.
    Tiers I specialize in: OU, Uber.
    Setting up UU team soon.

Thread reopened, changes made
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

@darkness vs light

sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

since I had to edit the original post to re-open the thread, I made a few changes to the original as well.

I've had bad luck with the choice items, I find them too restrictive.

But you're right about the shell bell, it's been so much more helpful than the rocky helmet.
    also, nice move ideas. super power especially is a great move for tyranitar. however the resto-chesto combo has saved me countless times. but I defiantly should have taken super power over earthquake.
    Thank you for all the suggestions, they have been very helpful

I say get rid if either Agron or Aron and replace one of them along with either Terrakion or Garchomp

Garchomp
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band
    Dragon/Dance/Dragon Claw
    Outrage
    Stone Edge/Earthquake
    Giga Impact
    Ev's 252 atk/252sp/6Hp
    Adamant/Jolly Nature

Terrakion
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Evs: Same as Garchomp
    Items:Choice Band/Scarf
    Earhquake
    Stone Edge
    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    That's all I can think of, hope this helps
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)