Thread: Vgc'13 rmt

Default Vgc'13 rmt

Got a team for VCG'13, so its in the doubles format. It doesn't really have a strategy, I just try to cover almost everything with decent, all-round Pokemon. Anyway, here is the team:

Virizion@ Leftovers
    -Giga Drain
    -Focus Blast
    -Protect
    -Synthesis

EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 SpAtk
    Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)
    Ability: Justified

This is generally a good lead, because It is not bothered by Intimidate. It is a brilliant special wall, with decent defensive typing. Just so you get an idea of it's capabilities, modest max SpAtk Hydreigon using Fire Blast does around 60%. It can also take out things like Tyranitar, Politoed and Gastrodon pretty easily with its attacks, and it has Synthesis and Leftovers to help recover as much HP as possible.

Heatran@ Air Balloon
    -Heat Wave
    -Dark Pulse
    -Earth Power
    -Will-O-Wisp

EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Modest Nature (+SpAtk, -Atk)
    Ability: Flash Fire

This is my only special sweeper. Heatran has a STAB that hits both of your opponents with a chance of burn, along with other coverage moves. Again, I usually lead with it because it doesn't care about Intimidate. It has Dark Pulse mainly for Cresselia, but it helps with things such as Latios/Latias.

Terrakion@Rock Gem
    -X-Scissor
    -Protect
    -Rock Slide
    -Sacred Sword

EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpAtk)
    Ability: Justified

Terrakion is a brilliant physical sweeper with amazing STABs, covering a huge list of threatening Pokemon. I want Rock Slide to hit hard, and use Rock Gem to emphasise this. I choose Sacred Sword over Close Combat because Terrakion lives longer without the defence drops, and there will always be a random Double Team noob. X-Scissor covers everything that its other twi attacks don't, and Protect is for scouting and elongating its life while its ally takes out a threat.

Scizor@ Steel Gem
    -Bullet Punch
    -Pursuit
    -Bug Bite
    -Wing Attack

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, - SpAtk)
    Ability: Technician

Scizor hits for crazy damage with priority moves, further boosted by Technician and its amazing attack stat. Bullet Punch and Bug Bite are its STABs, and Pursuit and Wing attack are there for coverage. All of its moves are Technician-boosted. Steel Gem is there to ensure I get the most out of its priority move.

Azelf@ Liechi Berry
    -Ice Punch
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Natural Gift (80BP Grass move with Liechi Berry)
    -Detect

EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Ability: Levitate

Azelf is a very fast and strong, but frail sweeper. I run the less common physical set because of its good movepool. Zen Headbutt is its STAB, capable of hitting anything hard, and with a chance of flinch, which can be game-winning. Ice Punch hits Dragons and Zapdos/Thundurus hard, and gives it even more coverage. Natural Gift is for the suprise factor, which can change the flow of the game when my opponent think that they can wall me with their Gastrodon. Even if I don't use it, I still enjoy the Attack boost that Liechi Berry gives me.

Gyarados@ Lum Berry
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk

EVs: 100 HP, 208 Atk, 100 SpDef, 100 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
    Ability: Intimidate

Gyarados hits pretty hard, and has good bulk, supported by ResTalk. Sun teams hate it, and it walls fighting types to no end. Intimidate offers brilliant support, and you can occasionally pull off some crazy flinch hax with Waterfall and Ice Fang.
    BW2 FC: 0605 4217 2287

you dont need the dark pulse on tran. scizor alredy pwns cress. use hp ice/grass /dragon pulse/protect, since you need it to stop aannoying grass types.
    use sd and protect over pursuit and wing attack on scizor for the power, or aerial ace, since it is better than wing attack.
    seeing virizon, they wont send gastro out. use something like normal gem exposion for that supprise factor on azelf, oer natual gift.