Thread: Rotation and/or Set speculation.

Default Rotation and/or Set speculation.

Thought I'd just open a new thread just in case the other one closes.

Since I played enough of this game enough to know that rotation doesn't change much of anything unless its between era to era. Personally I think after plasma freeze comes out lando, tornadus and buffolant will become alot more playable (the implications of buffolant in articuno, drolls I want my badges). And with the release of megalo cannon, omg what a set, I can now make garbage donk an EX turn 1 with silver bangles and silver mirrors for 180 (htl+virbank). Or turn 2 200 with virizion/genesect and g-booster. So much from these new set's looks so playable in this format.

Edit: Ahh.. its so terrible.
    Last edited by ven?; 18th March 2013 at 6:32 PM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

I see so many cards that are anti-Keldeo/Blastoise and Anti-EX, however Big Basics are still going to be a threat. With Eels gone, the meta is going to change, but the BW era supporters will always be there, as you said it takes another generation to change the TCG. Additionally, the more I think about it, the more I think that the new format will in fact be DEX-on, since they wouldn't reprint the most important card in the format (catcher) if they weren't intending to keep it in the next format.

Also, I'd like to propose something in this thread. Since Pokemon USA is finally playing their cards right (all the puns intended) the 6th generation of the video games will see a simultaneous worldwide release.

However, since the TCG is, say, 5 months ahead in terms of sets in Japan, it remains to be seen whether or not simultaneous set releases would be possible. Of course, there are translations needed and the such, but if they do a call of legends-like set intermission,(with easy to make reprints out the ***) a better translating team could help give us a more unified game.
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

With the worldwide release of 6th gen, it's hard to say. This could be the first time that the tcg has taken the back seat on a worldwide level even though it has been gaining alot of popularity over the past recent years since DP.

As for unified game, they need to make more and better supporters (this game is to luck based it's terrible), but I wonder if we'll get that in the 6th gen, its hard to say.

I have a feeling they wont unify the sets. Even in terms of sets we're behind considering how much they cram into everything we get. Not to mention I thought big basics was playable all along..Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

They've been doing alot of set cramming, I'd laugh if we got megalo cannon with the next japanese set after plasma freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    With the worldwide release of 6th gen, it's hard to say. This could be the first time that the tcg has taken the back seat on a worldwide level even though it has been gaining a lot of popularity over the past recent years since DP.

As for unified game, they need to make more and better supporters (this game is to luck based it's terrible), but I wonder if we'll get that in the 6th gen, its hard to say.
    Judging from the last format or two, it seems that they're making OP cards to make up with their a lot of the flippy cards that they used to make, and haven't stopped to realize that this over-powered clogging has games rely on other instances of luck, like a first turn flip, or a topdeck. The meta should consist of decks that win based on good strategy and setup, when really it's either set up first and win in the prize exchange, or set up last and hope you can make a comeback.

What I'd really like to see in the X and Y sets (assuming Japan gets them this year) are cards that counter the next format to come, while great supporters (and maybe a defensive supporter ACE SPEC, with a powerful effect like your opponent putting the top card in his deck face down as a 7th prize or something.)

Pokemon has a lot of game balancing to do, and while they seem to be getting the hang of it, they aren't quite there yet in terms of Magic and Yugioh .
    When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I agree, personally I want to see supporters like castaway and Roseanne's, even twins.

Pokemon has a lot of game balancing to do, and while they seem to be getting the hang of it, they aren't quite there yet in terms of Magic and Yugioh .
    It could be me but I think it's just the skill level of the game developers, the game has a completely different feel to it from the past years.

I want to see seeker or collector (probably for just 2 cause of EXs) remade.

I think this just blew everything into proportion. If pokemon does get the go ahead to do this, given that this also means that we will have megalo cannon for a year, this makes the most amount of sense for pokemon to actually pull of releasing gen6 for tcg and video game and allow us to have a rotation that might take out NDX.
    Last edited by ven?; 16th April 2013 at 7:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    I think this just blew everything into proportion. If pokemon does get the go ahead to do this, given that this also means that we will have megalo cannon for a year, this makes the most amount of sense for pokemon to actually pull of releasing gen6 for tcg and video game and allow us to have a rotation that might take out NDX.
    Oh no way. We'll actually be in sync then! Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

Oh no way. We'll actually be in sync then! Qwaa
    Except the shiny collection (I had a feeling like we wouldn't get it so I decided to buy into it).