Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movies = Canon? Dump it all here and leave the Genesect movie thread alone plz

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya which would make it canon. They never bring back older pokemon in the movies so the simple fact that Charizard was even there should make it canon.
    So much wrong with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Cool, I'm actually glad I remembered something from that long ago, even if it doesn't absolutely confirm the movie ^_^

Eh, that's acceptable. In the end I guess if all of the fandom feels it canon though, it could probably get a pass. Oh well, I don't really care about movie canon since it doesn't make the show itself any better or worst
    Yeah you should be impressed haha.

I personally like to believe all movies besides 14 are canon, however i'm just listing the official confirmations and such.

Why are you the one always creating these threads pokemonsquard?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

I personally like to believe all movies besides 14 are canon, however i'm just listing the official confirmations and such.
    Seeing as that episode was one of the few to actually not be fully filler, I can see why I might have remembered

M14 is messed up, but it seems that the Zekrom movie was considered the true one seeing as it's the one to receive a manga adaption, though maybe they did make a manga version of White Hero as well (I wouldn't know)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

M14 is messed up, but it seems that the Zekrom movie was considered the true one seeing as it's the one to receive a manga adaption, though maybe they did make a manga version of White Hero as well (I wouldn't know)
    No, there is no manga adaptation of the Reshiram version.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I actually like the Movie (Zekrom/White Version being my favorite) I think the stories great but as I explained in the previous page, It messes with the canonolgy of the BW anime so badly compared to the other films that I can't stand the thought of it even being canon without a good explanation why.

I personally believe White is the intended real version of Movie 14 aswell for three reasons:

-The manga adapted White.

-In the title sequence of the Movie, it was given it's own unique theme whilst in Black it was the generic Movie theme (Potential hint? I'd like to think so).

-In the anime Ash is tied more to Zekrom especially now with N being tied to Reshiram. The Movie feels more fitting to follow the Zekrom team-up instead for Ash instead.

I actually like the Movie (Zekrom/White Version being my favorite) I think the stories great but as I explained in the previous page, It messes with the canonolgy of the BW anime so badly compared to the other films that I can't stand the thought of it even being canon without a good explanation why.

I personally believe White is the intended real version of Movie 14 aswell for three reasons:

-The manga adapted White.

-In the title sequence of the Movie, it was given it's own unique theme whilst in Black it was the generic Movie theme (Potential hint? I'd like to think so).

-In the anime Ash is tied more to Zekrom especially now with N being tied to Reshiram. The Movie feels more fitting to follow the Zekrom team-up instead for Ash instead.
    By messed up, I meant in terms of timeline XD

White Hero was the Japanese version that Ash got Reshiram...or maybe I mixing it up :S

But yet when I said Zekrom movie, I meant the one where Ash was the one to awaken it and was also the movie to get a manga adaption.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

By messed up, I meant in terms of timeline XD
    Me too.

White Hero was the Japanese version that Ash got Reshiram...or maybe I mixing it up :S

But yet when I said Zekrom movie, I meant the one where Ash was the one to awaken it and was also the movie to get a manga adaption.
    You mixed it up

Pokemon Movie White is where Ash awakens Zekrom to team up with it and fight against Reshiram.

I personally don't think the movies are canon at all. I mean, I know it might be silly for me to think it's not but... I would think that in the actual anime episodes, they would have mentioned their movie adventures. (especially with the Rise of Darkrai. I felt a little disconnect)
    岩根雅明=♡

*comes into this thread to give a reason why both versions of Movie 14 were canon*

Ash never uses Aura, he's simply mistaken as the 'aura guardian' by Spiritomb.
    ... *backs out of this thread*

So much wrong with this statement.

Essentially your saying that Charizard didn't save Ash and he got impaled by a spike and died.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Wait when did I make this thread?!

#confused.

Why should any movie be considered non-canon, unless it directly contradicts the anime? DO any of the movies directly contradict the anime? Where did the whole "some movies are non-canon" idea come from? Why not just decide that random episodes are non-canon if they are never referenced in other episodes? Does every episode need to reference every episode, series, and movie?

The only movie that has dubious canonicity is movie 14, but it is obviously a special case. Why should the others even be a question?

Movie 6 is proven canon through Movie 8 since Butler and Diane show up in the credits. Just throwin' it out there since it was overlooked.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    Movie 6 is proven canon through Movie 8 since Butler and Diane show up in the credits. Just throwin' it out there since it was overlooked.
    Not sure how that proves it's canon since Movie 6 itself doesn't have any implications of being canon in the first place

I personally believe all movies are canon (emphasis on movies; I don't count specials like the one about Mewtwo since it wasn't originally a movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post

The only movie that has dubious canonicity is movie 14, but it is obviously a special case. Why should the others even be a question?
    I agree with this.

I also think most, if not all, side specials and Chronicles episodes are canon too. They help with Pokemon's "expanded universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I personally don't think the movies are canon at all. I mean, I know it might be silly for me to think it's not but... I would think that in the actual anime episodes, they would have mentioned their movie adventures. (especially with the Rise of Darkrai. I felt a little disconnect)
    Scenes from Movie 1 are in the anime, Orange Islands Lugia is referenced in the Whirl arc, Professor Lunds research on Deoxys is mentioned and Genesect has been stated to directly tie into the anime.

It is beyond ridiculous to think they aren't canon.

Essentially your saying that Charizard didn't save Ash and he got impaled by a spike and died.
    No i'm not.

What you're implying is that if any character appears in a movie who appears in the anime that it is automatically canon.

If that's you're logic, every movie is canon since Ash appears in them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    Whilst I agree, that doesn't make it confirmed canon.

1 - Movie 8 isn't 100% confirmed canon.
    2 - Characters re-appearing especially in Butler and Diane's case doesn't mean anything. They appear farming or something in the credits. If Movie 6 is ever confirmed not to be canon (not saying it will), that means we'd have to assume Butler and Diane are simply a group of people and completely disregard their past. See what i'm saying? Characters appearing again especially for a short amount of time like they did means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I personally believe all movies are canon (emphasis on movies; I don't count specials like the one about Mewtwo since it wasn't originally a movie).
    Even Movie 14?

Movie 16 will confirm whether Mewtwo Returns is canon or not.

But the movies never mention anime locations(outside of the actual region and pallet town I believe)

That is an anime only location, meaning without the anime, Ash wouldn't even know about the valley. That seems enough to confirm it for me.
    You're getting the thing backwards. Ash already knew about the animé location, so that doesn't have any meaning on whether or not the thing that happened in the movie has any value whatsoever outside of the movie. What you're basically saying is that the animé isn't canon to the movies, which is backwards as the animé preceded the movies. Instead of that the movies aren't canon to the animé, which is sometimes the case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This thread is making me facepalm so hard I just put a hole in my head.

He gained them in the Riolu episode even though he used them fifteen episodes earlier when he was the only one who could seal Spiritomb because he had said powers?
    You opened your mouth again?

Ya which would make it canon. They never bring back older pokemon in the movies so the simple fact that Charizard was even there should make it canon.
    No it doesn't. It's just a pokemon that Ash used. Coming from the Charicific valley isn't any different then Oak and Deliah coming from Pallet Town in M2, and that isn't what makes that movie canon. Heck, it isn't even any different from Ash using any other pokemon he caught in a region. Because the movie just acknowledges the progression made (captures, releases, trades) in the animé.

Point of the matter is: The movie can be ignored for as far as Charizard is concerned. The movie is canon because Entei was recognized by the group in the Pineco-evolution episode. Without that recognition in the animé of the movie, it wouldn't be canon.

What you're saying is that because of Charizard returning, that this movie acknowledges that Charizard has been released prior. Just to make this 100% sure to you, this isn't making it canon. It's just an acknowledgement from movie to animé. If the animé acknowledges a movie, THEN IT'S CANON.

You're really, really getting it backwards.. Isn't it obvious that Ash impaled the spike and the spike died? [iJoke]
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I don't see the big fuss over canon/non-canon, the way I see the Pokemon movies is the same as say for Naruto or Bleach, or most other big name anime they are just like little side stories which may reference the anime but don't usually have an impact on it. Or like the Dragonball Z movies, they have varying degrees of canon and may actually be able to fit into the anime with few plotholes. But there doesn't appear to be a set value for Pokemon movie canon, you interpret what you want.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I see Pokemon Movies as Pokemon Movies. They are "canon" as in referenced within the show, but is its own "canon" per se. If you are confused, that's a good thing.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12