Thread: Rate My Team

Default Rate My Team

Hey everyone. I've recently got back into playing 3rd gen (Emerald), but I want to know what do you think about this team so far and what could I do to improve it. Oh yes, I've Just beaten Team Magma in Mossdeep so my team is in the high 30's in level. I know some of the natures may not be the best, but just tell me what you think of it.
    Swampert
    -Mild Nature
    Attacks
    Rock Tomb
    Take Down
    Surf
    Mud Shot

Gardevoir
    -Quiet Nature
    Attacks
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Psychic
    Flash (Will be glad to find a move deletor to replace it with Thunder or something)

Breloom
    -Hasty Nature
    Attacks
    Mega Drain
    Sky Uppercut
    Mach Punch
    Rock Smash

Shedinja
    -Modest Nature
    Attacks
    Shadow Ball
    Mind Reader
    Thief
    Fury Cutter

Slaking
    -Mild Nature
    Attacks
    Slash
    Counter
    Slack Off
    Cut

Vibrava
    -Hardy Nature
    Attacks
    Crunch
    Strength
    Dragonbreath
    Fly
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

My suggestion is to put Brick Break and Hyper Beam on Slaking, to counter Rock Types and Steel types in its way, and Hyper Beam is like its ability. Yeah, Gardevoir needs Thunderbolt in place of Flash. You could have put Leech Seed on Breloom if you had an HM Slave that can learn Rock Smash. And I recommend replacing Shedinja for a Ninetales:

Flamethrower
    Will-O-Wisp
    Confuse Ray/Toxic
    Dig/Toxic/Hidden Power/Fire Blast

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    My suggestion is to put Brick Break and Hyper Beam on Slaking, to counter Rock Types and Steel types in its way, and Hyper Beam is like its ability. Yeah, Gardevoir needs Thunderbolt in place of Flash. You could have put Leech Seed on Breloom if you had an HM Slave that can learn Rock Smash. And I recommend replacing Shedinja for a Ninetales:

Flamethrower
    Will-O-Wisp
    Confuse Ray/Toxic
    Dig/Toxic/Hidden Power/Fire Blast
    Kinda ironic, I was actually planning on capturing a Vulpix
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Swampert@Leftovers
    ~Surf
    ~Earthquake
    ~Ice Beam/Rock
    ~Return

No need for Mud Shot in Swampert. Its a bad, bad, move. No need for your set on Swampert...actually

Anyway, set is easy to obtain. With his current Nature (Mild) you can run Special ATKs on him. And that is something good, since its allow him to be a mixed sweeper (and theres few Mixed Sweepers in this Gen).
    Each move cover it other. For example:
    Surf hits Ground/Fire/Rock for SE Damage. Grass/Steel/Flying doesnt care or resist Surf. Which doesnt matter, since Earthquake will deal with Rock/Steel and Fire Types, too. Ice Beam will take out all Grass/Ice/Flying/Ground Pokes that (randomly) appears. Wait...what about Ice-types? Again, no problem, Return hits them for neutral damage already and it packs well alongside Swampert above than average ATK.

Gardevoir@Leftovers
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Psychic
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Thunderbolt

The best Gardevoir Set out there. Ice+Electric have wonderful coverage all by itself, its resisted by few, very, few pokes and, the greatest thing about that is; this pokemon is Lanturn and its evolution and rarely appears in-game. Theres no need to explain more. Psychic is her powerful STAB, and itll do plenty of damage to anything all by itself, if you look at her Special ATK stat (a terrific 125).
    Calm Mind is for setting up. After 2/4 CMs, nothing will resist a STABed Psychic or a Neutral Thunderbolt/Ice Pawnch.

All the best!

PS: you dont have to run 2 Lefties. Its all by your choice!
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

Shedninja
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thief
    -Mind Reader
    -Aerial Ace (Coverage)
    All credit for this banner goes to Red's Mount Silver Art Shop at Bulbagarden

Swampert
    Quiet
    ~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Return

Hits everything bar Shedinja. Quiet'd be a better nature, but Mild is fine, it at least boosts Special Attack.

Gardevoir
    Timid
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Psychic
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Filler / Ice Punch (after E4)

Quiet is actually quite bad, it lowers Speed. Timid is better since it boosts Speed. Psychic and Thunderbolt hit most Pokémon, combined with Ice Punch Gardevoir only fails to hit Magnemite/Magneton and Shedinja.

Breloom
    Adamant
    ~ Leech Seed
    ~ Sky Uppercut
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Return

Grass moves are special, and Breloom's Special Attack is only 60...

Shedinja
    Adamant
    ~ Silver Wind (breeding)
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Aerial Ace
    ~ Dig

Modest lowers Attack, by far Shedinja's best stat. Adamant is the opposite, and therefore a better nature.

Slaking
    Jolly
    ~ Hyper Beam
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Slack Off

Hyper Beam is okay on Slaking. Brick Break and Shadow Ball get unresisted coverage. Slack Off to heal.

Flygon
    Mild / Rash
    ~ Dragon Claw
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Filler (Fly if you want to)

Though Special Attack is not as high as Attack, it can still run mixed. Mild/Rash boosts Special Attack. Earthquake is powerful as it is. Those first three hit everything in the game for at least neutral damage, so you could run Fly for utility.