Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85

Thread: May Plot Discussion

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Although I do not think they would make Hugh as the protagonist.

    If this is true, this will mean that Black and White will be two consecutive chapters as the protagonists. (Unless they would make Hugh as the protagonist, low probability.)

    Even DP and Pt, they switch protagonist from Dia to Platinum.
    If Kusaka wasn't planning on making Hugh a dexowners, then why would he bother in introducing him in the BW2 prologue? He could better introduce the ones who'll be the main protagonist of that arc.

    I still think Hugh will become the 3rd Unova dexowner and represent both Black and White2.

    Dia had quite some main character role in the Pt arc. He kinda overshadowed Platinum when they were in the distortion world.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    If Kusaka wasn't planning on making Hugh a dexowners, then why would he bother in introducing him in the BW2 prologue? He could better introduce the ones who'll be the main protagonist of that arc.

    I still think Hugh will become the 3rd Unova dexowner and represent both Black and White2.

    Dia had quite some main character role in the Pt arc. He kinda overshadowed Platinum when they were in the distortion world.
    Because it's necessary to his backstory?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Because it's necessary to his backstory?
    And I don't recall any backstory of a supporting character. Norman's doesn't really count, because it's related to Ruby's backstory. The only backstories I've seen in this manga are from the Dexowners.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    And I don't recall any backstory of a supporting character. Norman's doesn't really count, because it's related to Ruby's backstory. The only backstories I've seen in this manga are from the Dexowners.
    Well there's Wally, Cheren and Bianca but I agree with you when you say that Hugh probably will become the third Unova Dexholder. The Unova characters need someone to fill in the role of a rival Dexholder and Samurott needs a trainer. Also, Hugh fits the description of a Dexholder that those who were close to being Dexholders but ended up not being one (Wally, Cheren and Bianca). Hugh is nameable in the games. All the rival Dexholders who appeared in the games were nameable there (or in Ruby and Sapphire's case, at one point). Wally, Cheren and Bianca weren't nameable.

    Oh and some more rebuttals to add to your argument that I agree with but still find some flaws with. To the bold: haha what are you talking about? A lot of non-Dexholders had backstories, especially villains and ex-villains, and aside from the ones I mentioned earlier here are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head: Lorelei, Lance, all of Pryce's kidnapped children, and Guile Hideout.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Well there's Wally, Cheren and Bianca but I agree with you when you say that Hugh probably will become the third Unova Dexholder. The Unova characters need someone to fill in the role of a rival Dexholder and Samurott needs a trainer. Also, Hugh fits the description of a Dexholder that those who were close to being Dexholders but ended up not being one (Wally, Cheren and Bianca). Hugh is nameable in the games. All the rival Dexholders who appeared in the games were nameable there (or in Ruby and Sapphire's case, at one point). Wally, Cheren and Bianca weren't nameable.

    Oh and some more rebuttals to add to your argument that I agree with but still find some flaws with. To the bold: haha what are you talking about? A lot of non-Dexholders had backstories, especially villains and ex-villains, and aside from the ones I mentioned earlier here are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head: Lorelei, Lance, all of Pryce's kidnapped children, and Guile Hideout.
    Pryce's baclstory is related to Blue and Silver's. Guile doesn't really have a backstory, he's Archie, crazy ex-leader of team Aqua, who survived thanks to Saque. Lorelei and Lance's are pretty small, the only thing we see is why Lorelei joined the elite four and Lance's hate for humans.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Finally.

    It only took a year.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,420

    Default

    Wait, what's that one-shot he's talking about?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Wait, what's that one-shot he's talking about?
    last year there was a character popularity poll and Red ended up as the most popular. So Kusaka has made a one-shot about Red after one year waiting.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,379

    Default

    I didn't forget about the Red chapter...I just stopped caring after HGSS. Now that there is actual news on it maybe I'll start to care again. It's been far to long since we've seen Red so why not? I still wonder how they'll do the popularity poll prizes in the future. Red is always going to win them so does that mean the prize always goes to him? Characters like Crystal and Emerald have no chance of ever getting the prize, poor kids. And I can totally see Black getting on the top 10 list in the future, knocking off names like Pearl, and Blue (girl) off the list, and whoever becomes a big deal in BW's chapter. N just might make the list for his name alone.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Whoa, Red chapter??? I thought that idea was completely ditched after years of never being mentioned. But...I kinda find it hard to imagine a place to put the chapter currently. Right now, it's the BW chapter which is in a region that's on the other side of the planet of where Red's region is (well not sure about "other side of the world" but definitely sure that the region is far away). I thought that if the Red chapter was ever gonna happen, then it would be placed between HGSS and BW in Volume 43 since HGSS was the last place that a Red chapter would be relevant but so much for that theory. I wonder if the Red chapter will even be placed within a volume. It might just be an added bonus chapter inside one of the magazines that release BW chapters that isn't really a part of the volumes (like the Rangers chapters). I don't think that a chapter dedicated to Red and Pika would come out of the blue in the middle of the BW arc. I also cannot think of any way that Red and Pika's actions would contribute to the BW chapter (we already know what happened, it's just the few and minor changes that happen within the volumes). Not saying that I'm against the Red chapter, I'm neutral about it but I just don't see how it will be useful to the plot. If it is just a bonus chapter not incorporated into the volumes then okay I'm up for a couple lol's.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Alright, so it seems we'll be getting it next month. At least according to what volume 44 said.

    "Pokemon the Comic?" How creative.


    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Whoa, Red chapter??? I thought that idea was completely ditched after years of never being mentioned. But...I kinda find it hard to imagine a place to put the chapter currently. Right now, it's the BW chapter which is in a region that's on the other side of the planet of where Red's region is (well not sure about "other side of the world" but definitely sure that the region is far away). I thought that if the Red chapter was ever gonna happen, then it would be placed between HGSS and BW in Volume 43 since HGSS was the last place that a Red chapter would be relevant but so much for that theory. I wonder if the Red chapter will even be placed within a volume. It might just be an added bonus chapter inside one of the magazines that release BW chapters that isn't really a part of the volumes (like the Rangers chapters). I don't think that a chapter dedicated to Red and Pika would come out of the blue in the middle of the BW arc. I also cannot think of any way that Red and Pika's actions would contribute to the BW chapter (we already know what happened, it's just the few and minor changes that happen within the volumes). Not saying that I'm against the Red chapter, I'm neutral about it but I just don't see how it will be useful to the plot. If it is just a bonus chapter not incorporated into the volumes then okay I'm up for a couple lol's.
    It hasn't even been two years since it was mentioned.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 28th March 2013 at 2:39 AM.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Ha, ha! Myth confirmed. A lot of people are going to be crazy when volume 44 comes out. And they want to scream to see Red and Pika.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    In fact, Red's round insert unlikely in BW.

    But it may be insert in B2W2 as a prelude of Pokémon World Tournament similar Hugh's round.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Alright, so it seems we'll be getting it next month. At least according to what volume 44 said.

    "Pokemon the Comic?" How creative.
    I guess a month waiting isn't so bad. If it get's published, it will be in the magazines, I think. I am soo happy, I wonder why it took so long for the chapter to be published.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    The official website updated.

    There is no information about Red's round.

    But we get the next month will appear some Legendary Pokémon (should refer the content of Fan).

    And I saw Kusaka said Orm (the Three Beasts member) is not dead yet, if there is a chance he hope that he can appear again.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 29th March 2013 at 1:39 PM.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    A place far away
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    The official website updated.

    There is no information about Red's round.

    But we get the next month will appear some Legendary Pokémon (should refer the content of Fan).

    And I saw Kusaka said Orm (the Three Beasts member) is not dead yet, if there is a chance he hope that he can appear again.
    The back cover of vol 44 had info about Red's round.

    What? Orm is still alive? Why does it take so long for him to make an appearance?

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I noticed that the picture of official website written "特別增刊"

    Therefore almost certainly "Pokemon the Comic" (ポケモン ザ コミック) is a new magazine......

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    Sorry for the delay in updates, but I think we already have a general idea of what's going on in this chapter. Basically, Cheren is shown to be hungry for power, a marked shift from his previous character. He withdrew Snivy against its will because he knew it simply was not strong enough, alluding to the fact that he didn't train it much because he did not see the potential in it. His Unfezant easily takes out the Hoodmna's Beeheeyem with a U-turn.

    On White's side, she approached Marlon and healed his Jellicent with Nancy. Marlon knew she was after information but decided to tell her what he knows anyway. He revealed that the Hoodman probably did not collect the 8 Badges but he could not detect the scent of the waters surrounding the Badge Gates, while he did for every other contestant, meaning the Hoodman did not go through the Badge Gates. He felt that Cheren was far more suspicious however, and told White to turn her focus on him. Interesting fact here is that he pointed out that White's Alomomola came from Route 4, and Stunfisk came from the waters of Icirrus. (I wonder how this logic works since I don't recall the Subway going through these areas and it was suggested that White caught them all during her Subway training).

    At the very end, Marshal is betting on whether Black or Cheren will make it to challenge them, but Grimsley's bet is that neither will, because he could already detect a rumbling from underground, and thus the Team Plasma movements.

    =========================

    Adding in Gigalith, we only have 9 Unova Pokemon to debut in the manga, while there are still 63 attacks to feature. I'm surprised that the writers did not use the League battle to show off most of the attacks. They will have a hard time cramming in all these attacks into the rest of BW and B2W2.

    And yes, 'Pokemon The Comic' is going to be a new magazine where the special Red chapter is going to be feature. It's unclear whether it will be a recurring one or just a one-off one though.



    Coronis~
    Last edited by Coronis; 29th March 2013 at 7:12 PM.

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,080

    Default

    Interesting. Hopefully, Cheren's power hunger is expanded on and segues him into his Gym Leader role.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    So...it's a new magazine entirely separate from Ichiban and Pokemon Fan?

    So, we're getting "three" chapters next month? Glorious.

    ...But this brings up the question as to what Pokemon the Comic will even have. The name implies it's gonna have manga. Manga other than Pokespe? *Shrug*

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lucid Dimensions
    Posts
    1,121

    Default

    It appears to be a new magazine separate from the current 2, but there isn't much information on its nature and release date actually. The official site says it will reveal its details in the near future (which judging by the way the worded the Red chapter release, may span across months). It doesn't seem to be coming out in the coming month though from the looks of things.


    Coronis~

    Myths of the Pokemon world. Created just for fun :)

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Perhaps one of the magazines will get started on the B2W2 chapter while the other magazine(s) will wrap up the BW chapter? *fingers crossed*

    Alright so what's going on is that since the Plasma Castle rose, the battle between Black and Cheren won't finish and instead we'll skip ahead to the big showdown of the BW chapter? Eh, I'm fine with skipping the Elite Four battles. We're constrained with time anyway and Black's battle with the Elite Four isn't THAT important. We all know he won't end up being champion in the end anyway, one way or another. What will probably happen is that both Black and Cheren get the offer to fight the Elite Four due to being finalists but both refuse because of some character development so instead the offer goes to the standing semi-finalist, the only one who did not cheat to get to the League (Iris) and she accepts, is successful in defeating the Elite Four and becomes champion. Just my predictions.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 30th March 2013 at 12:25 AM.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Originally posted by Coronis
    Sorry for the delay in updates, but I think we already have a general idea of what's going on in this chapter. Basically, Cheren is shown to be hungry for power, a marked shift from his previous character. He withdrew Snivy against its will because he knew it simply was not strong enough, alluding to the fact that he didn't train it much because he did not see the potential in it. His Unfezant easily takes out the Hoodmna's Beeheeyem with a U-turn.

    On White's side, she approached Marlon and healed his Jellicent with Nancy. Marlon knew she was after information but decided to tell her what he knows anyway. He revealed that the Hoodman probably did not collect the 8 Badges but he could not detect the scent of the waters surrounding the Badge Gates, while he did for every other contestant, meaning the Hoodman did not go through the Badge Gates. He felt that Cheren was far more suspicious however, and told White to turn her focus on him. Interesting fact here is that he pointed out that White's Alomomola came from Route 4, and Stunfisk came from the waters of Icirrus. (I wonder how this logic works since I don't recall the Subway going through these areas and it was suggested that White caught them all during her Subway training).

    At the very end, Marshal is betting on whether Black or Cheren will make it to challenge them, but Grimsley's bet is that neither will, because he could already detect a rumbling from underground, and thus the Team Plasma movements.

    =========================

    Adding in Gigalith, we only have 9 Unova Pokemon to debut in the manga, while there are still 63 attacks to feature. I'm surprised that the writers did not use the League battle to show off most of the attacks. They will have a hard time cramming in all these attacks into the rest of BW and B2W2.

    And yes, 'Pokemon The Comic' is going to be a new magazine where the special Red chapter is going to be feature. It's unclear whether it will be a recurring one or just a one-off one though.
    It's great to have you back, Coronis. Judging by Grimsely, how much do you bet that Team Plasma are going after Kyurem? It happened in BW2 for the game, so why not in manga?

    And by the way, everyone, I knew it! I knew Cheren is almost acting like Saskue! I was right!
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    It's great to have you back, Coronis. Judging by Grimsely, how much do you bet that Team Plasma are going after Kyurem? It happened in BW2 for the game, so why not in manga?

    And by the way, everyone, I knew it! I knew Cheren is almost acting like Saskue! I was right!
    Well, Ghetsis has to use a Legendary Pokemon for his big showdown with Black and White in the BW chapter. Considering that Black has Reshiram and White will probably get Zekrom from N, I don't think his Hydreigon will be a big enough threat for the final battle. All villainous team leaders up to this point have used legendaries so Ghetsis probably will too. The Kyurem will probably be in its normal, weaker form in BW and then in B2W2 we will get to see its two alternate forms. One thing that raises questions for me is how they will portray Black and White Kyurem in both of its forms at the same time (it'll be kind of a hassle to switch between the two forms with one Kyurem don't you think?) There's also the four other forms of Genesect. Maybe Colress will invent a cloning device?

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Genesect doesn't have multiple forms.

    As for Kyurem, the most likely situation is either

    A) Having Kyurem absorb both the Light and Dark Stones so that it can change shape freely.

    B) Have Ghetsis hold one stone for Kyurem and switches it at will.

    Then again it does bring up the question "why doesn't it just use the stones to become the Original Dragon again", but I digress.

    There's also

    C) only use one transformation.

    But that's unlikely.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •