Thread: Lucario's Last Stand

Default Lucario's Last Stand

Lucario's Last Stand

As I saw myself stuck in Creamery Command League(mostly because of closed gyms) I found myself with nothing to fill my time with so after many hours of banging my head against a wall until I got an idea of what to do I decided to build a team around a pokemon I don't usually use to see how it works out and that pokemon is(as you may have already guessed) Bronzong Lucario.
    Although this started out as a "fun" team I grew to like this team very quickly as it was so easy to sweep through unprepared teams with Lucario and the ridiculous amount of damage Landorus did thanks to it's ability Sheer Force.This pair has wrecked it's fair share of teams sometimes finishing them under 10 Turns.So with one of my favorite songs("Achilles last stand" by Led Zepplin) as a theme for this RMT I give you
    Lucario's Last Stand!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 SAtk / 232 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hydro Pump
    - Pain Split
    It was an April morning
    When they told us we should go
    And as I turn to you, you smiled at me
    How could they say no
    Whoa, the fun to have
    To live the dreams we always had
    Whoa, the songs to sing
    When we at last return again

My most common lead specially against Rain teams.Since I decided I already had enough fire power I chose the bulkier set for Rotom-w specially since it's my only resist against Water attacks.Because it's slower than it's Offensive variant it will be the last to switch out with Volt Switch shielding the pokemon I choose to bring in(usually Lucario) from taking damage from other Rotoms.Hydro Pump still does quite a number if it's super effective but most of the time I find myself either burning my opponent's team with Will-o-Wisp or abusing Volt Switch in order to get a favorable matchup(Tyranitar vs Politoed/Ninetales with Sandstorm up,Lucario vs Ferrothorn,etc,etc...)

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Destiny Bond
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    Swept New York a glancing kiss
    To those who claim they know
    To know the shrieks the seaman hears
    The devil is in his home
    Oh, to sail away
    To sandy lands and other days
    Oh, to touch the dream
    That hides inside and is never seen, yeah

The main purpose of Gengar in my team is to take out bulkier and faster pokemons that Lucario's priority moves fail to ko such as Latias,Scarfed Landorus-t,DD Gyarados and even Calm Mind abusers who managed to boost their power too much to be handled by my other pokemons like Jirachi and again Latias.Thunderbolt does quite the damage to annoying water types like Politoed or Gyarados while Shadow Ball provides a decent reliable stab and when paired with Focus Blast Gengar gains perfect neutral coverage.Destiny Bond is just Gengar's best way to tell certain threats to go **** themselves

Achilles (Lucario) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Steadfast
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Bullet Punch
    Into the sun, the south the north
    Flys the birds of gold
    The shackles of commitments fell
    In pieces on the ground
    Oh, to ride the wind
    To tread the air above the din
    Whoa, to laugh aloud
    Dancing as we fought the crowd, yeah

Now the star of my team Lucario.After one Swords Dance it's Atk reaches an amazing 700 stat and thanks to Life Orb boosting it's power even more Lucario is the perfect pokemon to spam priority moves and thats what it does best.After Swords Dance little to few can take Close Combat from this Jedi knight and many will still fall to the weaker but deadly Extremespeed while Bullet Punch hits Rock types hard(I just don't like Terrakion stopping me from sweeping).Although it's amazing offense abilities it has it's flaws like it's mediocre speed although Extremespeed makes up for it sometimes I need to hit harder but if I choose another move it'll just be outrun and killed(reason why I use Bullet Punch over Crunch or Ice Punch).

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    To seek the man whose pointing hand
    The giant step unfolds
    With guidance from the curving path
    That churns up into stone
    If one bell should ring
    In celebration for a king
    So fast the heart should beat
    As proud the head with heavy feet, yeah

Why I chose Choice Band over the standard set?I honestly didn't know untill this Tyrant took a bite at a certain wall that was bugging me in a battle and won me the match.Now I didn't keep it just because it did well in one battle.No I kept it because of it's amazing raw power with an Atk stat reaching 604 after Rotom's Volt Switch it can easily crush a slower threat or trap faster pokemons with Pursuit.Not only that Sandstorm allows me to deal with certain sashed pokemons and the so annoying Multiscale Dragonite. so it's a win win....for me not for the Dragonites.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Days went by when you and I
    Made an eternal summers glow
    As far away and distant
    Our mutual time to grow
    Oh, the sweet refrain
    Soothes the soul and calms the pain
    Oh, Albion remains
    Sleeping now to rise again

Despite having dropped to UU in this Generation that didn't lower Bronzong stats meaning it's ability to take certain moves is just as good as it was before and even though Ferrothorn is a better wall Zong still has it's niches.For starters thanks to it's Psychic/Steel typing it will take neutral damage from fighting type attacks which I admit seems kinda redundant in a team with Ghost and a Flying type.But since it doesn't have a 4x weakness to fire Dragons like Latios,Dragonite,Salamence and also Garchomp will have trouble to kill without Gyro Ball finishing them or just weakening them to Lucario's kill range.Also Stealth Rock support on this team is highly appreciated.
    Now seriously the only reason why I chose this guy over Ferrothorn is because I tried Ferrothorn and somehow it just didn't "fit" at least not for me.I can use this team with Bronzong better.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Wandering upon the rings
    What place to rest the search
    With the mighty arms of Atlas
    Hold the heavens from the earth
    Oh, the mighty arms of Atlas
    Hold the heavens from the earth, whoa

My last pokemon: Landorus.Decent speed amazing fire power thanks to it's good special attack,great offensive movepool and amazing ability Landorus is just as important to this team as Lucario(inb4 smogon bans it)Not Earth Power and Focus Blast enjoy a nice boost from it's ability but when they are used thanks to Sheer Power Life Orb doesn't hurt Lando which is nice since that means I can spam very powerful moves without having to worry about a recoil.Hiddein Power Ice hits Grass types and Dragons who are immune to Earth Power and resist Focus Blast while Substitute protects it from faster threats.
    Last edited by Happy Jack; 20th March 2013 at 10:04 PM.

*bump*
    like seriously?

Hello Happy Jack, you have an interesting team here. That said, I did notice a few things you could perhaps change.

I'd like to commend you for your use of Lucario. It, too, is sadly rare in OU. This also means that its power as a potent OU sweeper is very undermined.

Ok. Now, as far as changes go, I don't see much that I'd actually change. Your Landorus' set concerns me, as unpredictable threats with Ice Punch like Scarfed Rachi & Lucario. The intent of Substitute is good, but the occasional repeated HP loss may add up in the end and cost you the match. It is for these reasons that I suggest for you to try out RockPolish>Substitute to give Landorus a much appreciated +2 boost in Speed to outpace all possibly faster threats.

This is literally the only suggestion I can make at the moment. At any rate, I hope this helps. Best of luck with the team.

When in doubt, fight harder...Never accept defeat as temporary satisfaction...
    Feel the Heat
    Check out my latest RMT

Quote Originally Posted by CedOmega View Post
    Hello Happy Jack, you have an interesting team here. That said, I did notice a few things you could perhaps change.

I'd like to commend you for your use of Lucario. It, too, is sadly rare in OU. This also means that its power as a potent OU sweeper is very undermined.

Ok. Now, as far as changes go, I don't see much that I'd actually change. Your Landorus' set concerns me, as unpredictable threats with Ice Punch like Scarfed Rachi & Lucario. The intent of Substitute is good, but the occasional repeated HP loss may add up in the end and cost you the match. It is for these reasons that I suggest for you to try out RockPolish>Substitute to give Landorus a much appreciated +2 boost in Speed to outpace all possibly faster threats.

This is literally the only suggestion I can make at the moment. At any rate, I hope this helps. Best of luck with the team.
    Thank you so much for the rate!God I was starting to get annoyed that everyone just ignored this team.
    Now about Lando.The reason I don't use Rock Polish is because of the pokemon who outspeed Landorus and that can't be ohko'ed(Latios,Latias,Virizion)I use Lando mostly to hurt badly certain walls and sub not only allows me to check for scarfs on more fragile pokemons but also lets me get get two attacks at something bulkier that lando outspeeds and that might be enough to deal with a pokemon that walls Lucario like Jellicent.Not only that it also shields me from priority moves and considering Scizor's popularity that's a pretty good thing.
    Another reason why I don't use Rock Polish is because I already have Lucario who can revenge kill faster threats with Extremespeed or Bullet Punch and also Gengar who pretty much outspeeds the entire metagame bar scarfed Ninjask.